Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Because most of the women portrayed in the media as beautiful are thin, ask a man which celebrity they find most attractive and most will reply with a thin person.
    I don't find thin women to be attractive because the media tells me to. I find thin women attractive because I'm attracted to it. Fat people are ugly. If the media told me to find fat women attractive, I'd still find it ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "curves"? Is it shape or bodily fat percentage? You know, it's possible to be fat and still have a flat ass if your gluteus muscles are undeveloped. I'd rather prefer a woman with trained muscles and low body fat, than someone who's curves are composed from lard. And it's hard to be "curvy" if your waist is the same as your hips.

Once again, thin != fit. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

Hm, now as a girl, I don't look like any of those pictures. I would guess I'm at the 25%, but my fat is distributed more evenly, whereas there it really 'focuses' around her hips and upper thighs, so she looks pretty much out of proportion, if I may say. If you take a bit of her fat around that area and just evenly distribute it, e.g. a bit more to the lower legs, she really doesn't look bad.

BMI, fat percentages etc. all just give an idea, but in the end, I know women (same height, same weight) who have such a huge arse but really skinny legs, or really fat legs but a skinny upper body.

As for myself, I've experienced a 'wide range' of weight. I'm 180cm (tall for a girl), and the thinnest I was was around 67kg, and the fattest I was was about 80kg (right after giving birth to my second (!) child, so cut me some slack). At both weights my upper thighs would touch each other when walking, that even when I was at 67kg, did alot of sports even specifically for those inner muscles at my thighs at a gym, I just wouldn't lose enough 'volume' there for it to go away. It annoys me incredibly and makes me feel so fat especially when I'm wearing only underwear or a bikini, and it feels like everyone is staring there when I'm walking. Also the flesh/skin constantly rubbing at each other hurts after a while, and I get little 'burns' from the friction. I asked Personal Trainers whether there was something I could do about it, but they said there wasn't, every woman has a different 'figure type', and mine just happens to be the way it is, that when I gain weight, I gain it around my inner upper thighs, and it's also the last place where I'd lose it. For me to make it go completely I'd need to go down to like 55kg and be close to death - no thanks.

Now, I'm 180cm and 74kg, which is a BMI of 22.8 (Normal weight = 18.5–24.9). I've never heard anyone complaining about my figure. The 20% picture looks more like a 18 -19 to me, which is close to 'underweight', and it's what most people 'like' and what you see in the media, whereas the 18% is definitely underweight.

Every man, boyfriend or fling that I've had loved my body, but I feel fat, not just because of media that show me the 18-20% girls all the time, but also because of the clothes I can and can't wear. Jeans are the biggest pain. They fit around my waist but are too tight around my legs, so I always have to buy a size bigger for them to fit there, but need a belt so they don't fall off my hips. I'm so glad that where I live treggings/leggings and other stretch-type trousers that adjust to your figure are in fashion at the moment, it makes my life alot easier because finding normal trousers that fit me is impossible. Another thing is with 2-piece-stuff like a bikini, if I buy a 80C (which fits) top, the the panty is too big, when I buy a 80B top, the panty with it is too tight.

So personally for me it isn't much about what's going on on TV or wherever, I don't give a crap about them, it's also easier to look good and thin when you have thousands or millions of dollars to spend on a personal cook, a private personal trainer that comes to your home into your home gym, and a 24/7 nanny who takes care of your children whenever you want. I simply don't have the time anymore to stay as fit as I used to. But what makes me feel fat personally is the fashion and that things I'd like to wear just look 'wrong' on me, because most things are made for women with a 'perfect body' and not for those who have a 'big arse but small tits' or 'thick thighs but small waist'. And don't talk about shoes... EU size of 42.5 makes it almost impossible to find good-looking shoes for women since most of them stop at 41. >< GRR

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    No, the criteria for male perfection is much stricter than female physical perfection. For women, all you have to do is get to a normal weight (i.e. BMI 19-21), do maybe an hour of exercise per week and you are set, since men have much more varied tastes in women than vice versa. This will take no more than 3 months for a normal, non-obese woman to achieve.

For a man, you need to look like the cover of a romance novel. Here's a hint: they all look the exact same. Ripped abs, masculine jawline, broad shoulders. It takes years to achieve that look. And it involves much more than an hour of light exercise a week.

However, since men care a lot more about her looks than her education, there is more pressure for you to look good. BUT ITS EASIER FOR YOU TO LOOK GOOD.

However, men must also be funny, charming, rich . . .
    Tell me how a woman can get huge perfect breasts without surgery then. Seeing as all men have to do is work out a little (not that i like a muscular man with low bodyfat but going along with you now). A woman has nothing she can do about her breasts if theyre too small, droopy, saggy, too huge, etc. Much like men can't do much about their genitals, if it's too small, tough, you'll get ridiculed.

Field Marshal
    Seems a lot of the guys in this thread attempt to condone 'curvy' women, then only end up saying they prefer the 18-20% pictured women.

This thread was supposed to be about why women (shouldn't) feel the need to emulate size 0 models, yet it's turned into a 'I'd tap that' thread when the guys see the pictures of the models.

There's media pressure to look like these women, mostly because they're trying to invoke a social norm, which includes buying all their beauty products and gym equipment.

