Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Bah, I suck as a juggernaut. Mostly been having my fun as pathfinder, I can only really hit with explosives and the occasional shotgun shell. As I found out the game is all about speed, if you lose your ski speed in the middle of a fight you are pretty much dead. Just have to adapt to the momentum.

Also, got a spinfusor airshot on some sorry sod. You can really wreck someone's day with a direct hit.
    Has Juggy been significantly changed since before they redesigned the class system? Did they do something to my precious mortar?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Has Juggy been significantly changed since before they redesigned the class system? Did they do something to my precious mortar?
    From what I have seen about TB's videos it's the same. Long range, high damage, delayed explosion device. (I think it would instakill anyone it lands a direct hit on, which is to say, almost never due to the range and delay)

The weapon he was using when he talked about the MOP beta was the MIRV launcher which is an alternate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

From what I have seen about TB's videos it's the same. Long range, high damage, delayed explosion device. (I think it would instakill anyone it lands a direct hit on, which is to say, almost never due to the range and delay)

The weapon he was using when he talked about the MOP beta was the MIRV launcher which is an alternate.
    It does 1300 damage, so it can one shot any non-heavies.

And I guess a raider with the shield pack and soldier with the pack for 100+ health. But it'll ruin everyone's day pretty much.

Also, the way it works is it has a delay, but if it hasn't reached a surface when that delay time is up, it won't explode. So it makes it really good for shelling at really long range, since they don't explode in midair like a grenade or thumper would. 1 Juggernaut can pretty much destroy the entire enemy defense, it's pretty fun. ^^
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-11 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It does 1300 damage, so it can one shot any non-heavies.

And I guess a raider with the shield pack and soldier with the pack for 100+ health. But it'll ruin everyone's day pretty much.

Also, the way it works is it has a delay, but if it hasn't reached a surface when that delay time is up, it won't explode. So it makes it really good for shelling at really long range, since they don't explode in midair like a grenade or thumper would. 1 Juggernaut can pretty much destroy the entire enemy defense, it's pretty fun. ^^
    Yeah it's fun 2 shotting turrets and the radar... but making a triple kill by shelling a flag is even better. Also murdered a flag carrier from over 100 feet with it too. I need to play with it more.

Blue plate specials are the best.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-05-11 at 11:49 PM.
    This explains a lot.

Mortars??? I'll just leave this here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever add laser targeters or anything like that to help Juggy shell base defenses from long range (especially from behind mountains or other objects that block direct line of sight)?

For that matter, did they ever make base defenses and generators actually worth focusing on?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Landing artillery strikes on EFC is a mandatory skill if you want to play Jug.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Landing artillery strikes on EFC is a mandatory skill if you want to play Jug.
    I have pulled that off ONCE.

I also saw some guy rushing the other way, dropped a mortar shell in his path, and it blew up as he passed over.
    I am really loving the mortar now. Too bad the MIRV is 100k xp.

Probably one of my best moments was when i had 200 or so health and ran in to the enemy base being chased by two guys, drop a shell in the hallway as I go around the corner and it kills them both.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad the MIRV is 100k xp.
    It's not worth it imo. MIRV is only good for clearing deployables on the flagstand. But Mortar might be used for this job as well. MIRV damage is scattered rather equally on the whole area of effect. But you won't be able to one-shot anyone, unless they're low on HP.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I´m starting to hate public play as a path/caper.... going for a 310 grab and some asshole on your team grabs doing a Llama even tho you´ve spammed the "I have the flag" button.... I almost broke my Naga mouse when it happened...... 7 TIMES IN A ROW!.....

I´m gonna play Chase after this on Pub :/.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-05-12 at 05:29 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I try to install, it goes to the "Select which game(s) to install" Global Agenda is the only game that shows up on the menu, which I already have on Steam. Anyone know why this is happening?

Just to make this clear, yes I'm downloading the correct file. I'm running as administrator, it's not blocked by any kind of firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Rule 1 of flag running: Never move in a straight line.

Rule 2 is never stand still, and rule 3 is never grab the flag for anything other than an Egrab if you're going under 300 sanics. These are what all flag runners should follow. ^^

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 05:03 PM ----------

I have pulled that off ONCE.

I also saw some guy rushing the other way, dropped a mortar shell in his path, and it blew up as he passed over.
    I am really loving the mortar now. Too bad the MIRV is 100k xp.

Probably one of my best moments was when i had 200 or so health and ran in to the enemy base being chased by two guys, drop a shell in the hallway as I go around the corner and it kills them both.
    I love doing that, just shoot a mortar shell, and they have that moment where they know they absolutely will die but have no way of preventing it. You can see the fear in their eyes.

And the MIRV isn't worth it imo. I vastly prefer the Fusion Mortar.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Man I´m starting to hate public play as a path/caper.... going for a 310 grab and some asshole on your team grabs doing a Llama even tho you´ve spammed the "I have the flag" button.... I almost broke my Naga mouse when it happened...... 7 TIMES IN A ROW!.....

