Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Implying mortar reticule isn't useful.

It really helps landing shots from stationary position, as well as correcting the angle when firing in the field.
    It isn't useful because I always eyeball the range, anyway. If I'm in target practice, sure I can stand still and hold my aim steady and adjust, but when I'm playing HO? Man, even on the novice servers I'm on, people are going to be chasing me and shooting at me and I can't just sit there if I want to be at all useful.

And because there aren't any actual numbers for range (200m, 300m, 400m, etc) next to the reticule, the hash marks are pretty much useless.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yeah, simulated projectiles is something that is meant to be turned off. It used to not have an option to turn it off, and people used a program called MagicChain to fix the latency issues. They banned those people and then built the program into the client... HiRez logic!

10+ Year Old Account
    XP unlock prices got halved.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    That´s good I guess, I already have everything you can buy for Xp in the game tho :P
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I can't wait for the shocklance, and wish they'd hurry it up already =/

I keep coming back to this game every now and then... and then I leave again thanks to extended fractal grenades :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

This game is still alive...? Was surprised to see its thread on the first page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I haven't played since they messed up the Steam installation and it started installing Global Agenda instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    This game is still alive...? Was surprised to see its thread on the first page.
    It was getting tons of updates at launch, then last year Hi-Rez pulled the plug on every other project besides Smite, and we haven't seen a single damned update in several months. Hell, Hi-Rez even let Global Agenda fall off their main site. There's no website or download link or forum for that game anymore. Probably will happen to Tribes Ascend soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It was getting tons of updates at launch, then last year Hi-Rez pulled the plug on every other project besides Smite, and we haven't seen a single damned update in several months. Hell, Hi-Rez even let Global Agenda fall off their main site. There's no website or download link or forum for that game anymore. Probably will happen to Tribes Ascend soon.
    GA was abandoned long ago and left to sit in maintenance mode, though they're apparently working on GA 2.

As for Tribes, they said it wasn't going to see any support since it wasn't making them any money. Their only moneymaker at the moment is Smite apparently, so they're pouring most of their time and resources into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    GA was abandoned long ago and left to sit in maintenance mode, though they're apparently working on GA 2.

As for Tribes, they said it wasn't going to see any support since it wasn't making them any money. Their only moneymaker at the moment is Smite apparently, so they're pouring most of their time and resources into that.
    Ah! If only those brilliant video game developers who make, oh my God: video games for a living, could come up with the marvelous idea of... let's see here... making Tribes more fun - they would get more people buying skins and stuff for it! But instead, it seems they can only make a base game, toss in a few trivial additions, toss in a ton of skins and make gear purchaseable for real money, and if not too many people buy, they throw up their arms and say "Oh well! Nobody likes our game. Let's leave this one that we could've immedietely started to improve and make more money from rot in the dust while we spend a couple more years making a new game that's bringing in no income during it's development, toss in a bunch of money grabbing maneuvers, toss it against the wall and see if it sticks! Rinse and repeat fellas!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Ah! If only those brilliant video game developers who make, oh my God: video games for a living, could come up with the marvelous idea of... let's see here... making Tribes more fun - they would get more people buying skins and stuff for it! But instead, it seems they can only make a base game, toss in a few trivial additions, toss in a ton of skins and make gear purchaseable for real money, and if not too many people buy, they throw up their arms and say "Oh well! Nobody likes our game. Let's leave this one that we could've immedietely started to improve and make more money from rot in the dust while we spend a couple more years making a new game that's bringing in no income during it's development, toss in a bunch of money grabbing maneuvers, toss it against the wall and see if it sticks! Rinse and repeat fellas!"
    Tribes was a way to niche game. They could not change it too much without pissing off the original fans, so they chose to make what I would call a worthy successor. I loved the game personally but stopped playing due to not being able to get my friends to play. They found the aiming and shit too hard and after going 0-20 their first couple of games they just quit. I loved Tribes 2, so instantly fell in love with Ascend. Too bad they scrapped it, but honestly, I don't think that kind of game can suceed as a F2P title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Tribes was a way to niche game. They could not change it too much without pissing off the original fans, so they chose to make what I would call a worthy successor. I loved the game personally but stopped playing due to not being able to get my friends to play. They found the aiming and shit too hard and after going 0-20 their first couple of games they just quit. I loved Tribes 2, so instantly fell in love with Ascend. Too bad they scrapped it, but honestly, I don't think that kind of game can suceed as a F2P title.
    it started ok, but it went through a bad period of "Mistakenly" op pay to win weapons which then got nerfed after people spent money.
    They let automatics dominate, which impacted gameplay as it penalised the fast paced, airborne nature of the combat the series was know for, and which was the big draw.
    The maps were shockingly badly designed, allowing for incredibly fast back to front caps with no oportunities for chasing from the flagstand.

Then they fucked up the matchfinder to try to force people to use the paid custom servers, which was pretty much a deathblow to the game overnight.

And then they shelved all pretense of giving a crap about it and shifted to Smite. Like they did with GA before it.

Which is why I'll never touch a Hi-Rez game again> They are fire and forget, no staying power, no long term plans, just ship it, milk it, and move on and screw the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Pretty much this. It was always a bit of a game with Tribes being geared towards a niche audience, especially in the current market of slow paced (relative to Tribes and other oldschool shooters) hitscan FPS games.

They pulled in a decent chunk of the old playerbase, but it simply wasn't enough to keep the game rolling with an active development team.

Try to bring in new blood by making it more like modern shooters, and you piss off the old blood that play the game. Keep it oldschool to please the old blood, drive away new blood. Either way you're in a shitty position.

I mean, it saw support with balance changes, new weapons and the like for a while after launch. But by their own words, it simply wasn't profitable. The only thing keeping the development team on the game was the revenue that Smite was generating. So they decided that rather than continue to pour money and time into a game that didn't have a high chance of turning around, they'd simply increase investment in both the one game keeping them afloat (Smite) and on future games. Sucks, but that's the kind of business decisions you need to make if you want to stay a business instead of an ex-business.

Major patch dropped a few days ago. Hi Rez took some of their Smite money and put a few developers back on T:A earlier this year. T:A had its issues, but I thought it was a really fun shooter regardless (I've got almost 500 hrs in since release). I'm liking the changes a lot. New maps, larger loadouts, etc.

It wasn't totally dead before the patch (3-4 full servers at prime time on East Coast). Lots of folks jumping back in to check things out.

I've downloaded the game again but haven't had time to play around with the changes though. I do like the look of what they've done with the game. Hopefully it's as fun to play as it once was!

I would try it again, if I could remember my account :/ . It wasn't on steam (it is now, right?) when it was first released and that is when I last played it.