Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Inheritance construction kits

So...

I have this [Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit] which is bound to Legacy, so I can send it to any of my alts, and it apparently gives me a single level 14 weapon, which is again bound to Legacy, but has a class restriction, and it doesn't level as you level; it's forever level 14.

This is what people told me. Is this accurate?

If so, I see absolutely no use for these things whatsoever. Every level 14 character will already have a custom weapon, and you raise several levels from 14 in a blink of an eye, so you wouldn't even use that inheritance weapon for a long time. Not to mention being restricted by class...

I must be missing something here. Are these just pointless vanity items?

I've not used mine so I'm not sure what you get from it, since I see no point to use them if this is indeed what they are.

When i was gone to buy something with my marauder, i could only buy sith warrior lightsaber, which is even more pointless.
    When i was gone to buy smth with my Sorc, i could only buy inquisitor lightsaber????
    Whats the point -you can only buy weapon for alt which must be same class as you are??? it can only be different advanced class....

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try mailing it (the kit item) to an alt. Does the class restriction change when you do this?

Can you post a screenshot of the tooltip?

When you create the weapon it should work like any other orange socketable item, which means it will grow in power with you based on the enhancements you use on it. Is that not the case?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Try mailing it (the kit item) to an alt. Does the class restriction change when you do this?

When you create the weapon it should work like any other orange socketable item, which means it will grow in power with you based on the enhancements you use on it. Is that not the case?
    its just an epic lv 14 BOA item like Headdress of the first shaman
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh.

That's kinda weak.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

That is not the case. It ends up being just a lvl 14 epic with no mod slots.

I think it's just vanity because other than that, you should have a sick ass weapon at level 16 from planet commendations that would replace it.

The only useful things from the Legacy Vendors are orange belt and bracers imo.

yea im not loving this inheritance/birthright stuff either,

i guess when they said it is legacy bound I automaticly thought of WoW BoA stufff that lvls as you go.

but SERIOUSLY BW you make it rather a workful to keep getting these things but i dont see any real reason to waste time on this stuff

I know you guys have said this but I wanted to post the official post explaining how it works for people.

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

(source)

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well it's something at least.

Maybe they'll expand on it later, like Blizzard did with heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I know you guys have said this but I wanted to post the official post explaining how it works for people.

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hey everyone, just a clarification - when you receive your Inheritance Construction Kit, you should mail it to the character in your Legacy that you'd like to give the weapon to. The in-game mail that accompanies the Construction Kit contains instructions. The character you mail it to can then redeem the Kit on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant to receive the item! You should not redeem the Kit on your main character, as you'll receive an item for that character's class.

(source)
    well yea i get taht bout mailing it to lower toons but i mean as fast as it is to lvl before 20 that lvl 14 weap or gear will be fast replaced and then the inheritance is useless.

i am glad that they are trying to help the lobies get to endgame on alts but i feel its a bit short of what they were making it out to be

I've got two construction kits so far, one mainhand (on my BH Merc), one offhand (on my Inq Sin).

At the four vendors (Empire side, Dromund Kaas, next to the stairs leading to the "marketplace"), there are two "sets" of gear for each class, one level 14, one level 31, plus two sets of custom armor (including wrists & belts) that require a legacy level (10 & 20, if I'm not mistaken) to purchase.

True, the Inheritance mainhands are nearly useless, as you get that shiny custom weapon from completing your class stuff on your starter planet, and the offhands are useless to a couple ACs (the dual-wielding types, as they get a second custom weapon for choosing that AC), the other Inheritance Kits could be useful (well, using them for level 31 gear, at least).

I don't have a character that's level 14 anymore...

Deleted
    That's why there is more gear than the level 14 one. The inheritence weapons are mostly epics that overshadow other weapons of that level. They are there to give you an advantage for a short time period, not to have a BoA item in a slot and then forget that you'll want an upgrade for that.

It would give an edge for a short period of time and would not remove the joy of upgrading and gearing up as you level. It's not that bad, I really like the system. Even the orange moddables that you can buy from the capital planets looks pretty awesome. Go get them if you want

Deleted
    Assuming the inheritance weapons, being artifact level 14 weapons, have rating 48 stats (req level 13 artifact mods are rating 46, req level 15 artifact mods are rating 50), then they wouldn't be much better than a custom weapon with level 15 prototype mods (rating 46), and would be worse than a custom weapon with level 15 artifact mods (rating 50) or level 17 prototype mods (rating 50).

Keeping your custom items decked out with the best prototype mods is quite easy especially if you have a level 40+ main, or however high the character has to be to get those inheritance kits.

If the inheritance weapon lasted for 10 levels, or at least 5 levels, before becoming clearly obsolete, then perhaps it gave you at least a couple hours of use, but 1-3 levels? Come on. You can't in good conscience tell me they're really of any use to someone who already has a high level main with which they can buy better items.

Deleted

Inheritance/Birthright construction kits

So I logged on yesterday and had some inheritance kits in my bags, problem is the lowest alt I have left to level is 32. So I go to the vendor and he has a nice 30ish blaster, but it requires a birthright construction kit. How do I get that? is it a legacy level issue (I am 21 atm)

The Birthright construction kits are bought with Daily Commendations from the Mission Support vendor in the new Black Hole daily area on Corellia. I don't remember the exact amount, but I think it was 200-250 each depending on the kit. It's definitely a little steep at this point.

It should level while u level tbh.

Yeah, I think they dropped the ball on these. Should significantly increase the rarity or price of it, and then have it be a weapon that levels with your character. Otherwise it's just garbage.

If they made it level with you, it would cause a problem for crafters, as another item they cant make or sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Yeah, I think they dropped the ball on these. Should significantly increase the rarity or price of it, and then have it be a weapon that levels with your character. Otherwise it's just garbage.
    but what about all the people who think that blizzards BOAs that level with your character are garbage?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -