Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    not accepting replies unless people have read everything I've written in this thread.

    And what makes you assume that people haven't read your replies

    each and every one of your replies in each and every one of your topics is the same thing. Hyper radical sensitivity to non-issues, and claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a misogynist/racist/classist/hater/villain/chauvinist/ethnist/theist/etc.

    Complimenting someone on their appearance is not sexist. Ji equally compliments men on their appearance, Gail Nozzywix in Durotar heavily lays the compliments on men while calling female PCs tramps and verbally abusing them. The Grom'gol Zeppelin Goblin is HEAVILY sexual, yet nobody calls out those characters.

    Your arguements are the most hateful things possible, they all break down to people deserve special consideration and treatment because they are not part of the majority. You know what that is? By definiton, you are the misogynist by saying that complimenting males is OK but complimenting females is not you are actively working against equality.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 09:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

    This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    I take it you have a problem with Gail Nozzywix and Snurk Bucksquick as well then, where are your petitions to get their lines changed?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  2. #202
    Radical feminism wins again!

    Better stop holding doors open for women, I might get sued.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    And all racism is an equal problem. Infact, crabmousse ends up supporting racism by perpetuating the "superiority" of white males versus others. The best way to end racism nowadays is to ignore race, said someone who WASN'T a white male. What a world.
    I agree 100% and for the millionth time I am happy to admit I am prejudiced because I believe in positive discrimination as a means to an end. I really do agree that it would be amazing if we could all just ignore race and get on together. however I am being pragmatic: we won't, so there has to be another way to afford these changes. it's all well and good sitting here thinking 'oh it would be great if we didn't see colour and everyone got the same opportunity' but it doesn't do anything. if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity. I believe in equality, but I believe in getting there the dirty way. i have no qualms about admitting that so you're not insulting me by saying it.

  4. #204
    I'm not aware of every NPC in Azeroth, but thank you for bringing potentially problematic stuff to my attention - however, I'm only one lady! If stuff really bothers you (which I doubt it does, you're just doing this to sock around the idea that I'm incapable of making one good point because I don't address every single one), I'd suggest you making a stink about it too!

    I also don't play Horde a ton so...

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    And what makes you assume that people haven't read your replies

    each and every one of your replies in each and every one of your topics is the same thing. Hyper radical sensitivity to non-issues, and claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a misogynist/racist/classist/hater/villain/chauvinist/ethnist/theist/etc.
    [/COLOR]
    haven't said any of that, do you see the irony in exaggerating my attitude in a hyper radical way?

  6. #206
    Fluffy Kitten Aciaedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lagom
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I doubt there was outrage, but there was a bit of a fuss made about it. This is the first thread I saw (don't know if there were more as I don't go to the official forums much anymore):

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253904851
    Ah, thanks!

    While I'm personally indifferent about the whole thing (it doesn't rub me either way that they changed the line), I have to say that Aislinana (Applecider on here, I assume?) in the official thread made a very coherent and compelling argument. It had nothing to do with being offended as far as I can see, but with the comment looking out of place and out of character. Which I agree with. Those are my thoughts, anyway.
    PvE:er to the bone. Plays a druid. Also plays DotA and a whole bunch of other stuff. Listens to mostly everything.
    "We actually contracted out the creation of the equally-epic-yet-non-loot-dropping-non-boss mobs in Throne of Thunder to a giant snail. I think he did a pretty good job."
    - Blue Q&A

  7. #207
    Dreadlord thundercles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Next door.
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

    This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

    No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I'm not aware of every NPC in Azeroth, but thank you for bringing potentially problematic stuff to my attention - however, I'm only one lady! If stuff really bothers you (which I doubt it does, you're just doing this to sock around the idea that I'm incapable of making one good point because I don't address every single one), I'd suggest you making a stink about it too!

    I also don't play Horde a ton so...
    You're obviously trolling, so it won't matter to bring it up, but what do you say to the number of ordinary intelligent women that don't find these things "gross" and infact find it either funny or appealing when someone compliments them on their appearance? Regardless of sex. I don't even know why I'm still here, this thread has devolved so much it isn't funny.

