Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    eat a natural well balanced diet with fresh produce.

simple as that, very rarely someone will have a genetic disorder that makes them fat/thin no matter the food eaten.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey with water, after every workout.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Just do it pure natural, looks better, feels better.
    Protein is pure natural.. protein is in food, so when working out you would eat high protein foods each day, instead of having say a steak which has a bit of fat in it you have a shake instead which is a high source of protein with next to no fat. You're confusing protein with steroids, protein is purely natural.

OT: USN Pure Protein Vanilla flavour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    Everyone should stop buying protein powders and why powders from supplement companies seriously... it's embarrassing. Just get a generic pure whey protein isolate, no sugar, no fat all protein. If you buy crap from supplement companies it's more expensive, has a tonne of sugar in them, some have fat and they all have a bunch of crap like L-arginine etc. that don't do anything other than bump the price up. Also you don't even need a protein shake, if you're taking a protein shake for the sake of it being a protein shake you should stop working out, a protein shake is just a meal, a source of protein and not a necassary thign for someone trying to build muscle but a helpful thing.
    A protein shake isn't a meal. It's a protein supplement. You're thinking of a meal replacement with added protein (EAS Myoplex for example). You take a protein shake to supplement protein in your diet when you want to increase your intake, but not add fat or other extra carbs, among many other reasons. Generic pure whey isolate makes me gag. I literally approach drinking it with the same tentativeness as I did my first ever shot of tequila. I have some, but I use it to make my own bars and such.

OT: Musclepharm Combat Powder. I like the taste of very little foods as it is and their brand tastes pretty good. It's a bit pricey though. I like that it's a mix of different types of proteins as well as the body absorbs different types at different speeds. I'll have it using water or skim milk, depending on how intense my workout was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    A protein shake isn't a meal. It's a protein supplement. You're thinking of a meal replacement with added protein (EAS Myoplex for example). You take a protein shake to supplement protein in your diet when you want to increase your intake, but not add fat or other extra carbs, among many other reasons. Generic pure whey isolate makes me gag. I literally approach drinking it with the same tentativeness as I did my first ever shot of tequila. I have some, but I use it to make my own bars and such.

OT: Musclepharm Combat Powder. I like the taste of very little foods as it is and their brand tastes pretty good. It's a bit pricey though. I like that it's a mix of different types of proteins as well as the body absorbs different types at different speeds. I'll have it using water or skim milk, depending on how intense my workout was.
    Anything that provides calories or macro nutrients is a meal. If you have a protein shake with 50 grams of protein then that's a meal, if you have a piece of chicken by itself with 50 grams of protein then that's a meal.

Deleted
    2 Eggs+ 1 glass= Drink and swallow 2 times/Day, disgusting ! But much better than any processed protein crap you buy at the store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Protein is pure natural.. protein is in food, so when working out you would eat high protein foods each day, instead of having say a steak which has a bit of fat in it you have a shake instead which is a high source of protein with next to no fat. You're confusing protein with steroids, protein is purely natural.

OT: USN Pure Protein Vanilla flavour.
    Depends on the dosis, if you take a shake, the dosis is ALOT higher than in the food.

No one can really recommend a shake for you. Different products are meant for different people, whether it be you're trying to gain weight, lose weight, or simply live a healthy life-style. Taking a high caloric product when you're trying to lose weight while maintaining muscle mass simply isn't doing yourself any favors. You have to choose the product that right for you.

In conjunction with that, keep in mind that shakes are meant for the sake of convenience. They're not going to give you an edge over a piece of chicken. I'd choose the chicken every time if it was a provided option. The body is designed to process solid food - period. That being said, if you're doing 5 meals a day, and if one of them happens to be a shake, it won't hurt you. Just keep up a high intake of water. The processing of protein foods generates metabolic waste products that must be flushed out and removed by the kidneys. Without adequate water, the kidneys can’t remove these wastes properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    2 Eggs+ 1 glass= Drink and swallow 2 times/Day, disgusting ! But much better than any processed protein crap you buy at the store.
    da fuck mind blown, gl with your salmonella goals of 2012

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    Everything kills you or make you sick these days. Be afraid of life, very afraid! But for the sake of argument...It's the shell you ought to worry about, not the egg itself.

