Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Blizzard Devs Thinking About Splitting 10 & 25 Lockouts!

I was watching the video below today and thought it would be a topic to bring to MMO-C and see what the community here thought about this idea.

Essentially, they are contemplating splitting up 10 and 25 man lockouts like it was in Wrath. I think it is a great idea because it will provide more options for pugs and guilds. I am all for more things to do throughout the week. While I understand that Hardcore guilds will feel obligated to run both every week, but ultimately it is still their choice.
    I would love to see this reinstated and believe the benefits outweigh the drawbacks!, but the questions is what do you guys think?!

Mods: I looked briefly for another thread on this particular topic but didn't find one, If there is in fact another, feel free to delete this post! Thanks!

Unless they go back to 10 < 25 in gear score model this will still be a bad idea just as it has been since cata released. While progressing, we already have enough to do without spltting into some 10 mans and farming more gear. The main goal that shared lockouts accomplish is flexibility and choice. You no longer really have that choice when you can run both (if you want to gear up as fast as possible).

Currently it takes about 2.5 hours to full clear HM DS. This gives me time to run other things on my many alts. I can title, mount, acheive, and pet farm now in spare time. I also run 2-3 DS raids (we have alt runs going about 7 days a week most are 6/8+ HM in 10 man) per week. Also running old raids etc. There is plenty to do still and when i want to run 10 man DS I hop on an alt. My time is valuable to me and I enjoy spending it not running the same raid 2x+ per week if I do not want to. With 9 alts at 85 I enjoy not having to run it with them 2x/week either. In my specific situation we are required to maintain at least one alt that is 397+ item level to swap in for progression raiding group comp if needed. Shared lockouts would burn out more players than it would benefit I think.

I for one would LOVE to see a return of the seperate lockout system. It just felt so much better than the current raid lockout model, but maybe im bias and just angry because as the recruitment officer for a large portion of this xpac, despite busting my ass recruiting, i still saw my guild forced to drop from 25's to 10's -_-

Deleted
    noooo, whould be a biiig lackruster to raid with that gain, atleast for men :/

This would make me so happy. I'm maintaining two 85 geared healers at the moment so that I can run 25's with my main guild, and 10's with a friend's guild on the weekend. If I could drop to one toon to run with both groups I would be THRILLED.

No, terrible idea. I don't want to have to run the same place 2+ times a week again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fine with them remaining shared. While I can see why people would want to grind the hell out of raids they complain about as being boring a week after they are released - I am not that much of a sadistic masochist.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

If this is their way of trying to revive the 25-man scene a bit, it's probably one of the most clunky approaches that they could have taken. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be all for them having separate lockouts if they keep how each one drops the same gear. Yes it will make gearing faster which is bad and bla bla but I do not like being forced to run 25 man just to get the best gear.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Make 15 man raid and remove 10/25. No more QQ'ing about gear easier to obtain in X man raid and the diffculty is alot harder in X man raid than in X man raid.

But seriously, the seperate lockout system was nice in wrath imho, cause the bosses were a lot of fun compared to what we have seen here in FL & DS. The down part is, that you will end up getting gear much faster as you can run the same raid with the same items 2x á week, that is if they want to keep same gear on both difficulties. If they make different gear for 10 & 25 man, it will "force" 10 man raiding guilds to recruit players in order to form a 25 man raiding team.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    If this is their way of trying to revive the 25-man scene a bit, it's probably one of the most clunky approaches that they could have taken. :\
    Don't stall!
    Pull up!
    Too low!
    Flaps!

Indeed.

Deleted
    Hopefully they DONT do it - I dont want to have to raid a dungeon 2 times a week again like in wrath....

Blizzard is not thinking about it.. it's just Lore discussing about the idea.

It's his own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Hopefully they DONT do it - I dont want to have to raid a dungeon 2 times a week again like in wrath....
    You never had to. Hardcore raiders did. THere is nothing in the wrath raid system that MADE people run both 10 and 25. I welcome it and would greatly enjoy it.

Really prefered the way it was in Wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it would be cool!!

I'd get double the amount of gear I get every week so I can actually clear content even faster so I can actually stop progressing and grind dailies... wait wut?

No, seriously, bad idea.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You never had to. Hardcore raiders did. THere is nothing in the wrath raid system that MADE people run both 10 and 25. I welcome it and would greatly enjoy it.
    i don't think you remember what guilds did back then.
    do 10man for gear, do 25man for higher gear, go back to 10man steam-roll it with 25man gear get end boss gear, go back to 25man with 10man end boss gear and steam roll it.
    it also happened with cata's first tier cause certain bosses were easier on one of the settings(aka Hal'akir being cake in 10man and Hnef being cake on 25man).

I would just really like it if they didn't have a set number of people that had to go to a raid, they should just have it scale to difficulty on how many / what classes / specs are in the raid group. "12 people are online tonight" *Scales to the difficulty it would take for 12 people to do the raid. Problem solved! =D

They would need to go back to the old system where 25 man is considered heroic and 10 man is normal

but that would mean we would have LFR>10man>25mannormal>10heroic>25heroic

5 raid tiers i cant see happening

I myself would love to go back to the way lockouts used to work. I liked doing 10/25man every week, ntm it gave me something to do. I like to raid, I don't like to raid once a week! And LFR is a joke, so it doesn't even count =/