Poll: Money and Fame or Simple life with scientific/social achievements

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Money and Fame or Simple life with scientific/social achievements

recently there have been numerous instances where it seems the moral line just keeps getting pushed back further and further. So imagine you have two options for life:

Money and Fame:
    You will be wealthy and well known. Examples would be Hollywood celebrities, rich corporate moguls like warren buffet, dondald trump etc

Simple life with scientific/social achievements:
    You will have all you need for a comfortable (not exuberant though) life but you will contribute to humanity by means of your work towards science/art/humanities etc. Examples would be Einstein, Stephen Hawkins, Warhol, Picasso, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa etc.

You can pick your choice of what you want your life to be but you can only pick one. One can say that you can be rich and give millions to charity but let's face it, very few rich people do that and many just do it for tax breaks, so no crossover of roles allowed. also, giving money to something is not the same as being on ground trying to make a difference (it's good and much appreciated though).

Deleted
    id definetely take money and fame
    while contributing to humanity sounds like the right thing to do,if I think deeply about it,I don't really care.
    For thousand of years we humans have been waging war,murdering ourselves,abusing ourselves,torturing,abandoning and so more...

Why should I care about the next generation if say 80 million will live a happy,bright and shiny life while 20 million will live an horribly miserable life?
    To me the importance of one life doesn't decrease because it stands next to million others.
    Right now as I write this there are people living horrible lives out there,so I say humanity isn't worth contributing to.
    Might aswell be selfish and think only of your happiness and your closed ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    id definetely take money and fame
    while contributing to humanity sounds like the right thing to do,if I think deeply about it,I don't really care.
    For thousand of years we humans have been waging war,murdering ourselves,abusing ourselves,torturing,abandoning and so more...

Why should I care about the next generation if say 80 million will live a happy,bright and shiny life while 20 million will live an horribly miserable life?
    To me the importance of one life doesn't decrease because it stands next to million others.
    Right now as I write this there are people living horrible lives out there,so I say humanity isn't worth contributing to.
    Might aswell be selfish and think only of your happiness and your closed ones.
    If that is how you feel about people, what makes you think money is going to make you happy in their stead?

15+ Year Old Account
    No desire whatsoever to be famous. Money doesn't really buy you happiness, just alleviates the boredom for a while... and I don't have a desire to go nuts with it.

I wouldn't be opposed to contributing to society, but my focus would be on whatever makes me happy... which only really leaves one answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have millions of friends than millions of dollars. Easy answer.

Deleted
    Definately the simple one, immortality is right around the corner.

Deleted
    Both options suck to be blunt.

Money and fame - I'd take the money, keep the fame

Simple life with scientific/social achievements - who says there isn't money in this one? And that I'd have to be altruistic?

So I'd probably take the money and fame, then change my identity and disappear.. or 2, if I can be selfish, like there, I invented the cure for cancer. What, no you can't have it unless you pay me $50k. Too poor? Well, I guess you just have to take a loan, dear.

I have no interest in fame, I have no real ego that needs stoked, so it would be more of a burden.

Money would be nice, but I'd just want enough to have an ok house, and keep a running car, bills paid, and maybe an extra $100 a month for play money.

Scientific/Social achievments, meh, again, I have no ego that needs stoked, so I don;t care at all a bout achievements

So I'll just take money.

Easily the science choice with the added bonus of a nice social life. It's kind of my goal in life to contribute to humanity somehow, even if it's not something big like curing cancer.