Might & Magic® Heroes VI 50% steam.

So I was wondering is it worth it to buy? I've never played a Might & Magic game before but I did play Age of Wonders long time ago and that was a pretty good game. It has a 76/100 rating on Steam so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to buy.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Deleted
    different playstyle compared to AoW really, both are turnbased, but AoW even the building was turnbased, and took time. Personally i got it already at release. Played a bit through the 1st campaign (good story imo) and for the rest its mostly multiplayer with a friend 2v computer and those things. 1 map can take over 4+ hours.

Got it at the same price a couple of months ago. Still haven't even installed it. Goddamn backlogs...

Very different from Age of Wonders.

HOMMVI is pretty darn good if it wasn't saddled with a horrid UI and all that Conflux crap. The actual gameplay is really solid and as good as the series has been since HOMM3.

It's still one of my most played games in terms of hours. Just sucks away 2-3 hours at a time. Don't even notice how you play at a certain point-- "one more turn... okay, but I am really gonna stop after this turn... hm, just one more turn till building my..."

For 30$ there is a lot of value & re-playability in the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be better off with 5, it's generally a much better game, if you're new to the genre then it's either a hit or miss / love or hate.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    HoMM VI already? Oh, you're talking about that Ubisoft game, for a moment I almost believed they made a HoMM game after the third one. Don't joke like that anymore.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    You'd be better off with 5, it's generally a much better game, if you're new to the genre then it's either a hit or miss / love or hate.
    5 is terrible if you want to play a large map with lots of computers.
    >end turn
    >brb 10 minutes (being really generous here)

Yar, I felt the gameplay of 6 was much better than 5. The trees, inventory, town menu and econ options were much better too. Again the only issues with 6 I had were conflux and poor UI.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    5 is terrible if you want to play a large map with lots of computers.
    >end turn
    >brb 10 minutes (being really generous here)
    Yeah, the AI's processing time in 5 really ruined some of the larger games for me. Which is a shame since it was a pretty solid game.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    HoMM VI already? Oh, you're talking about that Ubisoft game, for a moment I almost believed they made a HoMM game after the third one. Don't joke like that anymore.
    Looks like someone is delusioned with nostalgia here. 3 is terrible when you compare it to 5 or 6.

Better just buy HoMM V and it's expansions then, HoMM VI is horrible. The fifth installment in the genre is my favorite, most people prefer the third one though, mostly due to the nostalgia the game gives you, other than that the third one is just solid by today's standards, it was revolutionary at it's time though. The fifth one has 8 races if you have both expansions, and it's basically just an enhanced version of the rest of the series. Only bummer it has is the computer turns as people have pointed out, because of that I prefer just playing against 3 bots, and even then 1 of them usually gets defeated before I ever see them at all.

wonder how it could be rated that high... then again, there isn't much games like HoMM.
    still, while a few things in VI are good, its cons (bugs, factions balance off, conflux d/c crap that kicks you out of your game at any time) imo make it one of the most if not the most awful episode of the HoMM series and i wouldn't advise anyone to buy it even with a 50% discount.

ubi got flamed so hard for their lack of support (months and months w/o a single patch or comment on all the game bugs) on that game that i doubt they'll even make HoMMVII.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Looks like someone is delusioned with nostalgia here. 3 is terrible when you compare it to 5 or 6.
    I don't know, VI is a lot more like III in many aspects when comparing to V. My only complaint is lack of fullscreen city screen.

On a side note I always enjoyed Age of Wonders more as playing with stacks of units on very limited map was never the same as playing with units on a fairly large map..plus the ability to attack from different sides. I wish they'll make AoW3.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    3 is still the best, it aint nostalgia when I still have it installed and still play it. Played beta for HoMM6... didnt really catch me...

OP try this: HoMM3 and 4. I also have it, well worth the price!
    Last edited by Riathy; 2012-04-13 at 11:05 AM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

3 + xpacs just >>> other HoMMs indeed

Thanks everyone for the replies! Still haven't decided yet what to do but the offer is till the 16th so^^ Thanks again!
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!