Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is it in PvP........

Whenever one team stomps the other team, the team that did the stomping always says good game(gg) when it clearly was not a good game?

It means they played well. It's called courtesy and has been a part of e-sports formality for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It means they played well. It's called courtesy and has been a part of e-sports formality for a very long time.
    A stomp fest is not a good game.

Would you rather have someone say "Haha, noob fag, you suck, lolololololol" or have a little bit of decency. It's like saying thank you to your grandmother for giving you a crappy sweater, it's just a nice thing to do.

Do you want people to call you noob and constantly flame you afterwards instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    So you'd rather the winners just, do what, exactly? Brag? Say nothing? Insult them? What? I seriously don't know what the point of ever not being courteous in a competitive atmosphere is.

It's not patronizing, it's not sarcasm, it's not hurting anybody. Sometimes courtesy is just courtesy. Etiquette is just etiquette.

Honestly, it's like saying "Good fight" when you win a duel in WoW. If it's actually a good fight, they often mean it, if you were stomped, sarcasm.

It's a simple courtesy, rather than a literal statement.

Bragging and condescending isn't very nice. Not every victor has to become pompous.

10+ Year Old Account
    L2P then if you don't wanna get stomped, and don't like GG

GG, to make all the fails think they did some good ^.^
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Whenever one team stomps the other team, the team that did the stomping always says good game(gg) when it clearly was not a good game?
    lol l2p fag

Happy now?

"gg" to me always gets translated in my head to "stick a fork in 'em...they're done"

gg is pretty much a courtesy call if you respect your opponent, imo.

If you dont like good game i guess we can say ww(Well Won)

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I say GG it means either good game and/or good job

Because it was a good game for them.

So you are upset that the clearly better team is choosing to show good manners rather bragging ?
    No wonder the wow community is so screwed up if this is what happens when you do the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell us, what would you say too someone you just stomped on?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    GG or Good Game is what we use in the in the real world at the end of any type of sporting event. Its a sign of good sportsmanship and a way to psychologically keep that which happens on the field just that, on the field. Good sportsmanship is a very valuable character trait that shouldn't be taken lightly. Professional athletes still tell each other GG (well good game) after competitions, win or lose.

For one, even professional teams will only put up with someone with poor sportsmanship for so long, i.e. NFL teams cutting super stars. There is no reason for good sportsmanship not to carry over into e-sports. Second, it keeps competitions from getting personal. You got beat, deal with it, but no need to go making the matter personal. Its a game someone had to lose. Same goes with winning, no need to rub in a victory. Actually a lot of people who gloat about victories (difference from celebrating and gloating), they are usually awful competitors and the gloating is a projection of their insecurities.

Frankly I am tired of the poor attitudes I run to when playing any type of competitive video game. When I played sports its wasn't tolerated and I played for a highly competitive and successful school, bad sportsmanship in our conference wasn't tolerated at all. E-sports will never be taken seriously outside of a niche group of gamers unless we shed this childish attitude. Nothing like someone ruins a competition more than someone saying BG at the end of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Tell us, what would you say too someone you just stomped on?
    I wouldn't say anything. Especially when it is 10v10 and the crappiest person getting carried on the team doing the stomping is the one going, GOOD GAME GUYS! REALLY GOOD GAME!!

I wouldn't say anything. Especially when it is 10v10 and the crappiest person getting carried on the team doing the stomping is the one going, GOOD GAME GUYS! REALLY GOOD GAME!!
    Well, then he's being patronizing and kind of obnoxious. Nothing wrong with just a simple post-game GG though.