  9. #209
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity
    So it's only harrasment if a female is being complimented on her appearance? And that you think only women get raped is offensive to the infinite degree. Our justice system has made it such that only women can get raped because the man is blown off. In the state of California if a drunk man has sex with a drunk women, regardless of who initiated, and the woman regrets it the next day she can call rape and the man will be fucked by it. If a drunk guy has sex with a sober girl she can call rape the next and the man will STILL be fucked, even though under reverse conditions the drunk person is regarded as unable to consent.
    No opportunity? Someone should let Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton, Meg Whitman, Tzipi Livni, and others that they need to leave congress/Ebay/the Knesset because they don't have the opportunity to be there.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I don't even know why I'm still here
    I hear that

    <snip>
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-04-12 at 04:54 PM.

  11. #211
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    While I don't think crabmousse actually deserves anymore attention, I can't help but agree.
    And all racism is an equal problem. Infact, crabmousse ends up supporting racism by perpetuating the "superiority" of white males versus others. The best way to end racism nowadays is to ignore race, said someone who WASN'T a white male. What a world.
    I agree. I just hope Crab takes something away from my post/link.
    Just keep pushing the message of mutual respect for individual rights, and empathy for your fellow humans. Those who assume absolute privilege are just as those who are hateful towards others for things they can't control

  12. #212
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,417
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

    No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.
    Pretty much all that needs to be said, and something I pretty much said earlier. You wanted to be offended, you found something that fitted that bill and you went off on your little crusade which had an entertaining character relegated to the rank of forgettable. I can only hope you're happy with your efforts because in having made the Pandaren starting area a whole lot more bland, I doubt many others are.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    I agree 100% and for the millionth time I am happy to admit I am prejudiced because I believe in positive discrimination as a means to an end. I really do agree that it would be amazing if we could all just ignore race and get on together. however I am being pragmatic: we won't, so there has to be another way to afford these changes. it's all well and good sitting here thinking 'oh it would be great if we didn't see colour and everyone got the same opportunity' but it doesn't do anything. if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity. I believe in equality, but I believe in getting there the dirty way. i have no qualms about admitting that so you're not insulting me by saying it.
    And apparently I was the one posting a wall of text earlier. Two wrongs don't make a right. Blind discrimination for "discrimination" does not make right. Get over yourself.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

    This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    You're confounding developers, characters, and players. Should the character Don Draper be banned from television ? Should we pretend that era of American history didn't happen ?

  15. #215
    The Patient Chin Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Caving in to PC whiners basically amounts to censorship. For shame.

  16. #216
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    haven't said any of that, do you see the irony in exaggerating my attitude in a hyper radical way?
    Oh really?

    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    nah people hate feminists because they hate women.
    And for funsies


    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Maedra
    I don't like feminists, does this mean I hate all women?
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbmousse's response
    no, you like the unenlightened ones.
    You are stating right there, that any woman who is not a feminist is "unenlightened" That is offensive
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  17. #217
    /applause crabmousse for attempting to educate such an ignorant thread.

    And of course /applause AppleCider for spear-heading the change.

  18. #218
    Looking good and being complemented about your looks is a sin nowadays, if you're a woman at least.


    If feminists want to so badly get their freak on by criticizing fantasy for sexism then they'd better point their arrows elsewhere:
    "Man is naturally free and woman is naturally slave. The female slave, in her excitement and beauty, is an embodiment of sensuality, love, and service." - John Norman. (One out of 30 of his fantasy novels, p. 260)

    Doesn't deserve as much attention as "Hey gorgeous" in a video game ofcourse.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦

  19. #219
    Dreadlord thundercles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Next door.
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    I agree 100% and for the millionth time I am happy to admit I am prejudiced because I believe in positive discrimination as a means to an end. I really do agree that it would be amazing if we could all just ignore race and get on together. however I am being pragmatic: we won't, so there has to be another way to afford these changes. it's all well and good sitting here thinking 'oh it would be great if we didn't see colour and everyone got the same opportunity' but it doesn't do anything. if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity. I believe in equality, but I believe in getting there the dirty way. i have no qualms about admitting that so you're not insulting me by saying it.
    Lol! You really can't see what kind of self-indulgent tripe you're spewing here? |

    "if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity."

    Really? Well THANK YOU for saving all women from rape and no opportunity by being here preventing us from talking about how oversensitive feminists are. Except that we're here stating that truth ANYWAYS. Well at least you're single handedly preventing rapes, right? ROFL

    According to your warped logic we should go around lynching up white men since that would be a good way to make up for the lynchings that happened to blacks 100 years ago. Laughable.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Double standards.

    Snurk Bucksquick has been flirting with our male toons for years and nobody has ever bothered with that.
    Pfft, what does anyone care about facts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •