Am I Doing This Right? (Holy)

Hello everyone, I'll be switching from my warlock to my holy pally for the remainder of DS for my group since we lost a healer, but I don't really know what I'm doing, hoping to get some tips from you guys! Hopefully someone can tell me what to do, I figured out the basics pretty fast but I feel like i'm missing some pretty obvious things.

Here's our log from zon'ozz for today

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4189&e=4555

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...resillo/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    look up icy-vein.com's guide on holy paladin. They give a much better guide than what I care to write right now.

From a quick look your judgement up time needs work, I would switch power torrent for heartsong and try to cast holy shock more.

That parse actually looks a lot better than I would expect if you're just starting to play holy.

CD useage is good, although you could probably fit in another Divine Plea or 2 for a 6 minute fight. As a general rule, I would use it any time you're below 70% mana and its off cd. Once you get more comfortable with the fights, you can time it around periods of lighter healing, but initially, just get as many out as you can. Well done making use of Hand of Sac. You have no idea how many holy paladins, or paladins in general, just don't use their Hand spells despite the fact that they can be game-changers.

As konaman said, keep Judgement up. You only need it once every minute, but its easy to forget when you're healing a damage heavy fight. If you need to, find a power aura or something to warn you if JotP falls off. Also, HS is your bread&butter heal. Try to keep it on cd as much as possible. Because of all the procs and power gains (mainly holy power and infusion of light) associated with HS, its by far your most important ability.

A good add-on that can help you with tracking Judgement is clcbpt. I have been using it since wrath and it's great. Here's a link to the curse website if you want to try it out

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/clcbpt

The reason I like it so much is that it has as visual and audio warning it gives before your judgement buff falls off
    Last edited by Gravitor; 2012-04-16 at 10:09 PM.

Deleted
    ill try the addon looks good

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I just wanted to comment on your logs a little.

As mentioned before you need to keep you Judgements of the Pure as close as you can to 100% on Zon'ozz there are many times you can use your Judgement throughout the fight. Also instead of getting the add-on clcbpt you can use something like Weak Auras or Power Auras to track things as JoP and Power torrent procs. Also I noticed you are not using your cool-downs as much as you could. Your kill was about 6 mins long and I see you used your Avenging Wrath 2 times during the fight. I understand why you used it at the times you did but you passably could have used it in the beginning and It would have been up for the times you used it.

-Drop

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 03:39 AM ----------

I just briefly looked over the logs. I could have made some mistakes so correct me if I am wrong.

-Drop

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    I would switch power torrent for heartsong
    maybe few tiers ago but not anymore....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    With the buff to spirit for paladins in this last patch heartsong is in most cases better then power torrent, but in the end its personal preferences.

Deleted
    I personally prefer Heartsong as Power Torrent will provide an 'un-reliable' Intellect increase. Of course a spirit increase is always welcomed at any point of an encounter.

However's there's no right or wrong at this stage, it's all personal preference.
    Last edited by mmoc9f4d225a42; 2012-04-23 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    At no point was PT ever the better choice over HS. On paper PT started the expansion in the top spot, however that assumed perfection from procs and in the availability/feasability of Plea. This meant that in reality, PT never measured up. With the buff to Spirit, even perfect PT falls behind HS.

The only thing PT has over HS is the glow.

Random Int procs have always been particularly stupid for us as the things we get from them (the potential to stregthen DP and the increased SP) are often frequently wasted on a random proc. On use Int could be useful, but we've not see that in awhile (iirc last seen on a trinket in ToC?) .
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-04-23 at 06:02 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Think you got the most answers in this now but i'm going to make it short

holy shock as often as possible, divine only when less castingtime proc, holy light when the amount of dmg is low or just to top of some one, and flash of light when the dmg output is high. and keep judgement up i recommend clcbpt, since it also gives a timer on your becon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adabel View Post
    Think you got the most answers in this now but i'm going to make it short

holy shock as often as possible, divine only when less castingtime proc, holy light when the amount of dmg is low or just to top of some one, and flash of light when the dmg output is high. and keep judgement up i recommend clcbpt, since it also gives a timer on your becon
    The divine light and flash of light part is wrong, divine light should be used during high damage phases unless someone is going to die during the cast time then use flash of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The divine light and flash of light part is wrong, divine light should be used during high damage phases unless someone is going to die during the cast time then use flash of light.
    The scenario where FoL is plausable is rare to the point of practical non-existance. Besides the fact that the person would need to have died within the cast time of DL, they also need to not take more damage than FoL will heal (which ain't much). So they need to simultaneously take a bunch of damage and not very much. On top of that, HS needs to be on CD or else it's a better choice all around.

Outside of gimic fights like Chimaeron, there's little need for most players to have this spell on their bars at all as they're more likely to use it wrong than use it right.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The scenario where FoL is plausable is rare to the point of practical non-existance. Besides the fact that the person would need to have died within the cast time of DL, they also need to not take more damage than FoL will heal (which ain't much). So they need to simultaneously take a bunch of damage and not very much. On top of that, HS needs to be on CD or else it's a better choice all around.

Outside of gimic fights like Chimaeron, there's little need for most players to have this spell on their bars at all as they're more likely to use it wrong than use it right.
    The only fight I consistently use FoL is on hagara HC during lightning phase on the 3 people (4 but one got beacon) doing the conducting. Outside of that it is rare that I use FoL.

Deleted
    teh instant fol can be a tank saver when you the hs crit buff, especially for movement phases. but yeah, thats the main use for fol

Do your own thing....I've been on the MASTERY bandwagon for some time now...but have being 8/8HM for over a month I've been doing a lot of testing and here is my current set up.

Rocking the 378 trinket, and when it procs I'm right about 40% mastery...100K Divine light hitting the tank and putting on a 40K bubble...YES PLEASE!

Haste build is cookie cutter. I got my inspiration from the <premonition> holy paladins that gem raw spirit....Divine Light spammers!

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Crusier/advanced