Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    IDK, not being able to tell the difference between fascism and liberalism kinda makes my point.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Appeal to authority fallacy
    Noooope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultahn View Post
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd this is where my post about teaching things to people that is factually in error being dangerous comes into play.
    No abortion done legally has killed anybody. At the early stages of development they are not classed as an individual human nor have awareness. I'll trust the people who have done decades of research into it than someone who thinks it's murder without the proper qualifications to make such a distinction.
    Appeal to authority fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Strictly speaking, actually practicing abstinence is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy and spread of STD's

But thats the catch, isn't it? People will only practice abstinence if there is a good reason do so! Simply put, while chastity is a valued trait in a prospective wife (don't give me bullshit, you'd rather have a wife that doesn't fondly reminisce about other men), the median age at marriage is over 25. When young women (16) look at their slighty older peers (18-20), they don't see them husband hunting. They see them hooking up, having fun!

Its one thing to expect abstinence from puberty until marriage at 18-20. Its another thing to expect abstinence until marriage at 25.

And historically, menarche for girls was usually at 15-16. Nowadays, its closer to 12-13.

2-4 years of abstinence when everyone else is doing it? Not so hard.

12-15 years of abstinence, when almost no one else is doing it? Fucking impossible.
    Just because religion works as a way of "promoting" abstinence, it is not a good tool when you look at beyond that one thing.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Those who survive his wake know him only as Wells.
    Awesome Wells? The guy who wrote 1984?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh so you liked my book.

That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Just because religion works as a way of "promoting" abstinence, it is not a good tool when you look at beyond that one thing.
    He isn't claiming it is. He is claiming that the 'abstinence only' worked when girls were getting married at 13 and no one was sexually liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    But abstinence only education isn't.

I'd actually rather have a wife who knows what she's doing in bed thanks.
    "Don't give me bullshit". Sex aint hard. It takes one weekend for the enthusiastic student to get good at sex.

So, do you want a woman that is good at sex and thinks fondly of the time she had sex with the football captain, or do you want a woman who is good at sex and thinks fondly of the time she had sex with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    You're typing this from an iphone, aren't you?

Silly autocorrect XD

So, do you want a woman that is good at sex and thinks fondly of the time she had sex with the football captain, or do you want a woman who is good at sex and thinks fondly of the time she had sex with you.
    I think the trick here is to just be better than the football captain.

"Don't give me bullshit". Sex aint hard. It takes one weekend for the enthusiastic student to get good at sex.

You have a lot of psychological issues if you honestly are worried that you aren't as good as your current partners previous lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You have a lot of psychological issues if you honestly are worried that you aren't as good as your current partners previous lovers.
    And really if you can't outperform your girl's highschool boyfriend then the poor girl deserves to think about whoever else she wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the trick here is to just be better than the football captain.
    I was going to make a joke about my highschool's football captain and how being better would not have been hard, but it probably would have come across as racist. I can't afford any more infractions right now :/

You can probably fill in the blanks though.

Virginity and chastity aren't valued in the west anymore. You'd have an easier time finding a needle in a haystack than a woman who's a virgin at 18.

If for some silly reason some monster from mythology came from the sea and kept destroying cities, and could only be placated by a virgin maiden, them white folk would be screwed.

Virginity and chastity aren't valued in the west anymore. You'd have an easier time finding a needle in a haystack than a woman who's a virgin at 18.
    Yeah its pretty awesome.

Yeah its pretty awesome.
    Maybe for unscrupulous young men, but the West is the last place to be raising a family, especially if you have daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I don't recall bringing up religion. I just wanted to correct a misconception about abstinence being ineffective. It is effective, and it has benefits, but its simply impossible to carry out in the current culture.

Its no different with condoms being 98% effective when used properly. In reality, they are much less effective, because they are not used properly! (double bagging, not putting them on properly, using old ones, using ones that were kept in your wallet, not taking them off properly, etc).

Ok now I'm curious where you're from.

And if your women aren't enjoying the sexual liberation you're doing it wrong.

Maybe for unscrupulous young men, but the West is the last place to be raising a family, especially if you have daughters.
    So we move on from nation bashing to culture bashing.

I like your style. You have the swagger. I would like to put you on the Jersey Shore! show as a cast member for a season. Wouldn't that be fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it's not so bad if your kid is smart. I'm just hoping that if I have a daughter she just decides she likes girls. It'd be so much less to worry about.

If for some silly reason some monster from mythology came from the sea and kept destroying cities, and could only be placated by a virgin maiden, them white folk would be screwed.
    No sex before marriage i agree... NOT

Nowdays kids are developing much faster that 30 years ago. All informations are on the internet unlike 30 years ago.