I´m gonna play Chase after this on Pub :/.
    Yeah that happened on Raindance. I was going like 350, I was in a straight line for the flag stand and some idiot just flies straight into the building at like 100 mph, picking up the flag and faceplanting on the inside wall, as I was about to pick it up. I literally just rage quit that game.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    When I try to install, it goes to the "Select which game(s) to install" Global Agenda is the only game that shows up on the menu, which I already have on Steam. Anyone know why this is happening?

Just to make this clear, yes I'm downloading the correct file. I'm running as administrator, it's not blocked by any kind of firewall.
    Don't install it with Steam? I don't know how Steam works, but Tribes isn't a steam game, so it might not work that way.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-12 at 09:05 PM.

I do llama grabs just for trolling the other team.

Also I can't ever seem to break 200 sanics even as a pathfinder, fastest grab was 188
    Last game almost all of us sucked. I capped the flag as juggernaut. Twice. Going 150 sanics both times.
    And then after I capped I shot my chaser out of the air with my spinfusor.
    I still can't get enough of that video. Every time I get a lucky explosive kill that saves me I'm like "I shouldn't be alive right now..."

MOAR HIGHLIGHTS ('cause you can't ever get enough), quatra aftermath kill with a mortar shell and AP grenade in the generator room.

I saw a video of the MIRV, the damage does seem abysmal, I will stick with my mortar thank you very much.

Any idea how to get much faster than 200? I can get up to it but then... nothing.

Some asshole also shot me out of the air with missiles. Then again I was trolling him for the whole match because he was completely oblivious, just melee him and then launch with a disc.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2012-05-12 at 09:13 PM.
    This explains a lot.

The max you can get without boosting is like 200, providing you know how to ski very well.

Just throw a nitron behind you when you're around 150-200 and the blast will propel you. You sacrifice health for speed basically.

(note that the nitron drops the flag to people in its blast, which is why you should upgrade to 3 nitrons ASAP. Your nitron can also drop the flag you're holding as well, so don't boost with it if you have the flag. ;P )

I'll actually make a really short video on it if you want, it'll take like 10 minutes total. Do you want me too?

Oh, also, I once got six kills with one fusion mortar. That'll teach them to stack in the generator room. XD

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 05:23 PM ----------

Oh and the missiles. They're called Saber missile and it's a doombringer weapon. They lock onto vehicles and flying target, and are heat seeking. You can outrun them or shoot them down, or just use los to have the missile hit terrain. But you should never be in the air long enough to have one of them lock onto you, it's really bad because of snipers (a good sniper is the best defense against flag cappers)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-12 at 09:23 PM.

Yeah well I am still playing where people suck (Again, double juggernaut caps). So I haven't been shot out of the air by snipers really, I was in the air after a cap on raindance from the side.

I figured out that nitron boost drop the hard way. So I guess I just need the speedbost pack. Alrighty.
    This explains a lot.

Yeah well I am still playing where people suck (Again, double juggernaut caps). So I haven't been shot out of the air by snipers really, I was in the air after a cap on raindance from the side.

I figured out that nitron boost drop the hard way. So I guess I just need the speedbost pack. Alrighty.
    No, you don't.

The energy recharge pack is fine, and is probably better for new players and flag runners. Just practice boosting at the right time, and figure out routes you can take so you don't need to guess how long you should be jetpacking for. So many times on new maps I take a corner and there's no where for me to land. This is why you practice.

Oh, by the way you should be doing all your jetpacking in one big ascent. If you just do little ones, you wont gain any speed when falling. You gain speed really fast when falling straight down. If you hit a curved surface, you lose only a little bit of this speed. So you gain 100, then you lose 20, then on another descent you gain 50, you lose 10, and so on. You should be gaining speed faster than you lose it.

For flag capping at the low bracket, any speed works really. But get your speed into the red (which is around 150 I think?) before you go in for the flag. Every time try to go faster and faster. Unless you're in an all rank 30+ game or something, anywhere around 200 is fine for flag running.

You can outrun Shrikes at around 250-300 mph I think, so if you can go even faster go for it.

Tribes uses mph and kph (km/ph? I don't know it would be), so if your game uses km just use some conversion for these speeds.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-12 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend watching some videos from this guy if you want to learn how to grab like a pro.

327 sanic grab run

300 sanic grab run

The guy has allot of videos both for routes and Skrim/Clan matches he has recorded.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-05-12 at 11:31 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

hah, I've been trying to figure out a route for Temple Ruins going straight up into that ramp. That'll work I suppose. ^^

Any idea how to get much faster than 200? I can get up to it but then... nothing.
    Egocentric + Nitron jumping. Watch some of the Team Egocentric videos on Youtube, like this one. Skip to 2:50 for the advanced route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a list of all of Smallkiwi´s videos from Team Egocentric, for those that want to up their game in tribes (Specially Patchfinder skills.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSmall...&view=0&page=1
    -The Acts of Pilate.