10+ Year Old Account

Cheap Upgrade for soon to be dead PC

This is my current PC

Motherboard: FOXCONN A74ML-K (Socket 940)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    RAM: 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 366MHz
    Hard Drive: 977GB Hitachi ATA Device (SATA)
    Screen: Samsung Syncmaster B2030 (1600x900)

Now the situation
    Currently im saving to build a monster rig for Black Friday, or any time around that time (Nov-Dec)

This PC, the one i have, can run WoW on Medium preset for everything except 25mans, for 25mans i have to switch to Low.
    And i plan to buy GW2, but im afraid of something i noticed.

The SystemRequirement Labs webpage, says that im above minimun for GW2, but, they also said i was avobe recommended for Rift.
    This last 2 days i have been playing the Rift Trial, and i cant run the game on nothing higher than Low. So right now, im a little afraid to pay for the prepurchase of GW2 and then on the Beta events find out that my PC cant handle it, or it can, but with 12 fps on the lowest settings.

So the questions are

1. Will me PC be able to run Guild Wars 2 at least on the lowest setting with more than 24 fps? (kinda specific and hard i know)
    2. What is the best upgrade i could get for my shitty current pc? (Best value per $, and the biggest impact on perfomance)

I wouldn't mind getting a small upgrade that will help me play GW2 and WoW a little better until i get the new rig.

Thanks in advance :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best upgrades you could get would be the new i5-3570's that come out at the end of April along with a z77 motherboard preferably AsRock http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157293

These pieces would run you about $370 but would not need to be upgraded once you purchase your new computer in 7 months.

If you can't wait for the 3570 you could buy the i5 now which would not need to be upgraded also in November.
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=579...l&promoid=1101

let us know if you have any questions!