Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Hungry hungry hippos is the most balanced game of all time.
    Prove me wrong....
    My pink hippo is broken D=

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Tic Tac Toe

So balanced that you can never win, or lose
    middle spot gives you a good advantage tho.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    middle spot gives you a good advantage tho.
    Aye but you'll never win unless your opponent makes a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Trion? Rift pvp is just WoW pvp some classes and specs rule over others and PVE is still a primary focus for that game. The developers can try to treat them the same doesn't mean they should or will. Ya know blizzard once tried to balance things around pvp weakened PVE and people flipped out. Warhammer once tried to balance PVE around PVP same deal..... weakened pvp and caused huge QQ.
    This post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that people never read patch notes. Rift has been balancing pve and pvp skills separately since March 2011. Despite what Blizzard has led you to believe it is possible. If there is a god please ask for proof because I will be delighted to link page after page of patch notes where the notes clearly indicate this.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    These are products. The only gauge for success is profit. WoW relies on retention for profit, while Guild Wars 2 doesn't. It's not comparable. In fact, no games that rely on simple sales should be gauged against other this way. Do we talk about whether Skyrim is beating Call of Duty? No, because it's stupid.
    There is no single gauge of success. Believing so is a very narrow minded approach. It varies from person to person. Some think Profit. Some think Fame. Some think Family. Etc, Etc.

Anet wants to retain players just as much as any other company. They may not rely on it for profit, even though it does help the cash shop, but it is vital to their success. There will be competition, regardless of how stupid it is. Even if Anet doesn't partake in it, the fans will do it, has done it. They are both MMOs, unlike your comparison. Anet has already said they want GW2 to beat WoW, so apparently they see them as an adversary, whether as a rivalry or an enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that people never read patch notes. Rift has been balancing pve and pvp skills separately since March 2011. Despite what Blizzard has led you to believe it is possible. If there is a god please ask for proof because I will be delighted to link page after page of patch notes where the notes clearly indicate this.
    lol GW1 did the same thing with balancing, if it was OP in pvp but just fine in PVE split the skill and change it =D! I don't even play rift anymore but my god was it a great game when i did =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    nice screenshot

I think it's safe to say that NO it didn't deserve the hype, but it completely FULFILLED the Hype. I haven't had so much fun playing a game like this since the first time I picked up World of Warcraft back in Burning Crusade. This game feels, and plays like a next generation MMO. The questing is fun, the combat is addictive, and on the side of "Massive Multiplayer" it delivers. Running around all the zones helping out random players was what really got me. It rewards teamwork, and even teamwork with complete strangers. It's streamlined questing at it's best. It looks, absolutely gorgeous. The controls are fluid, and responsive. The spells/abilities are Unique and play off each other in a great way. And, it's all about fun.

There's no such thing as a "Messiah" in gaming, but we are looking at an incredible experience that truly delivered on what so many people wanted from it. Can't wait to play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoMighty View Post
    I think it's safe to say that NO it didn't deserve the hype, but it completely FULFILLED the Hype. I haven't had so much fun playing a game like this since the first time I picked up World of Warcraft back in Burning Crusade. This game feels, and plays like a next generation MMO. The questing is fun, the combat is addictive, and on the side of "Massive Multiplayer" it delivers. Running around all the zones helping out random players was what really got me. It rewards teamwork, and even teamwork with complete strangers. It's streamlined questing at it's best. It looks, absolutely gorgeous. The controls are fluid, and responsive. The spells/abilities are Unique and play off each other in a great way. And, it's all about fun.

There's no such thing as a "Messiah" in gaming, but we are looking at an incredible experience that truly delivered on what so many people wanted from it. Can't wait to play it again.
    100% agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    nice screenshot
    Thanks =3 Was the best one I got the entire weekend, and is currently my desktop background.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    chess - most balanced pvp game ever^^
    Ouch, you missed the point there. Street Fighter with only Ryu as a playable character would be equally balanced, or even more. For the simple reason that you start and finish on equal terms. The same counts for chess, both players have the same pieces, with Inteligence as the only variable.

Once you offer variety, it becomes way trickier. Why do you think wow's classes became so homogenised?