Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've Said it before a few times so I assume you guys keep missing it. Yes a girl can inherit however the male family members will usually force the females out.

You used the Karstark example which is perfect for me since as you just said the uncle took control and has control, until Jon takes his son hostage and Stannis captures the uncle or another son for trying to betray him.

Deleted
    no, you said that an uncle has a better claim, not that they usually wrest control off their nieces.

Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    no, you said that an uncle has a better claim, not that they usually wrest control off their nieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnage View Post
    I understand where you are coming tho, females are supposed to be able to inherit, but the males of the family almost always are more powerful or influential to take their inheritance .
    Um yea I did.

Deleted
    This is not true, after Stannis is would go to Renly. Girls can't inherit (Except in Dorne), but if they bare sons they can inherit through their mother.
    Girls only inherit if their father had no brothers.
    so basically you're just contradicting yourself constantly, noted this discussion is going nowhere anymore anyway, we've had divine intervention from outside who has given the answer and we should leave it at that before it becomes ugly

Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    so basically you're just contradicting yourself constantly, noted this discussion is going nowhere anymore anyway, we've had divine intervention from outside who has given the answer and we should leave it at that before it becomes ugly
    That quote is directly about the claim to the Iron throne itself from what I've read women can't sit it.
    I see now I was unclear saying "can't" when I should have said "should, but won't". I was speaking in the mindset of westeros. ^__^

Deleted
    John Snow is a news reporter in the UK and this thread REALLY confused me until I read the title again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main difference between Jon and Gendry is that Jon is an acknowledged bastard. People know that he's Ned's; he was brought up alongside Ned's trueborn children. Gendry, on the other hand, was pawned off to some armourer and never linked to Robert at all until the two Hands of the King came knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde View Post
    Snow because Snow is the surname for bastard born kids in the north. Just like Lord Bolton's bastard son is called Ramsay Snow.
    Never call him that.

Ramsay BOLTON, never Snow. You have to remember his name, or he'll hurt you.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-04-11 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I don't know if I agree siblings are before bastards.
    [COLOR=#000000]I remember Rob Stark tries to put John Snow next in line before he dies.[/COLOR] Is he allowed to do that?
    He's King. He can do as he likes. He wanted to legitimize him and make him heir in the event he died without having an heir of his own. But remember, he wasn't doing it to bypass anyone out of spite. He thinks Bran and Rickon are dead. Arya is presumed dead as nobody has heard a single word of her since the day of Ned's capture. That leaves only Sansa, and considering she was forced into a marriage (not going to add the spoiler of who in case non-readers click on this) to a man and family he did NOT want having any claim to Winterfell whatsoever, he had no real choice other than to name Jon his heir.

Even then, whenever there's some dispute at all over inheritance, it often starts another war. One of the Targaryans legitimized all of his bastards upon his death, and the realm bled because of it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 04:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Ill just say R+L=J.
    Agreed. But it hasn't been confirmed yet, and since that could be a huge spoiler to non-readers, you might want to hide that.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2012-04-11 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Ill just say R+L=J.
    I agree, that was my impression at least.