Most crowded Republic server and do legacy points carry over across different server?

I'm set on resubbing after I finish off KOTOR this week. The patch notes address some of my initial complaints and I've grown addicted to Bioware story mechanics after my experience with the Mass Effect games and KOTOR in my time off.

Since one of my main gripes with leveling was the repetitiveness of non-class quests the second time around, I'm going to skip that problem and switch factions.

Originally I was Sith on The Swiftsure and IT WAS AWESOME, but I'm not sure that server has the greatest Republic activity. I want a server with near non-stop activity and very healthy GTN economy (preferably the most crowded for the Republic side). I am more than willing to wait in queues to get what I want. If that server happens to be The Swiftsure, I'll go with not making the server swap.

Speaking of server/faction swaps, does my Legacy vanish when I switch servers or factions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your legacy will vanish when you switch servers but not if you reroll different faction on the same server. The Fatman is pretty good for reps.

I just rerolled on Jedi Covenant Republic and the population seems ridiculously high compared to my old server. Your legacy counts for all characters on the same server regardless of faction, it does not cross servers.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A few things to note. You will never find a server that is busy 100% of the time. At least not in the current version of servers being used in MMO's. If we all played on a single server and used instancing as a form of population control then yes you would be much closer to that 100%.

In any case the other guys have answered your queries I just wanted to clarify that little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Your legacy will vanish when you switch servers but not if you reroll different faction on the same server. The Fatman is pretty good for reps.
    Stay the fuck off The Fatman.

Pretty tired of 45 min queues on a Monday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Har Har Har. Rep ques actually aren't that bad. I think the longest I've waited is like 10 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Convent is great man <3

When a wild forum troll appears

I am now heavily leaning toward The Fatman.

I think most people would be really happy to have ques on their server. It means people are actually playing there. I'd rather have to wait to get on then be on and have noone to play with.

Deleted
    a note as per your legacy: it wont carry over.

But they stated at the guild summit that when transfers come in and one character is transfered to another the legacies will merge and the highest legacy will take priority.

so if you start a new character, then by the time you get high enough maybe server transfers will be in and you can bring your legacy over from your old one, by transferring one of your old characters.

no ETA on the server transfers yet tho, just "soon" after 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think most people would be really happy to have ques on their server. It means people are actually playing there. I'd rather have to wait to get on then be on and have noone to play with.
    Oh yeah, its great, amazing if you wanna run hammer station, black talon or athiss.

HM's still take forever to find ppl.

Oh, also if you love anal spam, political talk and racism then yeah, come to the Fatman, sit in a queue, then have hundreds of ppl to troll. YAY!

Oh yeah, its great, amazing if you wanna run hammer station, black talon or athiss.

HM's still take forever to find ppl.

Oh, also if you love anal spam, political talk and racism then yeah, come to the Fatman, sit in a queue, then have hundreds of ppl to troll. YAY!
    I'll take chat over nothing. The problem with HMs is that they are pointless, that's a game flaw not a people flaw. You can pretty much jump right in to Normal EV/KP and skip the HMs, I did, most people in my guild did. If there are people, there are probably guilds clearing HM and NiM, I don't see too much of that on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I'll take chat over nothing. The problem with HMs is that they are pointless, that's a game flaw not a people flaw. You can pretty much jump right in to Normal EV/KP and skip the HMs, I did, most people in my guild did. If there are people, there are probably guilds clearing HM and NiM, I don't see too much of that on my server.
    I remember when RIFT heroic dungeons were like pulling teeth to run. I love how that all got streamlined. Perhaps 1.3 will change that.

They said at the guild summit that their plan is if you transfer a character to another server, their legacy goes with them. If there is already a legacy in place on the server you transfer to then whichever is at a higher legacy level is the one that will persist. Not sure what will happen to legacy names when transferred or if there is already a legacy of the same name on the new server but most likely they will just reset the legacy name on transfer to prevent issues.

Server transfers and LFG systems are supposed to be coming with the 1.3 patch according to the latest interviews.

Dulfy's Healing Corner has some nice server population data.

You can find PvE info here:http://dulfy.net/2012/02/24/some-num...swtor-servers/

and PvP info here: http://dulfy.net/2012/03/01/numerica...p-pvp-servers/

Was Fatman one of the "unofficial" Oceanic servers?

Since there are now Aussie/Kiwi servers would the March 1st date on those numbers be accurate?
    Last edited by LonestarHero; 2012-04-11 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Was Fatman one of the "unofficial" Oceanic servers?

Since there are now Aussie/Kiwi servers would the March 1st date on those numbers be accurate?
    No it was not. The Swiftsure was, as well as Cancerous Oreo

No it was not. The Swiftsure was, as well as Cancerous Oreo
    One for PvP and one for PvE, got it!

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    No, not exactly accurate anymore. However, it does give you a good idea of what the higher population servers are in the US - which I should have specified in my initial post...