playing on launch night with CE

Hi!

I just bought my CE (yay!) and i was wondering if i will be able to play the night it launches or do i have to wait until my box arrives?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    If it's pre-purchase, then you'll be able to play three days before launch day.

If it's pre-order, it depends on when it's delivered by the retailer, but not before launch day.

I dunno, maybe CE is pre-purchase only?

Quote Originally Posted by Bilen View Post
    Hi!

I just bought my CE (yay!) and i was wondering if i will be able to play the night it launches or do i have to wait until my box arrives?

Thanks in advance!
    You will be able to play the day of launch. You will have, I'm pretty sure, 5 days after the launch date to enter the code that comes with the box. Play should be seamlessly continuous.

If i am not mistaken, you get the key before you get the physical box itself. If so, you get to play it 3 days before the actual release. If not, don't mind me, haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    If it's pre-purchase, then you'll be able to play three days before launch day.

If it's pre-order, it depends on when it's delivered by the retailer, but not before launch day.

I dunno, maybe CE is pre-purchase only?
    Some pre-order has a 1 days headstart.

But yes, it depends on what type of purchase you made. A Pre-Purchase means 3 days headstart and you got 5 days to enter your CE code (you know you got this if you get Pre-Purchase code/box). Special Pre-Order means you should get the game early to access the headstart, info should be given by the retailer. Normal Pre-Order means no headstart and you can't play until normal release date.

To clarify my post, you get a second code after you get the full box. You enter this within 5 days to carry on playing.
    In Europe, where you don't get a full box upon release, I assume you just carry on playing.
    And yes...pre-purchase 3 days headstart, pre-order 1 day. You get this by entering the code you got upon pre-purchase or pre-order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    To clarify my post, you get a second code after you get the full box. You enter this within 5 days to carry on playing.
    In Europe, where you don't get a full box upon release, I assume you just carry on playing.
    And yes...pre-purchase 3 days headstart, pre-order 1 day. You get this by entering the code you got upon pre-purchase or pre-order.
    Since this topic was about CE this isn't true. All CE need a second code on release even in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by bekris View Post
    This is the link for the client downloader before the forum was taken down
    No it isn't, well it is, but it's useless. From what Anet has said that client is old and will not be used in the next beta event. You will have to download another client if you install the client in that link, and you will not patch that client to the new client. It's completely separate.

You also have 5 days after the release to pick up your CE before you're unable to play the game.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-11 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Btw posted this on the wrong topic by mistake sorry.
    This is the new client and is gets updated almost everyday. I have downloaded 2 patches already