Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Ignore the people who say you shouldn't bother with online relationships. They're ignorant of the subject. But just for the record, it does take a great investment of time and money, and you need to be willing and able to meet each other. Fly out if you have to. You need that connection.

As for being jealous... yeah, it's understandable. It's a tough situation. You shouldn't tell her no, because then you'll be a controlling jerk, but at the same time, cheating always starts from harmless conversation. You just have to decide if she's trustworthy or not and if not, perhaps you shouldn't be with her anyway. But if she is, let it go. It depends, really. Someone you stay up late talking to is probably somebody you like, and I'd be concerned about that. Better make sure you work through stuff like that before you take a relationship to the next step, though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody is insecure to some extent, you are to a greater extent than the norm. Going to the gym might help with getting in shape, but what you really need to do is learn to control your anger.... you won't keep a GF if you cant keep control of your anger. Just get a good circle of good friends and start going out, just doing this might help, barring that you might want start seeing a professional about it if you can't do something about it on your own.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

Deleted
    Yes, it's perfectly normal.

Insecurity is only a sign of lack of experience. Once you figure out how a certain thing plays out, you'll start getting your 'swag'.

I'd say forget about the online thing and move into the real world. Meeting people online is perfectly fine and very common, but they should stay 'online' only for a very limited time. It's so much more fun to actually interact with people than staring a screen when it comes to affection. Trust me, I had a long distance thing too when I was younger('96-'99), way before it was common. I lacked the determination and guts to walk up and talk to women and I felt that the online thing was the only option for me.

And so, after asking a bunch of girls out(the first few attempts being a stuttering mess with no good results) I realized that the only answer that'd change anything at all for me was a positive one, and immediately the fear of rejection was completely gone.