Thread: good pvp healer

good pvp healer

the title says it all i want to lvl good pvp healer and iam wondering between Rdruid Hpally Dispriest

Deleted
    Not a restodruid atm at least. Then the choice from those is between hpally and a dpriest, which is basically defensive healer vs. offensive healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Not a restodruid atm at least. Then the choice from those is between hpally and a dpriest, which is basically defensive healer vs. offensive healer.
    It would more or less depend on what comp he's going to run in arena, Dpriests are more popular tho.

anyway,
    For random bg's I would go with the Hpala, mainly because having very strong cooldowns(both defensive and ones that increase healing) is simply better due the fact that you don't need to rely as much on your teamates.

Deleted
    Discpriest would be the overall best choice, hpala works for some arena comps and restodruid is completly terrible if you dont mind being carried all the way.

Restoshaman is your best choice for easiest and best healer ofcourse

Overall I'd recommend Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman (Do you already have a Shaman? Or did you just forget about them?). Both are way more fun in BGs. Holy Paladins are really good due to the fact you very rarely have to rely on peels from anybody as you can freedom / bubble / bop / hoj / interrupt and you're wearing plate armor anyway.

For Arena, it depends on what comp you're running. Shamans are amazing right now, Holy Paladins have good burst healing and CDs, Priests are good offensive healers with offensive dispels, psycic scream, mindcontrol, massdispel etc.

It'd be easier if you gave us an example of what you'd want to be doing with your time rather than just asking which one is best.

well ur right mm i want to do bg for gear then focus on arena's and if i get in good pvp guild some rbgs and for the comp iam not realy sure since i quit for quite time idk whats the best one right now

Quote Originally Posted by Slahaldin View Post
    well ur right mm i want to do bg for gear then focus on arena's and if i get in good pvp guild some rbgs and for the comp iam not realy sure since i quit for quite time idk whats the best one right now
    Good Shaman comps [best to worst]:
    Rogue/Lock/Shaman (RLS)
    Rogue/Priest/Shaman (RPS)
    Spriest/Lock/Shaman (Shadowcleave)
    Boomkin/Lock/Shaman (LSD2.0)
    Mage/Lock/Shaman (MLS)
    Feral/Lock/Shaman (FLS)
    Warrior/Lock/Shaman (WLS)
    Feral/Warrior/Shaman (KFC)
    Mage/Priest/Shaman (Shatterplay)

Good Priest comps [best to worst]:
    Rogue/Mage/Priest (RMP)
    Feral/Hunter/Priest (Junglecleave)
    Ret/Death Knight/Priest
    Rogue/Hunter/Priest (Thugcleave)
    Boomkin/Firemage/Priest (Spicychicken cleave)

Good Paladin comps [best to worst]:
    Hunter/Death Knight/Paladin (PHD)
    Rogue/Mage/Paladin (RMPally)
    Feral/Death Knight/Paladin (Ebolacleave)
    Feral/Warrior/Paladin (Bleedcleave)
    Warrior/Death Knight/Paladin (TSG)

That's pretty much a list of the most popular comps atm, i've probably missed a few.

Like I said before, Paladin and Shaman are the most fun in BGs. Paladin is probably the easiest of all 4 healers. Shaman is probably the best all-round healer though, it's only real downfall is that it's not -amazing- in 5s.

Edit: By saying 'best to worst', I'm in no way implying Spicychicken cleave / shatterplay etc are bad, they are still amazing, I was just stating the top tier comps.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-04-12 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Boomkin/Firemage/Priest (Spicychicken cleave)
    The names these people come up with these days lol..

thanks u realy helped me alot iam going for pally shaman is not my thing , thanks again

thanks u realy helped me alot iam going for pally shaman is not my thing , thanks again
    No worries, good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc Priest. If you do everything correctly, you will have no mana issues and will be a threat to the enemy healer.

Paladin if you haven't been playing in a while. Easiest to get a grasp on, and probably a stronger RBG healer.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

the title says it all i want to lvl good pvp healer and iam wondering between Rdruid Hpally Dispriest
    this is ridiculous. You've listed all the classes except for the best PvP healer which is a shaman. Rdruid is the worst hpally is ok and disc is ok. Rsham just shits all over everyone.
    this game sucks

naw rdruid
    id go hpally they are a good starting healer. really fun in BGs
    disc is more viable in arena i'd say but hpally has its comps

Deleted
    Don't choose rdruid right now; try hpaladin, but it's also funny disci priest

RShaman is best overall PvP healer currently (best in Arena & RBG probably too).

DPriest is comp-dependent but in the right comp they're strong (in Arena). In RBGs you're there mostly for shielding, dispelling and manaburning.

HPaladin has few strong comps but they exist, and they're strong there. Similar to DPriest. Both have their niches, so to speak. HPala is godlike in (R)BGs.

RDruid is worst overall PvP healer currently, but if you really like the spec and can't think of playing anything else then go ahead, there are still (a few) godly resto druids around in Arena. It just takes more effort than with the other healers, but nothing is impossible.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-04-14 at 02:51 PM.

Rshamans are pathetically easy nowadays. You can literally tank several dps while keeping yourself and your entire team up with no troubles.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Rshamans are pathetically easy nowadays. You can literally tank several dps while keeping yourself and your entire team up with no troubles.
    against undergeared idiots any healer can do this

-Rshaman is the best arena healer as they work best with locks
    -Disc is your "best" overall, between arena and rbgs, not to mention randoms you have the most damage and mana burn if you are stuck healing idiots, you can actually do something besides heal.
    -paladin while is nearly mandatory in RBGs are very limited in top arena comps along with limited tools outside of just healing makes it very one dimensional in randoms
    -druids suffer from many over nerfed mechanics when it comes to pvp, rebirth and cyclone are the saving graces for rbgs, but arena you are literally better off with any other healer assuming equal player ability.

Curious as well I've normally played DPS classes and I'm thinking of healing for MoP

A good player makes a good healer, likewise a bad player makes a bad healer. Pick what looks fun to you and learn everything you can about it.

Priest 4 Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.