Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    [Megathread] Tribes: Ascend

    I just thought I'd share this press release with you all.

    Tribes: Ascend Launches Today as Free-To-Play

    Anticipated fast-paced shooter now generally available

    ATLANTA. April 12, 2012. Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced the official release of Tribes: Ascend. The fast-paced, sci-fi multiplayer shooter has completed Beta testing and is now a live PC game available for digital download.

    Tribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter. The game features jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, team-based gameplay, and cutting-edge graphics using Unreal 3 technology. With this official release, the game is available for download directly from the developer at www.tribesascend.com

    The Tribes: Ascend release build includes 9 playable classes, 5 game-modes, and 16 unique maps.

    Recent additions include the CTF map Raindance, as well as a new game-mode called Capture and Hold. The Release build also includes a preview of the Custom Server functionality that will soon be available to players.
    Pray I find more menial tasks to accomplish or you will be hearing from me again and I assure you that my commentary on forums of public opinion will be most unkind.

  2. #2
    Great game but Horrible Customer Service. They respond to you like, once every 12 hours, or slower. I've been locked out of the game for no reason for days (since the latest patch that broke the client on my computer). They respond slowly with very vague tips that lead nowhere :\ And yes, I've spent about 70 dollars on the game.

  3. #3
    The Patient trakbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    208
    I've been playing this game for the last weeks now, and I simply love it. Finally a really good skill-based shooter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I've been locked out of the game for no reason for days (since the latest patch that broke the client on my computer).
    What do you mean with locked out? Are you banned, or do you have problem starting the game?
    Because you could just re-install it. The account still stands, and your boost/gold follows your account.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,139
    This is one of the best Fps games in recent years.... and I´m a Fps fanatic, this games simply destroys many of the shit that has come out this few years.

  5. #5
    Finally got Raindance, that's all that matters!

    Oh and if you were playing during beta you get 10k xp and a beta badge... that amount is affected by VIP/boosts, hello 30k free xp

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Finally got Raindance, that's all that matters!

    Oh and if you were playing during beta you get 10k xp and a beta badge... that amount is affected by VIP/boosts, hello 30k free xp
    I have to say that Raindance is my least favorite map in CTF, Temple Ruins is after that.
    Only 1 way into the generator room in Raindance just makes it almost impossible to get to if the other team has a tech with energy mine.

  7. #7
    The Patient trakbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    208
    Im not a big fan of Raindance either. Since I play a brute, I have big difficulties reaching high speed when attacking the opposites base, thanks to the big hill in the middle of the map. And as Torched stated above, even if I reach their base, getting in to the generator room is a almost impossibruuu task.

    Part from that though, it's absolutely a decent map.

  8. #8
    Been playing since early November, rank 33, feel free to add me. I primarily play Pathfinder Chase/LD or Raider if it turns into Technicians: Ascend.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    I've been playing this game for the last weeks now, and I simply love it. Finally a really good skill-based shooter.


    What do you mean with locked out? Are you banned, or do you have problem starting the game?
    Because you could just re-install it. The account still stands, and your boost/gold follows your account.
    Problems starting the game. The game goes to black, then crashes to desktop with an error. I've reupdated drivers, and reinstalled the game. Also did the repair/validate tool. All with no results.

    The customer service rep, after taking my log information (dxdiag etc) told me to fix my physx drivers. I was using an ati radeon. He apologized for the mistake when I called him on this, but... *sigh*. Made me really lose faith in his directions.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    Do beta testers get any reward?

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Do beta testers get any reward?
    If you reached level 10 in the beta you get a Veterans badge that gives you 10k xp, but if you have boost+VIP account you will get 30k xp from it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I have to say that Raindance is my least favorite map in CTF, Temple Ruins is after that.
    Only 1 way into the generator room in Raindance just makes it almost impossible to get to if the other team has a tech with energy mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    Im not a big fan of Raindance either. Since I play a brute, I have big difficulties reaching high speed when attacking the opposites base, thanks to the big hill in the middle of the map. And as Torched stated above, even if I reach their base, getting in to the generator room is a almost impossibruuu task.
    Needs moar nostalgia... lol

    PS: pro's will troll you for going after the gen anyway.

