Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    how about the big trash of alysrazor? you know, the shooting birds and eggpiles? if there's someway we can avoid that, i'm going for this tonight. maybe i'll even get mu prot pally cousin to clear trash for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    how about the big trash of alysrazor? you know, the shooting birds and eggpiles? if there's someway we can avoid that, i'm going for this tonight. maybe i'll even get mu prot pally cousin to clear trash for me
    Just pop all defensives, run for a big birdy and jump on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Just pop all defensives, run for a big birdy and jump on top of it.
    Doesn't seem to work so well for me ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Doesn't seem to work so well for me ;/
    yeah it doesn't work that way, you just need to kill the casters with the birds blasts, they die within 3 secs once the birds start hitting, you actually dont need to do any damage at all, its all about surviving till both eggs are dead, then you get 0 damage (if you aren't running into the fire blasts of the birds), i also managed it solo the trash on my rogue but it was quite tricky (smoke bombing first cast of the adds, cloak the second, kick/stun the 3rd) birds should be dead then. you just need to make sure that the small hatchlings that spawn from the eggs get hit from the fireblast and you don't
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

10+ Year Old Account
    I am... impressed, really. Good job there, I wasn't expecting THAT at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I just managed to kill this boss myself! Yay!! Although.... I died in the end too coz I was simply a nervous wreck and started screwing up.

Err....anyway a kill's a kill. Of course frapsed and everything, but I am not too proud of the ending of the video since I died.
    @Josefina, I am not too sure if ilvl401 can do it. I am 406ish myself and I just barely cut it. It was on 1.5mil hp when the third tornado phase hit. Pretty much if you cant down it by the end of the third tornado phase it is pretty much a wipe. But then again, I kinda wasnt specced too heavily into mastery which heavily favours this fight over haste and crit. So if you properly reforge and equip some mastery, its doable in ilvl401...maybe. Also it is crucial that you hit 25 stacks of haste buff asap, ie get all the rings. I believe I missed a few in my kill which resulted a messy ending.

All in all it took me around 4 hours of attempts to get the boss. Can't really say it was the boss I spent the most time soloing though.. (hint: Iron Council). There were bugs here and there which really hindered my progress. Eventually I ironed them all out though, well most of them. There was still 1 bug which happens occasionally and that is when I was healing through Harsh Winds, out of nowhere a Hatchling came out and started attacking me. I still couldn't figure out how that happened. It's not like I was standing too close or anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I just managed to kill this boss myself! Yay!! Although.... I died in the end too coz I was simply a nervous wreck and started screwing up.

Err....anyway a kill's a kill. Of course frapsed and everything, but I am not too proud of the ending of the video since I died.
    @Josefina, I am not too sure if ilvl401 can do it. I am 406ish myself and I just barely cut it. It was on 1.5mil hp when the third tornado phase hit. Pretty much if you cant down it by the end of the third tornado phase it is pretty much a wipe. But then again, I kinda wasnt specced too heavily into mastery which heavily favours this fight over haste and crit. So if you properly reforge and equip some mastery, its doable in ilvl401...maybe. Also it is crucial that you hit 25 stacks of haste buff asap, ie get all the rings. I believe I missed a few in my kill which resulted a messy ending.

All in all it took me around 4 hours of attempts to get the boss. Can't really say it was the boss I spent the most time soloing though.. (hint: Iron Council). There were bugs here and there which really hindered my progress. Eventually I ironed them all out though, well most of them. There was still 1 bug which happens occasionally and that is when I was healing through Harsh Winds, out of nowhere a Hatchling came out and started attacking me. I still couldn't figure out how that happened. It's not like I was standing too close or anything...
    Yea then maybe I should test after we've done some Spine when all my gear is mastery anyways ^^ And I've hopefully won some gear ;P

Brolly no chance that next week when you solo it can't make a little video of the trash part? ;P

After reading Shantal's description, I realised you can potentially get 2 haste stacks per ring if you are in it as soon as it spawns and when it ends.

I wish I knew it sooner!

However I know it'll be unrealistic to get this lucky on all the rings. It can be timed on the rings she spawns at the start of the air phase when you know its gonna be to her right. Also it can be timed on the rings spawned while she is molting since they all spawn in the same position with respect to the fiery clouds or whatever they are. If you are able to use these rings to your advantage, along with a load of mastery, ilvl 401 sounds quite possible.
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-04-14 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reforged everything to mastery so I had loads of it, so the DPS doesn't seem to be a problem however surviving tornado phase is. I can't heal that much, or I'm doing it wrong ^^

And for the trash part, just used my DK and facerolled it ;p

Fixed?

I tried to solo it 10 mins ago and every time she swooped down to cleave and drop more feathers, I got hit by firestorm, lost blazing power and fell to my painful death, the same happened with just myself and me and 2 others also. Anyone else having this problem?

Didn't watch the video, but assuming what they did, it's not anything new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-LLPqhSeE

Same tactic no doubt, solo'd by a boomkin a couple weeks ago.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Didn't watch the video, but assuming what they did, it's not anything new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-LLPqhSeE

Same tactic no doubt, solo'd by a boomkin a couple weeks ago.
    Boomkins aren't news, only priests can make news.

#Wowpriests, #Priestpile
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

all dot classes solo'd it except a warlock now?

fire mage is winning with a kill before the first burn out, combustion > all :x

Hey Miss Unify! just wanted to let you know you were my inspiration to try out this boss, soloing was alot of fun! I can't link vids but i did upload it to my youtube channel named Dailybreeze