Deleted

Playing ground combat SWTOR like a FPS?

Hi

Star Wars: The Old Republic is an RPG, but I want to play ground combat like a FPS, like in Battlefront.

The problems is that the hero movements are not as precise like that of a shooter.

Can this be changed?

Also the wide angle is a problem.
    Last edited by mmoc67e94c5ce3; 2012-04-12 at 10:46 PM.

I am not sure what you are asking, but you can zoom into first person mode easily. If you have a mouse wheel, just scroll it.

Deleted
    You can zoom in to first person but the game is a hot-key based MMO, not a shooter like Battlefront.

If thats the type of game you wanted then you're probably playing the wrong game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You won't find this game to move like a traditional single player RPG or that of Battlefront. Totally different game engines being utilized. Outside of zooming in for a first person view not much else you can do. Be like trying to play the game as something it really isn't.

Deleted
    I know that by zooming you get into first person mode, but it doesn't fell like a RPG.

I like the game but it really needs an RPG mode. They should combine the game engine of an RPG with a FPS.
    The game would be awesome, they can't make the Star Wars The Old Republic game play even more boring.
    Last edited by mmoc67e94c5ce3; 2012-04-12 at 10:46 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Game play is pretty generic MMO, if this is your first outing into an MMORPG then I'd suggest you check out Guild Wars 2 or Tera if you would like to see the other variant of MMORPG combat which utilizes more of an action based system seen in an FPS.

Deleted
    It is my second I also play Star Trek Online.
    Star Trek Online can be played in a RPG mode but it is no a true RPG, the movement, the aim is not there.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 10:24 PM ----------

I will try Tera, it looks good, but the game is only fiction, not Science fiction like Star Trek Online and Star Wars The Old Republic, also Tera has to much grass, to many trees, is to green
    Last edited by mmoc67e94c5ce3; 2012-04-13 at 12:20 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah then it sounds like you want one of the action based combat system MMO's like Tera, Guild Wars 2, or Raiderz. All of which use an aim feature and feel more like a standard RPG for gameplay.

Deleted
    Tbh sounds like you would enjoy Firefall when that game comes out or gets into open beta (closed beta atm) http://www.firefallthegame.com/home its a MMO FPS and it looks quite decent.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good call on Firefall Vayjir, I had actually forgotten about it when I threw a few names out. It looks like a very good game and pretty much spot on for what it sounds like you're looking for StarJonyWarrior. It is another one on my list of games to play.

Deleted
    I saw a video with Firefall the graphic isn't the best but is just a shooter and it looks easy, if I want to play an online shooter I chose Battlefield Heroes just because it is fun to play for a while.

I hoped to see more action in Star Wars The Old Republic, maybe they will do a Lego Star Wars hybrid between RPG and FPS, this a bad idea bricks flying everywhere.
    Last edited by mmoc67e94c5ce3; 2012-04-13 at 08:41 PM.

I did this sometimes while leveling my Commando for shits'n'giggles, but zooming in is all you can really do. You can't change it so that you can actually aim and all.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.