    PPS: you can boost yourself to like 200 sanics in Brute if you go max speed on a gravbike and jump off... seen a few people cap in Brute... hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Been playing since early November, rank 33, feel free to add me. I primarily play Pathfinder Chase/LD or Raider if it turns into Technicians: Ascend.
    Don't hate on TCNs, I'm quite guilty of trolling my base with them on Crossfire. >:]

    And damn 33, I rarely ever see people above 30. Does the matchmaking separate you into a different bracket (like the <6 folks) or are there just that few people that high rank? I'm only rank 18 at the moment. Had a "Holdfast Lord" (rank 39, had to look it up) in my game the other day... he shat on all of us. I remember seeing the symbol on the scoreboard and just thinking wtf is that...
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-12 at 06:56 PM.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    If you reached level 10 in the beta you get a Veterans badge that gives you 10k xp, but if you have boost+VIP account you will get 30k xp from it.
    Damn it, I'm level 8 xD

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  14. #14
    Their next game looks pretty. A DOTA style one called Smite
    Pray I find more menial tasks to accomplish or you will be hearing from me again and I assure you that my commentary on forums of public opinion will be most unkind.

  15. #15
    Just decompressing the files after install just now, must admit it does look pretty sweet.

    One question though. I'm not really sure if there is a microtransaction thing with TA, as I saw Booniehat say earlier, but if there is do the things you'd buy with them make a massive difference to the game? Or is it purely cosmetic?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Just decompressing the files after install just now, must admit it does look pretty sweet.

    One question though. I'm not really sure if there is a microtransaction thing with TA, as I saw Booniehat say earlier, but if there is do the things you'd buy with them make a massive difference to the game? Or is it purely cosmetic?
    You can unlock certain classes, weapons and equipment by paying for it, but you can also unlock them with masses of XP which you earn by playing. Upgrades to items are purely bought with XP, but you can also buy boosts to your XP, which greatly increase the amount you earn for a certain period of time.

    Basically, someone who spends money will get more powerful and be able to unlock new items much faster than someone that doesn't.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    You can unlock certain classes, weapons and equipment by paying for it, but you can also unlock them with masses of XP which you earn by playing. Upgrades to items are purely bought with XP, but you can also buy boosts to your XP, which greatly increase the amount you earn for a certain period of time.

    Basically, someone who spends money will get more powerful and be able to unlock new items much faster than someone that doesn't.
    That's not so bad then I suppose, I assume most people that play won't be paying for the upgrades anyway, freebies are freebies.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,139
    Just do what I did, I bought the 30$ pack to support the developer and in those 30 days boost, I got all the classes and all the most important upgrades for them all, I´m sitting at 70% done on all classes and there is no need to go any further with them.

    If you spent any real money in the store, than your account is made into a VIP account and you will have 2x Xp forever after that.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    That's not so bad then I suppose, I assume most people that play won't be paying for the upgrades anyway, freebies are freebies.
    The game is hell after about rank 7.

    Which you can achieve in about a day or two, after that they put you in with Golds and Marshals. It's terrible.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Torched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The game is hell after about rank 7.

    Which you can achieve in about a day or two, after that they put you in with Golds and Marshals. It's terrible.
    I´m rank 17 atm and I pretty much destroy anyone I go up against... there only about 2-3 gold ranks in every game, and that´s pretty rare, at least in CTF. I don´t play TDM so I´m not sure if you go against them in there, but in CTF its rare to go against a very high rank. The highest Ive played against was a rank 39 and he was nothing special.

    Ranks have nothing to say when it comes to skills, I can hold my ground against anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •