Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sorry but what the F is GFWL? It keeps getting mentioned all through this thread. Could perhaps help if somone explained it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Sorry but what the F is GFWL? It keeps getting mentioned all through this thread. Could perhaps help if somone explained it
    Games for Windows Live.

Generally clunky and buggy piece of DRM in my experience, it's a pain in the arse to use, setting it up costs more time than installing and downloading the entire game, and even then every time you start the game and wish to play online, it can just take a dump on you and for some reason refuse to sign in to your online account with them...

In my experience at least. And I haven't heard anything positive about GFWL from anyone yet, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Games for Windows Live.

Generally clunky and buggy piece of DRM in my experience, it's a pain in the arse to use, setting it up costs more time than installing and downloading the entire game, and even then every time you start the game and wish to play online, it can just take a dump on you and for some reason refuse to sign in to your online account with them...

In my experience at least. And I haven't heard anything positive about GFWL from anyone yet, ever.
    What would "something positive" be..?
    GFWL cured my cancer?
    Not had issues with it myself, so not really bothered.

Deleted
    Da fuq is GFWL? o.O

Edit: Nvm.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Games for Windows Live.

Ah okay I guess it's that system used for Batman Arkham asylum then. Since I actually pirated it and just made an offline account I haven't had any real issues with it but I understand It can be a hassle for legit players.

I personally have only had one problem with GFWL, refusing to launch Halo 2. Otherwise it's been smooth running all the way.

I'm so psyched for this. I already have the game on PS3, but it would be so much prettier and fun to play on my PC. I don't care about GFWL at all (had to use it to play Arkham Asylum and after I initially set it up, I never had problems with it), and the new bosses are really exciting. Definitely going to play this game. I'm fairly confident that they'll do a good job. They took the effort to add in new content, so I'm hopeful that they took the effort to make a good port as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood View Post
    Weird controls vs (hopefully) no fps issues. I have it on 360 almost abandoned (a SD TV makes it almost impossible to read the texts and i find that annoying as hell, happened with dead rising as well)
    can't you just plug your xbox into whatever you're reading this on?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted to play this game when it first came but me not having PS3 prevented me from doing so and if the controls aren't that great with mouse I will probably play with a game pad.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I really wanted to play this game when it first came but me not having PS3 prevented me from doing so and if the controls aren't that great with mouse I will probably play with a game pad.
    I think a lot of people will probably play with a gamepad over mouse and keyboard, but for me it depends on how the mouse and keyboard controls are handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    I think a lot of people will probably play with a gamepad over mouse and keyboard, but for me it depends on how the mouse and keyboard controls are handled.
    Yeah, I prefer to play with mouse and keyboard but if the game turns out to be less enjoyable because of bad controls porting, I'll just play with the game pad. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    It requires GFWL.. so no, not really anymore.

Please tell me that is a lie.... I was willing to buy it but I hate GFWL ><

Where does it say it needs GFWL? anyone got something?
    Last edited by Riathy; 2012-04-12 at 02:28 PM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Please tell me that is a lie.... I was willing to buy it but I hate GFWL ><

Where does it say it needs GFWL? anyone got something?
    The official announcement I think. It's on pretty much every gaming site at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The official announcement I think. It's on pretty much every gaming site at least.
    Yeah I cant find any official announcement atm. I did found this on another site.... but yeah.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...hots-revealed/
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

If they go through with getting it on gfwl, I'll first buy it, then pirate it and play the pirated version...

Don't understand the hatred for GFWL. This is a console port from the XBOX 360, so that means a lot of the necessary programming is going to be significantly easier for developers so they can focus on important things, like making sure controls work perfectly.

I'm somewhat hopeful, it could be a good port or it could go wrong.

Reminds me of Arkham City. Lost my save thanks to GFWL...

I usually stay away from GFWL games... why do i need to create an account and login to a network to play a game i already bought in a store or digitally... makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    I usually stay away from GFWL games... why do i need to create an account and login to a network to play a game i already bought in a store or digitally... makes no sense to me.
    Steam is essentially the same TBH. Though at least their track record is better.