Poll: Chug or Sip?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool Do you chug or sip your shake?

So, do you chug or sip your protein/diet shake? I used to chug it, but now i feel like im about to vomit it back up so i sip now hah.

just stop buying them, your body ends up with about 3% more energy from whey protein isolate shakes, non-isolate your body actually uses more energy than it gets from the shake

most of that crap, especially from places like GNC, are just modern snake-oil

very few of them actually benefit you at all, for the money, none of them are worth it. a healthy mental state is the best thing other than steroids. the people who see benefits from THERMONUCLEARFATBURNERXTREME want to see benefits, it's the old "butt dyno" where your new exhaust make you think your car feels faster but in reality, nothing has changed

when i used them i drank them like a drink

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    just stop buying them, your body ends up with about 3% more energy from whey protein isolate shakes, non-isolate your body actually uses more energy than it gets from the shake

very few of them actually benefit you at all, for the money, none of them are worth it. a healthy mental state is the best thing other than steroids. the people who see benefits from THERMONUCLEARFATBURNERXTREME want to see benefits, it's the old "butt dyno" where your new exhaust make you think your car feels faster but in reality, nothing has changed

How is protein snake oil?

To answer OP, sip when I have time, chug when I'm late for something.

Chug, because I buy cheap unflavored protein and mix it with maltodextrin 1:2, it's not really tasty, so the faster I drink it - the better.

Deleted
    I have never tasted a protein shake i enjoyed the taste of, and i have tried a lot of different brands and flavours. For this reason I chug it down as fast as possible.

Chug. For as long as I've been drinking them I'm starting to hate the taste so I get it over with as fast as possible.

@rich1471 When I had the money to spare I was buying ON Platinum Hydrobuilder Vanilla Bean flavor and mixed it with milk and it tasted absolutely fantastic. But, last time I checked it was about $60 for 40 servings, so it's not exactly cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Chug. For as long as I've been drinking them I'm starting to hate the taste so I get it over with as fast as possible.

@rich1471 When I had the money to spare I was buying ON Platinum Hydrobuilder Vanilla Bean flavor and mixed it with milk and it tasted absolutely fantastic. But, last time I checked it was about $60 for 40 servings, so it's not exactly cheap.
    I may have to look into that, thanks. Although i do take my Protein with water rather than milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unflavored with Maltodex. It's um... not the most appetizing thing in the world. Chug and don't talk about it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I may have to look into that, thanks. Although i do take my Protein with water rather than milk.
    I generally take mine with water too but for the Hydrobuilder I used milk. I tried it with water once, it was awful lol.

Deleted
    Have to chuck as after a week the taste starts to get unbearable. have tried unflavoured but it still seems to taste of something.

Down it as quickly as possible and try not to taste it at all :<

Chug it, my shake is only like 10 ounces of liquid so it's easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

Well you've clearly no idea what's in a protein shake. They're perfectly healthy for you, much better than eating enough protein laden food to get the same amounts. Most high quality protein powders also contain essential nutrients as well and contain no fat and little calories.

OT: I just down it in one or two. I can take it with milk and it's nice tasting but otherwise, it's down in one. The ones I have now are pretty good though, but very expensive:/ Around $60 for 30 or so servings.