Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

is MoP destined to destroy all MMO records? 20mil+ subs?

nevermind the Pandas thing

but Pandas.. and more importantly, Pokemon

get your chuckles out of the way and even though I unsubbed as soon as Pandas were announced

I am man enough to admit that Pandas and Pokemon are a HUGE combination

seriously.. not even joking.. do you people realize the power of Pokemon?

what's a bigger franchise than Pokemon?

Disney

that's about it..

I think MoP will go down as the single greatest mmo experience in gaming history

I'm talking 15-20million subs!!

POKEMON people! and Pandas! you know China will be playing.. every billion household will probably have a sub to be a Panda

Pokemon puts it over the top

and before you think this thread is a joke.. I'm dead serious

ask yourselves.. what's bigger than Pokemon?

it's a huge franchise.. it honest to god is if you people didn't know ask any child about Pokemon and they will know.. hell, all my nieces and nephews bug me about pokemon gifts nonstop -.-

just some thoughts.. although unsubbed, I personally think MoP will be so succesful it'll blow people's minds away

I doubt it. If anything, I think it will gain back a few subs and maybe halt the sub losses for a little (if it's good), but if it's another Cataclysm we'll see the same sub drop Cata caused.

I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I doubt it. If anything, I think it will gain back a few subs and maybe halt the sub losses for a little (if it's good), but if it's another Cataclysm we'll see the same sub drop Cata caused.
    but you're thinking OVERALL game experience

there's a new game experience in itself being introduced in MoP

Pokemon aka pets-vs-pets

believe me.. I know firsthand the power of pokemon.. nevermind that all the kids want it

there's something about
    -collecting
    -battles
    -X vs Y (elements fighting each other)

i.. oh god, i admit im a sucker for it.. i have a ton of these games on my iphone and have even spent rl money on some of it for crikes sake

I am being honest when I say the single greatest thing ever introduced into any mmo is within MoP's Pokemon system

looking at it objectively, I think it's bloody brilliant..

scratch everything away from MoP.. TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY and the one undeniable fact is this: Pokemon Rules

ergo, MoP rules

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    like wow and mop but 20mill sub is extremely unlikely I don't that so many non wow playing Pokemon fans is gone start play wow just because of pet battle.

Wow will never break 12,000,000 subs again. The game will only keep losing subs till it levels out somewhere.

I seriously doubt it. It'll spike on MoP's release to about the same as Cata's peak, then it'll slide down and stabilize somewhere between Wrath and Cata's level.

no way. play pokemon to play pokemon.

I don't think it will, among the WOW players (current and ex) expansion anticipation is very low. I might try it later then it goes on sale, and then just for a few months at best.

Its not going to be something super awesome like Smokey & The Bandit Online

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    no way. play pokemon to play pokemon.
    pokemons graphics arent as good though... i think blizz will perfect pokemon by mixing good graphics with actually playing.... this is compared to pokemon whose grpahics are meh and gameplay has done nothing but sink since red, blue and yellow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    I don't think it's gimmicky.. there's honestly something about the pokemon combination that is insanely addictive

on my iphone for example there's Zodiac Monsters, Dark Summoner (all of these are variants of the Pokemon formula)

I think MoP takes Pokemon to a whole 'nother level considering you'll be able to see animated pet battles and such

there's only one thing that would ever get me to even consider MoP and that's the pokemon pet battle system

I think people don't understand what's about to happen

it's that good and it's that addicting.. if you have never EVER played a pokemon-formula game

P.B.S. will blow your mind and before long you'll be out there trying to get them all and fight them and raise them

ARGH you can just imagine me fiending with shaking hands, lol thankfully i get my fix on my iphone as the genre is almost made for casual pick-up-n-play platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    pokemons graphics arent as good though... i think blizz will perfect pokemon by mixing good graphics with actually playing.... this is compared to pokemon whose grpahics are meh and gameplay has done nothing but sink since red, blue and yellow...
    +1 internets if I could

I like your metaphor of WoW taking it to a whole nother level as that is what I envision as well but am not eloquent enough to express it

I used to play MUD's, to those who don't know think MMO but text based

EQ took it to a whole nother level, WoW set it on fire to the masses

that's pretty much my feelings right now.. MoP will set this on fire introducing the Pokemon formula to people who would never have otherwise even given a look at the genre because "it's for kids" I think you're all in for a pleasant surprise

like I said.. what's bigger than Pokemon? Throw in Blizzard to the mix and you know they'll "make it better", so to speak
    Last edited by charlieprince; 2012-04-12 at 10:48 PM.

Wrong. Right now people are testing the water with new MMO's and they always come back there will be a surge back to wow.

Spending a few hours on the beta shows the extreme level of love Blizzard has put into this expansion, I do not think it is far fetched at all if this is the biggest expansion Blizzard launches to date subscription wise. People act like only 13 million people have ever played WoW in the history of the game, and that 3 million quit. All the subscriptions Blizzard lost was in the face of how many new subscriptions they were generating, which is quite a lot.

If just 50% of the cancelled subs reactivate to simply try out mists for a few months Blizzard will get into the range of your numbers easily.

Disney isn't a franchise, it's a company. Mickey Mouse is a franchise, owned by Disney.

Uh Guild wars too had "Asian Themed setting" Plus "pokemon"

I have Yet to see it breake such nummbers, and wow wont either.

Sane guess as others, maybe, just maybe, it will spike one last time up to the 13 Million we had, but i rather guess, slow descend till it levels out somwhere arround the classic numbers

Deleted
    People wont buy a quite expensive game (if you add the previous expacs) with a suscription system just because they added a little more end game content with Pokemon-ish design and playable humanoid pandas.

Dont get me wrong. I'm totally hyped about MoP aswell, but 15-20 million? Never. At least not in MoP.

I don't think so. The changes they're making are great and all but at the most they'll jump back to 10-12m.

Deleted
    Well, I love it. And the Pokemons are a huge + for me, I loved the Pokemon games on my GameBoy

Deleted
    If people want Pokemon, they play Pokemon.

Unless they (Blizz) devote all their resources to creating and balancing the minigame, it will never be anywhere close the real thing. Dont underestimate the depth of the original game, 500+ pokemon and basically endless variation in stats and movesets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, there'll be a spike in subs at the start of MoP, I bet they'll see old number of 11 or 12 million. They will level out to current numbers eventually. I know several people who left that are playing other games, but are coming back for the pandas.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!