Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    And all racism is an equal problem. Infact, crabmousse ends up supporting racism by perpetuating the "superiority" of white males versus others. The best way to end racism nowadays is to ignore race, said someone who WASN'T a white male. What a world.
    I agree 100% and for the millionth time I am happy to admit I am prejudiced because I believe in positive discrimination as a means to an end. I really do agree that it would be amazing if we could all just ignore race and get on together. however I am being pragmatic: we won't, so there has to be another way to afford these changes. it's all well and good sitting here thinking 'oh it would be great if we didn't see colour and everyone got the same opportunity' but it doesn't do anything. if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity. I believe in equality, but I believe in getting there the dirty way. i have no qualms about admitting that so you're not insulting me by saying it.

I'm not aware of every NPC in Azeroth, but thank you for bringing potentially problematic stuff to my attention - however, I'm only one lady! If stuff really bothers you (which I doubt it does, you're just doing this to sock around the idea that I'm incapable of making one good point because I don't address every single one), I'd suggest you making a stink about it too!

I also don't play Horde a ton so...

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    And what makes you assume that people haven't read your replies

each and every one of your replies in each and every one of your topics is the same thing. Hyper radical sensitivity to non-issues, and claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is a misogynist/racist/classist/hater/villain/chauvinist/ethnist/theist/etc.
    [/COLOR]
    haven't said any of that, do you see the irony in exaggerating my attitude in a hyper radical way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I doubt there was outrage, but there was a bit of a fuss made about it. This is the first thread I saw (don't know if there were more as I don't go to the official forums much anymore):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253904851
    Ah, thanks!

While I'm personally indifferent about the whole thing (it doesn't rub me either way that they changed the line), I have to say that Aislinana (Applecider on here, I assume?) in the official thread made a very coherent and compelling argument. It had nothing to do with being offended as far as I can see, but with the comment looking out of place and out of character. Which I agree with. Those are my thoughts, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.

I'm not aware of every NPC in Azeroth, but thank you for bringing potentially problematic stuff to my attention - however, I'm only one lady! If stuff really bothers you (which I doubt it does, you're just doing this to sock around the idea that I'm incapable of making one good point because I don't address every single one), I'd suggest you making a stink about it too!

I also don't play Horde a ton so...
    You're obviously trolling, so it won't matter to bring it up, but what do you say to the number of ordinary intelligent women that don't find these things "gross" and infact find it either funny or appealing when someone compliments them on their appearance? Regardless of sex. I don't even know why I'm still here, this thread has devolved so much it isn't funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity
    So it's only harrasment if a female is being complimented on her appearance? And that you think only women get raped is offensive to the infinite degree. Our justice system has made it such that only women can get raped because the man is blown off. In the state of California if a drunk man has sex with a drunk women, regardless of who initiated, and the woman regrets it the next day she can call rape and the man will be fucked by it. If a drunk guy has sex with a sober girl she can call rape the next and the man will STILL be fucked, even though under reverse conditions the drunk person is regarded as unable to consent.
    No opportunity? Someone should let Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton, Meg Whitman, Tzipi Livni, and others that they need to leave congress/Ebay/the Knesset because they don't have the opportunity to be there.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I don't even know why I'm still here
    I hear that

<snip>
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-04-12 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think crabmousse actually deserves anymore attention, I can't help but agree.
    And all racism is an equal problem. Infact, crabmousse ends up supporting racism by perpetuating the "superiority" of white males versus others. The best way to end racism nowadays is to ignore race, said someone who WASN'T a white male. What a world.
    I agree. I just hope Crab takes something away from my post/link.
    Just keep pushing the message of mutual respect for individual rights, and empathy for your fellow humans. Those who assume absolute privilege are just as those who are hateful towards others for things they can't control

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    What makes you a terrible person is how you completely and unfairly attributed your own derogatory meanings to completely innocent dialogue because you saw an opportunity to play the role of self-aggrandizing victim. The fact that people like you can force changes in speech because you personally don't like it makes ME feel gross.

No one was being hurt by Ji's lines. But you WANTED a crusade and so you invented one. Congrats, job well done. You disgust me.
    Pretty much all that needs to be said, and something I pretty much said earlier. You wanted to be offended, you found something that fitted that bill and you went off on your little crusade which had an entertaining character relegated to the rank of forgettable. I can only hope you're happy with your efforts because in having made the Pandaren starting area a whole lot more bland, I doubt many others are.

I agree 100% and for the millionth time I am happy to admit I am prejudiced because I believe in positive discrimination as a means to an end. I really do agree that it would be amazing if we could all just ignore race and get on together. however I am being pragmatic: we won't, so there has to be another way to afford these changes. it's all well and good sitting here thinking 'oh it would be great if we didn't see colour and everyone got the same opportunity' but it doesn't do anything. if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity. I believe in equality, but I believe in getting there the dirty way. i have no qualms about admitting that so you're not insulting me by saying it.
    And apparently I was the one posting a wall of text earlier. Two wrongs don't make a right. Blind discrimination for "discrimination" does not make right. Get over yourself.

I've read everything! I think you're fighting the good fight. Thank you for being so cool.

This really wasn't about me being a prude, or some feminist (although I am, deal with it), it was that it was a weird, lazy line from someone who thought it was complimentary and I wanted it changed. It did. It now reads better, the character stays mostly intact and people aren't feeling gross. I guess that makes me a terrible person.
    You're confounding developers, characters, and players. Should the character Don Draper be banned from television ? Should we pretend that era of American history didn't happen ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caving in to PC whiners basically amounts to censorship. For shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    haven't said any of that, do you see the irony in exaggerating my attitude in a hyper radical way?
    Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse
    nah people hate feminists because they hate women.
    And for funsies

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Maedra
    I don't like feminists, does this mean I hate all women?
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbmousse's response
    no, you like the unenlightened ones.
    You are stating right there, that any woman who is not a feminist is "unenlightened" That is offensive
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

/applause crabmousse for attempting to educate such an ignorant thread.

And of course /applause AppleCider for spear-heading the change.

Lol! You really can't see what kind of self-indulgent tripe you're spewing here? |

"if I hadn't been here, this thread would be a bunch of people talking about how oversensitive feminists are and how they should chill out and what does that attitude do? jack shit, we go back to an unbalanced world of harassment and rape and no opportunity."

Really? Well THANK YOU for saving all women from rape and no opportunity by being here preventing us from talking about how oversensitive feminists are. Except that we're here stating that truth ANYWAYS. Well at least you're single handedly preventing rapes, right? ROFL

According to your warped logic we should go around lynching up white men since that would be a good way to make up for the lynchings that happened to blacks 100 years ago. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Double standards.

Snurk Bucksquick has been flirting with our male toons for years and nobody has ever bothered with that.
    Pfft, what does anyone care about facts?

Deleted
    Seriously why is this even being discussed it doesnt matter how you look at this It's a game how can this be offending in any way, this discussion is just going nowhere except for making me feel kinda awkward how deep people actually into this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post

You took the words out of my mouth.

This change is fracking disgusting. Everyday the world turns more bland and grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    /applause crabmousse for attempting to educate such an ignorant thread.

And of course /applause AppleCider for spear-heading the change.
    /jeers to loop not defined for supporting a self-professed bigot, who openly supports the perpetuation of incorrect stereotypes to further a personal agenda.

Three cheers for shameful behavior! If we don't have the courage and/or intellect to be decent, let's be the best assholes we can be!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus