Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Seriously why is this even being discussed it doesnt matter how you look at this It's a game how can this be offending in any way, this discussion is just going nowhere except for making me feel kinda awkward how deep people actually into this.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

    No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.
    You took the words out of my mouth.

    This change is fracking disgusting. Everyday the world turns more bland and grey.

  3. #223
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    /applause crabmousse for attempting to educate such an ignorant thread.

    And of course /applause AppleCider for spear-heading the change.
    /jeers to loop not defined for supporting a self-professed bigot, who openly supports the perpetuation of incorrect stereotypes to further a personal agenda.

    Three cheers for shameful behavior! If we don't have the courage and/or intellect to be decent, let's be the best assholes we can be!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

    No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.
    I think you missed something here. No one was being hurt by his lines, and yet a lot of people commented to tell me that they made them feel uncomfortable. I personally felt uncomfortable. It reminded me too often of weird dudes trying to chat me up at a bus stop. It reminded me of dudes on the internet who think that complimenting you means just sort of spilling whatever comes out and having to accept it as complimentary, as a woman. I don't wake up every dang day and LOOK for something to offend me. Stuff that like that finds me every moment of my day whether I want it to or not. That's what it's like being someone who is constantly marginalized. You don't have to be a self-aggrandizing victim. It's pretty easy to feel that way.

    Look at how you are talking to me. I'm looking for stuff? You say I disgust you because of a change to NPC dialogue. Sure, I have to totally go LOOKING for stuff, uh huh. Sure.

  5. #225
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    And apparently I was the one posting a wall of text earlier. Two wrongs don't make a right. Blind discrimination for "discrimination" does not make right. Get over yourself.
    These are hypocrites of the worst kind. You can bring a hose to water but can't make it drink. As a black person they are everywhere in my community. They are the ones that believe innocent white Americans pwe them money for slavery and living in bad areas. You can try to educate them on personal liberty and empathy but they do nt lissten. it's best to learn toegther and be tolerant of all. It is slower than "positive discrimination", but it's the only fair way in the long run that is guaranteed to kill off most of the inequality.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Look at how you are talking to me. I'm looking for stuff? You say I disgust you because of a change to NPC dialogue. Sure, I have to totally go LOOKING for stuff, uh huh. Sure.
    Shouldn't you be in the kitchen anyway? LOLOL

    Please don't troll.
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-04-12 at 06:55 PM.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  7. #227
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    These are hypocrites of the worst kind. You can bring a hose to water but can't make it drink. As a black person they are everywhere in my community. They are the ones that believe innocent white Americans pwe them money for slavery and living in bad areas. You can try to educate them on personal liberty and empathy but they do nt lissten. it's best to learn toegther and be tolerant of all. It is slower than "positive discrimination", but it's the only fair way in the long run that is guaranteed to kill off most of the inequality.
    Seconded. "Positive Discrimination" only promotes one thing, bitterness. It doesn't solve any problem, it only perpetuates them.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I think you missed something here. No one was being hurt by his lines, and yet a lot of people commented to tell me that they made them feel uncomfortable. I personally felt uncomfortable. It reminded me too often of weird dudes trying to chat me up at a bus stop. It reminded me of dudes on the internet who think that complimenting you means just sort of spilling whatever comes out and having to accept it as complimentary, as a woman. I don't wake up every dang day and LOOK for something to offend me. Stuff that like that finds me every moment of my day whether I want it to or not. That's what it's like being someone who is constantly marginalized. You don't have to be a self-aggrandizing victim. It's pretty easy to feel that way.

    Look at how you are talking to me. I'm looking for stuff? You say I disgust you because of a change to NPC dialogue. Sure, I have to totally go LOOKING for stuff, uh huh. Sure.
    Don't worry. Ji just wants your virginity.

  9. #229
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I think you missed something here. No one was being hurt by his lines, and yet a lot of people commented to tell me that they made them feel uncomfortable. I personally felt uncomfortable. It reminded me too often of weird dudes trying to chat me up at a bus stop. It reminded me of dudes on the internet who think that complimenting you means just sort of spilling whatever comes out and having to accept it as complimentary, as a woman. I don't wake up every dang day and LOOK for something to offend me. Stuff that like that finds me every moment of my day whether I want it to or not. That's what it's like being someone who is constantly marginalized. You don't have to be a self-aggrandizing victim. It's pretty easy to feel that way.

    Look at how you are talking to me. I'm looking for stuff? You say I disgust you because of a change to NPC dialogue. Sure, I have to totally go LOOKING for stuff, uh huh. Sure.
    I'll tell the entire male population of planet Earth to never take an interest in you, because if it makes you that uncomfortable then I have two words; Holy. Shit.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

  10. #230
    I love it when a bunch of guys get together and decide what women should feel or think about issues that only affect them. 90% of the guys here must be from arizona.
    Last edited by Eskobar; 2012-04-12 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    This is the stupidest threat I have ever seen. ONE LINE OF TEXT FROM AN NPC HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!! If this is the focus of your day, I pity you.
    This is the reaction you should have had for the person who had the issue with the dialog in the first place.