Deleted
    Everything kills you or make you sick these days. Be afraid of life, very afraid! But for the sake of argument...It's the shell you ought to worry about, not the egg itself.
    Was about to say the same unless you eat the shell? It seems to taste very good after you mix it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Was about to say the same unless you eat the shell? It seems to taste very good after you mix it up.
    The taste isn't that bad, it's the consistency that gets you! Over to the shell. The salmonella attach to the egg shell and not the yolk and that's why you should be careful not to get any shell onto your food. Other than that it's a really slim chance to get infected.
    I don't have any deeper understanding than that unfortunately, just something my mom told me when i was a kid. And she's never wrong <3

Deleted
    I take Bodymed right now as a lunch replacement as I'm losing a few pounds of deadweight. Only 2-4kg to go.

It's not the best honestly, but I was given it all for free. About $120 worth of the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalize View Post
    In that event, my mind is blown from not having gotten salmonella considering the amount of raw cookie dough I ate as a kid/teenager. LoL. Seriously, do you not know how many professional body builders have practiced downing uncooked eggs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainX View Post
    In that event, my mind is blown from not having gotten salmonella considering the amount of raw cookie dough I ate as a kid/teenager. LoL. Seriously, do you not know how many professional body builders have practiced downing uncooked eggs?
    I think it varies depending on what country you're from - could be wrong on that though.

Hats off though on having raw eggs. Is the nutrition benefit much greater then having poached eggs?
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    Anything that provides calories or macro nutrients is a meal. If you have a protein shake with 50 grams of protein then that's a meal, if you have a piece of chicken by itself with 50 grams of protein then that's a meal.
    Cheap meal then. 77 servings for $50 is only $0.6 a meal.

Protein shakes are supplements for when you lack protein, doh. You drink them because they are easy unlike eating liters of cottage cheese or steaks/chicken. I could also eat a whole chicken but I really don't want to.
    If you use protein shakes as meals you better make sure you get enough vitamins etc. It doesn't say on the packaging that it's a supplement and you shouldn't replace your normal food intake for those shakes just for show.

Maybe someone prefers drinking raw eggs but I really don't want to drink raw eggs every day or boil a whole chicken and eat it. Also shakes are cheaper than eating chicken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanx View Post
    I think it varies depending on what country you're from - could be wrong on that though.

Hats off though on having raw eggs. Is the nutrition benefit much greater then having poached eggs?
    Nah their's no benefit to drinking it raw other than convenience and time saving. Some bodybuilders claim it's healthier and gives more nutrients, but i call BS on that tbh. Though i will stand my ground and say that it's both healthier and cheaper than any protein shakes out there

Nah their's no benefit to drinking it raw other than convenience and time saving. Some bodybuilders claim it's healthier and gives more nutrients, but i call BS on that tbh. Though i will stand my ground and say that it's both healthier and cheaper than any protein shakes out there
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...products/111/2

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html (bottom right of page for the protein shake nut info)

Maybe it's been quite a while since you've done some research into the topic, but there's definitely protein shakes that are healthier and more nutritional than raw eggs.

Do you take a multivitamin? Fish oil?
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take two servings of http://1stphorm.com/products/men/level-1 a day, one between breakfast and lunch and the other between lunch and dinner. I switch up the flavor every time I buy a new one but they all taste amazing.

On the days I take 1 scoop of http://1stphorm.com/products/men/phormula-1 with 1/2 a scoop of http://1stphorm.com/products/men/ignition before and 2:1 after lifting. They aren't cheap though. The Phormula-1 is about $50 for 32 servings and Level-1 is $40 for 30 servings. Been looking for something as good as them that's cheaper lately since I'm spending around $200 a month between those 3, multivitamins, and supplements.

If any of you have some recommendations over those then let me know. I'm always looking to find something new that works well.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...products/111/2

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html (bottom right of page for the protein shake nut info)

Maybe it's been quite a while since you've done some research into the topic, but there's definitely protein shakes that are healthier and more nutritional than raw eggs.
    I stand corrected!

Do you take a multivitamin? Fish oil?
    Blood-orange juice , an apple, occasionally an raw egg and a few Omega 3 capsules. Nothing fancy.