Thread: Dual wielding

Dual wielding

Could someone elaborate on dual wielding.
    I was rather surprised in to see that my dps dropped when trying to do it compared to using just 1 weapon and shield.

Deleted
    the damage you deal DWing is averaged between the two weps, whereas with a sword and shield it goes off the one wep

10+ Year Old Account
    You basically alternate your weapons when dual wielding. Attack speed is increased by 15% I think. The benefit is in the stats on the weapon as opposed to shield or 2h weapon I suppose.

your weapons have to be within 15% of the same dps for dualwielding to > just wielding the stronger of the two as a result of alternating.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    You basically alternate your weapons when dual wielding. Attack speed is increased by 15% I think.
    I sort of verified this last night. I tried replacing my 10% attack speed bonus quiver with a second crossbow, and it was a noticeable increase over the 10% bonus. If its not 15%, then its higher, but 15% sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89 View Post
    your weapons have to be within 15% of the same dps for dual wielding to > just wielding the stronger of the two as a result of alternating.
    I'm not a math wiz, but that doesn't sound 100% accurate. If, for example, you have an offhand weapon that's 16% weaker than your mainhand weapon, and you are attacking 15% more from attack speed, but you are only occasionally attacking for 16% less damage (because your damage is being alternated between mainhand and offhand), then aren't the odds with the fact that you'll probably still be doing a bit more damage from dual wielding?