Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter or druid for a farming toon come MoP

The title says it all.

I am trying to get ready for MoP an I am figuring if there is going to be a huge inflation in the price of mats (which there will be.) I will need to farm for them myself.

I am going mining/herbalism.

Which of these two classes would be best?

Night elf druid > All
    ^^
    Shadowmeld flightform
    Herb in flightform =profit

Druid, far and away. Especially if you're a tauren with the increased herbing speed (they still have that, right, or am I dating myself?). Being able to drop aggro and Flight Form with Shadowmeld as a NE is nice, too.

Gather on the side while leveling to 90, then once you hit 90, Flight Form makes node gathering faster than any other class, especially since herbing doesn't even drop you out of form.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMix View Post
    Night elf druid > All
    ^^
    Shadowmeld flightform
    Herb in flightform =profit
    Umm Tauren > NE but if you're ally what can you do

Druid. Flight form is OP for gathering, they are the one and only class anyone should be using for any kind of serious gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Umm Tauren > NE but if you're ally what can you do
    Well yeah true i guess due to racial, but if he plays allly.

If you are Horde i would go tauren druid, for flight form herbing, with speed bonus to picking herbs is very nice. Far as herbing goes, you simply can not do any better.

Far as mining, still druid, though it really doesnt matter which race you pick horde or alli side. You will get taken out of flight form to gather, but the instant cast back to flight form is always better then waiting for your mount to cast.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hunter? What does a hunter do that would be beneficial over, say, a warrior, rogue, mage, priest, shaman, pally?

Druid. There is no substitute. The ability to herb/mine while in flight form, and the fact that flight form is instant cast. Take a look at the botters in Uluar: most of them are druids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Why hunter? What does a hunter do that would be beneficial over, say, a warrior, rogue, mage, priest, shaman, pally?
    Maybe they're the only classes he has at 85? Idk why hunter... if anything, were I to ask this question, it'd be "druid or pally?" because of Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslayer View Post
    The title says it all.

I am trying to get ready for MoP an I am figuring if there is going to be a huge inflation in the price of mats (which there will be.) I will need to farm for them myself.

I am going mining/herbalism.

Which of these two classes would be best?
    Druid and 100% Night Elf. Root/Clone nearby npc -> gather ->shadowmelt -> flight form away.

Deleted
    Druid without a shadow of a doubt.

Deleted
    Druid, nothing else.

Druid > Paladin > Rogue
    Druid obviously can farm in Flight Form
    Paladin has crusader aura and in general can take a hit
    Rogue can vanish, sprint (when nodes are close) and pickpocket
    When MoP comes and you are on a crowded server farming might not be that smart.
    You could consider going dual crafting that are supporting eachother and make money with that

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes down to having a farming characters, druids are all the way. Flightform is just over powered for herbs, especially if it's a Tauren.

Deleted
    instant flightform > all
    hands down

I think pally is closer to druids than most people here mention. Usually ore > herbs over the long haul, and from a mining only perspective farming in flight form is negated. And if you have any sort of serious node competition, you will spend more time flying looking for nodes, than mounting after you farm a node. Crusader aura may prove more valuable than instant flight form in these circumstances. But yeah, if nodes are just sitting there on the mini map waiting to be farmed every 20 yards, instant flight form is better.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your playing alliance I would go Worgen druid for the instant flight form and the speed on skinning and not having a knife to take up a bag space is a nice small feature as well.

Deleted
    Do you think it makes much of a difference being able to herb in flight form and also cast flight form as an instant? I have my pally as a farmer but I'm thinking of switching to my druid.

Deleted
    Druid with 310% flying and high enough level guild almost hits a paladin's speed and you can do things in Flight Form. The best.

Druid, but they will have to be level 90 to fly around.