Deleted

RPG Classes / Play Styles

Hey guys,

I am doing some research about several aspects of the role-playing game. Investigated quests for some time (which was esp. nice with GW2 around the corner). Now I want to get to investigate more about different play styles in games and how they coorperate with classes. For this reason I would like to hear people's opinions, ideas and other thoughts .

So please answer these questions:
    - What do you think defines a class (not taking into account the ''theme'', like death guys for a necromancer, nature for a druid, etc...) or a play style? Not just in WoW, but any RPG.

Examples are:
    - range (ranged vs melee)
    - attack speed (slow vs fast)
    - spell order (rotation vs priority)
    - role (damage, support, tank, heal, control (any others?)).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmocd7bc7bf333; 2012-04-10 at 09:33 PM.

I always play support/healer (Clerics, Paladin, Druid, Priest, Chanter, Paragon, Monk, ect.)

I define it as a class that can keep someone alive through anything, generally magical, I HATE classes who are useless solo, but that seems to define nearly every support class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrele View Post
    I always play support/healer (Clerics, Paladin, Druid, Priest, Chanter, Paragon, Monk, ect.)

I define it as a class that can keep someone alive through anything, generally magical, I HATE classes who are useless solo, but that seems to define nearly every support class.
    Ye, I know what you mean. I prefer classes with (self)heals, ranged and if possible with a pet. This is a rare combination though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arano View Post
    Ye, I know what you mean. I prefer classes with (self)heals, ranged and if possible with a pet. This is a rare combination though :P
    I believe you have just described the Ranger profession in Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    Back on topic: anyone thinks I miss a variable that defines a class? Noticed later for example I missed the pets