Whoever came up with the idea is a genius though, as people seem so desperate for acceptance, that they follow any trend they believe will achieve it for them.
    DwarfPaladinBaggers
    Ravencrest - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Tell me how a woman can get huge perfect breasts without surgery then. Seeing as all men have to do is work out a little (not that i like a muscular man with low bodyfat but going along with you now). A woman has nothing she can do about her breasts if theyre too small, droopy, saggy, too huge, etc. Much like men can't do much about their genitals, if it's too small, tough, you'll get ridiculed.
    A little??

Do you even know how many months it take to get abs and/or pecs? At least 6 months if you don't want to load up on steroids and supplements.

Well women can get their breasts augmented or reduce, sadly men can't do the same:P

Personally I like strong, yet flexible, women. An athlete or gymnast would be a proper example.

Body Fat % alone says little about muscle tone and physique. It also means little in terms of appearance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "curves"? Is it shape or bodily fat percentage? You know, it's possible to be fat and still have a flat ass if your gluteus muscles are undeveloped. I'd rather prefer a woman with trained muscles and low body fat, than someone who's curves are composed from lard. And it's hard to be "curvy" if your waist is the same as your hips.

Once again, thin != fit. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

18-20 are the only attractive ones imo, both are at a healthy weight. I wouldn't say 25 is unnatractive or unhealthy tho.

Being overweight isn't attractive, sure the media portrays a pretty skewed version of this, and exaggerates what is accepted as "skinny" and "not". If you find heavier women attractive that's all you, but don't judge someone negatively because they don't.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-04-12 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    There is probably more a woman can do with out surgery for her breasts than a man can do for his junk. And not all guys like huge breasts anyway. Most guys I know think that is possible for them to be too large.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    A little??

Do you even know how many months it take to get abs and/or pecs? At least 6 months if you don't want to load up on steroids and supplements.

Well women can get their breasts augmented or reduce, sadly men can't do the same:P
    At least, I've been going to the gym for the last 2 months (3-5 days a week) running 2 miles a day, doing back, shoulder, and torso exercises and am probably not even half way there to being "ripped". Not to mention how much you have to change your diet. Any soda or heavy fatty foods set you back quite a bit.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-04-12 at 02:03 PM.

A little??

Takes constant work and a strict diet to maintain too, unless you enjoy having one of the dreaded "skinny packs".

Men have to work so much harder than women in order to have whats considered a sexy body, most of the time women can just diet to look good. If a man did just that he would end up looking puny and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    There is probably more a woman can do with out surgery for her breasts than a man can do for his junk. And not all guys like huge breasts anyway. Most guys I know think that is possible for them to be too large.
    It's definitely possible, there's a difference between big nice boobs and big gross boobs. I would say something between B and C is what I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    At least, I've been going to the gym for the last 2 months (3-5 days a week) running 2 miles a day, doing back, shoulder, and torso exercises and am probably not even half way there to being "ripped"
    Stick in there bud. It's a long, steep hill but it's worth it at the end.

Field Marshal
    Side-note, this idea of guys having to be 'ripped' is as bad as women needing to be skinny.
    DwarfPaladinBaggers
    Ravencrest - EU

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Takes constant work and a strict diet to maintain too, unless you enjoy having one of the dreaded "skinny packs".

Men have to work so much harder than women in order to have whats considered a sexy body, most of the time women can just diet to look good. If a man did just that he would end up looking puny and weak.
    It's actually so annoying sometimes.

The usually spiel about how hard it is to have the perfect female body. I'm usually aching to some degree during the week and have to tailor my diet. But nope, being thin is much harder isn't it?>_>

Personally speaking, I know there's a lot of skinny girls out there who are stick thin who don't particularly choose to be, yet they get labelled because of it.
    I'm fond of both a curvy woman and a skinny woman, petite or busty it doesn't often matter to me (:

But then more importantly what about the image of masculinity, I think that's far worse in comparison. Blame the media eh!

Nice troll thread here. Asking what appears to be a legitimate question that will obviously cause a lot of arguments, when the actual answer to the thread is a simple one word answer that was giving in the first few posts of the thread. Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's definitely possible, there's a difference between big nice boobs and big gross boobs. I would say something between B and C is what I prefer.
    Yeah, that's what like what all my friend said, because girls just think they need these huge ones, while almost all my guy friends want like what you said.

A little??

Well ofc I don't know how much time it takes to get into omgsuperbodybuilderwtf-shape since I couldn't care less, but my point was, men can get into the perfect shape without having to spend thousands (not including people that have some medical issues etc etc ofc. yesyes). Having work done on your breats then again would cost you a crapload, something a regular girl just cannot afford without saving up for years and years (which is unlikely since there are more important things to spend your money on like studies, living, kids, w/e), or taking out a loan. Which again seems rather stupid, at least to me. Women are judged by their breasts constantly, like men are on their size down there, but the difference is that in order to judge the man he'd have to strip down first. Women either have it or they don't and it shows.

Oh oh oh, and yes there are indeed muscle-implants i believe...that men can have put in their pecks / buttocks / whatever. But like a woman would care about that. Or yes I suppose the über-superficial ones would.

The generally accepted (exceptions exist of course, we are talking bell curve here) is that the boob not be bigger than the grasp of the hands grabbing them, I myself didn't come up with this rule but the theory is that any more would be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimDesign View Post
    The generally accepted (exceptions exist of course, we are talking bell curve here) is that the boob not be bigger than the grasp of the hands grabbing them, I myself didn't come up with this rule but the theory is that any more would be a waste.
    I have dinner plate sized handsO_o