Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Don't hate on TCNs, I'm quite guilty of trolling my base with them on Crossfire. >:]

    And damn 33, I rarely ever see people above 30. Does the matchmaking separate you into a different bracket (like the <6 folks) or are there just that few people that high rank? I'm only rank 18 at the moment. Had a "Holdfast Lord" (rank 39, had to look it up) in my game the other day... he shat on all of us. I remember seeing the symbol on the scoreboard and just thinking wtf is that...
    Crossfire is the main map that I have to switch to Raider on. On the others it is ok because things are spread out, but when you have turrets covering every inch of the ship it gets real old real quick. In those cases I just switch to Raider w/ Scrambler pack and make 5 quick caps to move on to the next map.

    There are a lot of people in the mid 30s and 40s. AnarachyAO was the first one to hit lvl 50 a few months ago, and you'd better hope you don't have to face him unless he is in a trolling mood. Ever since they added stat tracking I just haven't enjoyed things as much. I'm a bit OCD, so I like having a nice W/L ratio. As it is right now I'm at 191/34.

    I haven't gotten a chance to play Raindance yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

  2. #22
    it's not as good as CPMA was but it's a decent game non the less

  3. #23
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Didn't get to level 10 in time.

    Haven't played since the release patch yet, but I will! (once my beta download is done, can't do much other than posting on forums for now )
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  4. #24
    Hi rez tweeted today that they have a huge demand for the game at the moment, and people may have trouble creating accounts ... kinda surprised TBH, haven't been paying much attetion, (+ ad blockers) has there been a lot of advertising for the game?

    Also, got a free Soldier Spinfusor from a giveaway on Massively.

    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I haven't gotten a chance to play Raindance yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    It's not the original (of course, though the trollololols on the Hi rez forums thought it would be) but it's fun and is a pretty damn good representation of the T1 one. I logged in yesterday because I wanted to try it so badly, got Drydock and went "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU! ah well I'll play through a whole rotation."

    Haven't had a chance to try C&H yet, that's on the to-do list today.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-13 at 04:06 PM.

  5. #25
    Not sure if people have mentioned this yet, but if you sign up for the game using a Refer a Friend link, you get free XP at level 6. The person who's link you use also gets XP. (You buy classes, guns, perks, with XP)

    If you don't have a friend that plays you can use mine, but like I said, if you've got a friend who already plays go give them some free XP :P

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    I don’t usually get myself to play a FPS, but when I do
    They are usually very good.

    But I’m not in the mood.

  7. #27
    If only this game didn't have those awful microtransactions/expgrind. I hate having to unlock variety/pure bonuses at such a slow pace.

  8. #28
    Eh... I'm not really a fan of Raindance. I like that it has massive hills and there isn't a noob trench that people follow. I also like that the hills greatly reward knowing how to ski. I do not like the flag stand and the fact that there is only 1 direction you can go, and how grabbing the flag on anything other than a pathfinder is a ridiculous strain on your energy. It's a really really really slow map to play in Pub games provided that 1 doombringer sets up shop on the stand.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Eh... I'm not really a fan of Raindance. I like that it has massive hills and there isn't a noob trench that people follow. I also like that the hills greatly reward knowing how to ski. I do not like the flag stand and the fact that there is only 1 direction you can go, and how grabbing the flag on anything other than a pathfinder is a ridiculous strain on your energy. It's a really really really slow map to play in Pub games provided that 1 doombringer sets up shop on the stand.
    But the nostalgia, it's so delicious. I was flying around with my shiny new 'fusor MAing people the whole match, didn't mind that it was a huge stalemate (most of the T1 games seemed to end like that anyway...)

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    But the nostalgia, it's so delicious. I was flying around with my shiny new 'fusor MAing people the whole match, didn't mind that it was a huge stalemate (most of the T1 games seemed to end like that anyway...)
    Heh I tend to find as a newbie the only thing I can do is cap the flag. I for damn sure cant hit anything that flies with my disc-weapon.

  11. #31
    High Overlord Zazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind you! *Prowl*
    Posts
    115
    I find this game very good. Used to play Halo: Combat Evolved and UT2004 before this. The first modern shooter game I really seem to like. Currently sitting at rank 25 mostly playing CTF as PTH / INF / TCN (Pilot/Wheel Deal) / JUG (to destroy all the turret spammers).

    I think the free-to-play model is pretty well balanced. Just spend your early xp to fully unlock 1 class (at least belt, primary weapon and armor) and then you are pretty much at level of the higher ranked people. Obviously you'll need to learn to shoot the weapons, that's more likely to be an issue when facing higher ranked people rather than the class upgrades. Ofc some weapons are a bit more powerful than one another but they can be unlocked with xp only too if you're patient.

  12. #32
    Spinfusor Ascend.

  13. #33
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Getting a Blue Plate Special never gets old in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  14. #34
    The skillcap on these games can be frustrating though. There are some matches that literally end in 3-4 minutes because one team, over the course of the few games, decide to group together into a semi-premade. They then proceed to dominate the next few games. Not complaining as it's the nature of such competitive games, but some bracketing or team balancing would make it more competitive rather than a steamroll in some cases. Some players are so high level it's just @.@

  15. #35
    Great game, i hope it will last long.

  16. #36
    If you haven't unlocked the Soldier's spinfuser yet, and it happens to be one of the best weapons in the game, you can get a coupon code for it at http://www.fileplay.net/keys

    All you need to register is an email address. I quickly used one from http://www.guerrillamail.com/ and it worked. There is no reason not to take advantage of this.

  17. #37
    High Overlord Zazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind you! *Prowl*
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    If you haven't unlocked the Soldier's spinfuser yet, and it happens to be one of the best weapons in the game, you can get a coupon code for it at http://www.fileplay.net/keys

    All you need to register is an email address. I quickly used one from http://www.guerrillamail.com/ and it worked. There is no reason not to take advantage of this.
    Thanks for that. Worked great.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    If you haven't unlocked the Soldier's spinfuser yet, and it happens to be one of the best weapons in the game, you can get a coupon code for it at http://www.fileplay.net/keys

    All you need to register is an email address. I quickly used one from http://www.guerrillamail.com/ and it worked. There is no reason not to take advantage of this.
    Seriously? I used my free gold to unlock it

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 02:11 PM ----------

    MP3C5BEEBF35774B3

    Free code if anyone wants

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  19. #39
    I love this game so much. Actual skill in order to get kills, how novel!

  20. #40
    Brewmaster Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Getting a Blue Plate Special never gets old in this game.
    So true.

    I figured I would just leave this here in case someone new wants to come and join the awesome. Tribes Ascend free signup

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •