Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Please explain the Rogue / Mage / Priest synergy

Hi guys,

I was hoping that someone could fill me in on the specifics of the synergy for RMP. Or at least direct me to a site that explains it well (talents, glyphs, strategy, etc..)

Thank you

Deleted
    Huge ammounts of CC that doesnt conflict with eachother's DR's, outstanding burst, outstanding damage, doublesmokebomb into RoF arround it, dispells, spellsteals, high survivabilty....

Shall i continue?

Quote Originally Posted by X3non View Post
    Huge ammounts of CC that doesnt conflict with eachother's DR's, outstanding burst, outstanding damage, doublesmokebomb into RoF arround it, dispells, spellsteals, high survivabilty....

Shall i continue?
    and a disc priest's extra damage capabilities

Mmmmmmmmm Power Infusion, tis yummy.

RMP has *HUGE* burst damage when they open on a target. Or switch to another one.
    It's a comp that can 100% -> 0% a target within 1 stun+smokebomb *IF* they set up the kill properly, which requires some skill and effort.

The synergy comes from the big amounts of CC which don't share diminishing returns with each other. And priest as a very offensive healer can add even more burst damage and thus pressure. And rogue+mage can peel well for the priest.

I wouldn't say survivability is a strength of RMP though, it's probably their only weakness. They're all quite fragile once they've blown 1 or 2 defensive cooldowns. So if you couldn't kill a target quickly, you'll play an uphill battle as RMP because RMP is not made for playing defensively (although rogue and mage can provide great peels, RMP will usually lose if forced to play defensively for a long time). It's all about being constantly on the offense.

Taurenninja is spot on. They are weak at surviving, the disc will drop like a rock to any two melee.

I would say what they have going for them:
    1. Rogues and Mages are good at peeling for discs.
    2. Rogue and Mage burst, and can hard swap easily with the same burst.
    3. CCs go together so ridiculously well.

mages are nearly impossible to kill without being stunned/kited
    rogues can escape any dpser twice though blind/cloak/2 vanishes

priest have 40-50% dmg reduction from resil, 40% from their supression, 30% from their passive talent and instant cast shield with very op fear(that almost loses its dr every cooldown).

priest are the tanks of pvp healers, as all other healers are meant to be able to kite through speed increases. priest just tanks damage very well along with the endless cc of the overpowered mage/rogue
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    mages are nearly impossible to kill without being stunned/kited
    rogues can escape any dpser twice though blind/cloak/2 vanishes

priest have 40-50% dmg reduction from resil, 40% from their supression, 30% from their passive talent and instant cast shield with very op fear(that almost loses its dr every cooldown).

priest are the tanks of pvp healers, as all other healers are meant to be able to kite through speed increases. priest just tanks damage very well along with the endless cc of the overpowered mage/rogue
    This is wrong. In theory it should be like that, yes, but in practice it doesn't work out. Priests wear cloth, have no escape tools other than their Fear and they need to hard cast a lot when needing to heal a lot, which makes them vulnerable to interrupts from melees especially. And against 2+ melees it's hard to juke.

Priests are squishy in PvP when 2 melees or even just 1 Unholy DK are training them, they need peels respectively support from teammates or they die very fast, even through their cooldowns. A good Unholy DK can solo kill any disc priest very fast.
    If you don't think this is the case, you haven't played against good players yet.

It's also the reason why priests synergize well with mages, rogues and ferals, because all three of those classes can peel well.

uuuh

sub rogue and frost mage are the 2 highest survivability specs.

the priest might be weak to melee trains. but good luck trying to stick on anything with a mage and rogue peeling you off.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    This is wrong. In theory it should be like that, yes, but in practice it doesn't work out. Priests wear cloth, have no escape tools other than their Fear and they need to hard cast a lot when needing to heal a lot, which makes them vulnerable to interrupts from melees especially. And against 2+ melees it's hard to juke.

Priests are squishy in PvP when 2 melees or even just 1 Unholy DK are training them, they need peels respectively support from teammates or they die very fast, even through their cooldowns. A good Unholy DK can solo kill any disc priest very fast.
    If you don't think this is the case, you haven't played against good players yet.

It's also the reason why priests synergize well with mages, rogues and ferals, because all three of those classes can peel well.
    priests have one counter class, unholy dk, and that makes them squishy?
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

You didn't read the whole post. 1 Unholy DK as well as any 2 melees pose a threat to a disc priest already, so that he has to rely on teammates peeling. Even 1 melee can be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    You didn't read the whole post. 1 Unholy DK as well as any 2 melees pose a threat to a disc priest already, so that he has to rely on teammates peeling. Even 1 melee can be dangerous.
    Good rogues. If you dont play right, they will kill you 1v1 (as a disc).

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post

wut? priests fall over like wet paper particularly against death knights when not supported correctly.

holy paladins are the tanks of pvp healing. but they sacrifice control and offensive ability of a priest for survivability.

mostly RMP combines a ton of control ( all of their ccs are on separate DRs allowing for truly absurd CC chains) they have very high burst potential and the ability to make hard swaps more effectively then many other comps.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"