Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 Upcoming beta?

Does any1 know when GW2 first closed beta will be?, since while a go bought the game and heard that is 20-22.4.
    Id like to hear whom those who know more about it.

Deleted
    Most likely late april, bu we know no more then that. Note most likely as well, nothing is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Most likely late april, bu we know no more then that. Note most likely as well, nothing is confirmed.
    I thought they confirmed one at the end of this month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I thought they confirmed one at the end of this month?
    It has been through twitter. 20th of April is the speculative date i believe. But "The end of April" is confirmed.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Is it? Got a link for that confirmation? Last I heard they PLANNED on having the first one at the end of April, which is not the same as confirmed.
    Now, not that I would find it likely that they would not have it, there would be an outcry in that case, but without proper confirmation I would say prefer for the worst and you wont be that dissapointed

Either the 20th or 27th officially confirmed.

Speculation points to 20th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berne View Post
    Does any1 know when GW2 first closed beta will be?, since while a go bought the game and heard that is 20-22.4.
    Id like to hear whom those who know more about it.
    No exact date has been set, But we know its a weekend event and during the end of April. So I'd guess 26-27th, to give time for people to download the Client.

Deleted
    Same, heard 20th of April but nothing confirmed afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they haven't gotten over their heads with the beta. I haven't heard any info about the people that pre-purchased, but Im guessing alot did. Soo, lets hope we dont get sent into the beta as "waves". Lets hope they have enough servers and capacity for us all to join!

Quote Originally Posted by pikaKipz View Post
    I hope they haven't gotten over their heads with the beta. I haven't heard any info about the people that pre-purchased, but Im guessing alot did. Soo, lets hope we dont get sent into the beta as "waves". Lets hope they have enough servers and capacity for us all to join!
    They'll stop selling pre-purchases before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaKipz View Post
    Soo, lets hope we dont get sent into the beta as "waves". Lets hope they have enough servers and capacity for us all to join!
    Unlike WoW, they do not have to run their current game servers alongside their beta servers.
    This means they can use the actual game servers for the pre-purchasers.

Also, they have already guaranteed that everyone who pre-purchases will get into every BWE, multiple times.
    Specifically saying that EVERYONE who pre-purchases will get into EVERY BWE held between april 10th and release.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a sad panda... I'm busy both weekends of the 20th and 27th... ;_; I'll only get to play for a few hours. QQ.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Hopefully not the same weekend as TERA's beta. :c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Unlike WoW, they do not have to run their current game servers alongside their beta servers.
    This means they can use the actual game servers for the pre-purchasers.

Also, they have already guaranteed that everyone who pre-purchases will get into every BWE, multiple times.
    Specifically saying that EVERYONE who pre-purchases will get into EVERY BWE held between april 10th and release.
    If they have done it right the servers will be virtuel servers. This ensures scalability.
    In plain english: You take a lot of physical servers, you then build a platform connecting them all. On that platform you build virtual servers. This way you can add hardware or software after need. If you want to know more go to VMwares homepage and watch the videos

Stop breaking NDA's guys. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Stop breaking NDA's guys. Seriously.
    Why was my post deleted? I didn't break any NDA. All I said was beta was next weekend. It's not hard to come to that conclusion after reading the GW2 Twitter page where they themselves said they were stress testing the servers.

I've been wondering something. When the game releases, will we just have to download a patch on top of the beta client, or is it an entirely different download?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I've been wondering something. When the game releases, will we just have to download a patch on top of the beta client, or is it an entirely different download?
    Don't think anyone but ArenaNet knows this answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Don't think anyone but ArenaNet knows this answer.
    How does it work in wow though for instance? I never bothered with betas.

Quote Originally Posted by amaducias View Post
    it has been said that you will require a new client on twitter
    That was for the old beta client and the beta client that will be used in the next BWE, that's not the same question he asked.