  12. #232
    Dreadlord thundercles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Next door.
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I think you missed something here. No one was being hurt by his lines, and yet a lot of people commented to tell me that they made them feel uncomfortable. I personally felt uncomfortable. It reminded me too often of weird dudes trying to chat me up at a bus stop. It reminded me of dudes on the internet who think that complimenting you means just sort of spilling whatever comes out and having to accept it as complimentary, as a woman. I don't wake up every dang day and LOOK for something to offend me. Stuff that like that finds me every moment of my day whether I want it to or not. That's what it's like being someone who is constantly marginalized. You don't have to be a self-aggrandizing victim. It's pretty easy to feel that way.

    Look at how you are talking to me. I'm looking for stuff? You say I disgust you because of a change to NPC dialogue. Sure, I have to totally go LOOKING for stuff, uh huh. Sure.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. You claim that, as a woman, you are someone who is constantly marginalized. I think you're full of crap. You're a Sandra Fluk wannabe attempting to interject yourself and create divisiveness because it benefits your personal agenda. The change to the dialogue isn't what disgusts me, it's YOU and your never ending self-righteous crusade in the name of demanding special treatment.

    Get over yourself, please.

  13. #233
    Regardless of how justified or not people feel the change was, I think all of the posters commenting that it was "disgusting" or that it makes the individuals that brought it up "terrible people" are being far, far more unreasonable at this point.

    They haven't assassinated the character's personality, they've changed one line of dialogue that some people weren't fond of. If doing that completely changes who Ji is, then it's far more telling of how the character was written in the first place.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I love it when a bunch of guys get together and decide what women should fell or think about issues that only affect them.
    The person that made the thread is a woman, I'm a woman and I think its a ridiculous change too. So ..yeah.

  15. #235
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I love it when a bunch of guys get together and decide what women should feel or think about issues that only affect them.
    It's an NPC. A single NPC who is there for about 3 hours and then is nothing more than a class trainer you talk to at level 30.

    Why is it such a big deal if one line of flavor text over half the playerbase ignores is hitting on you?

    We're not saying you have to like it, we're saying you need to get a sense of humor.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  16. #236
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,739
    Everyone should read this. It was intended for Crab but he/she refuses to acknowledge me.

    For the record, Im a minority male in more ways than one. I have no hidden agenda. I just want people to stop hating each other for things beyond their control
    http://www.aswedeingermany.de/60Misc/50Privilege.html

  17. #237
    Dreadlord Vanni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    890
    Yay for Feminism! This will surely help the cause and change the world for the better! <.<

    Seriously, I am all for equality between the sexes. But the fact that people (or a handful of people in this case) were so butthurt about two lines of dialog that they went on a holy crusade to change it is beyond ridiculous. Perspective...ya'll need to get some.

  18. #238
    So lets use the words of Dr House.

    "We are treating a patient today who I raped. You did too, because we have a penis"

    This kind of reaction to text is why 'enlightenment' as the femenist puts it, is a load of crap. Your probably the kind of person who thinks a company of 10 people all males is sexist simply overlooking the fact that maybe just maybe that no woman skilled or as skilled as those 10 men applied? but that cant be, because your a femenist and can do absolutely everything better than a man, because a Penis is a synonym for weakness.

    How about you spend your beta access to find game bugs, or to read about the fact that men are margionalised in society compared to woman alot.
    Get off your high horse and play a game.


    Shesh, I don't believe in human evolution, but Devolution has been shown in this thread.
    My youtube can be found at Gcsmith12 for those who are interested.

    Many good games are coming in 2012, Im glad to be a gamer

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Regardless of how justified or not people feel the change was, I think all of the posters commenting that it was "disgusting" or that it makes the individuals that brought it up "terrible people" are being far, far more unreasonable at this point.

    They haven't assassinated the character's personality, they've changed one line of dialogue that some people weren't fond of. If doing that completely changes who Ji is, then it's far more telling of how the character was written in the first place.
    Being disgusted with irrational censorship is ... unreasonable ?

    Let's ban or rewrite every book, show, film, song, poem, play, etc, that portrays a character who says something that any woman could possibly find offensive. Better safe than sorry, eh.

  20. #240
    Dreadlord thundercles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Next door.
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Everyone should read this. It was intended for Crab but he/she refuses to acknowledge me.

    For the record, Im a minority male in more ways than one. I have no hidden agenda. I just want people to stop hating each other for things beyond their control
    http://www.aswedeingermany.de/60Misc/50Privilege.html
    Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •