Whats the better combo for farming champ mobs?

I have a Vanguard with pretty decent gear a Shadow decent gear but not as geared as Vanguard, and finally a Sage not so geared. All are 50. Just wondering for when Im bored and wanna try farming champ mobs and other hard stuff which would be better? Vanguard/Shadow in tank mode with healer companion or playing healer myself with a tank companion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have a Vanguard with pretty decent gear a Shadow decent gear but not as geared as Vanguard, and finally a Sage not so geared. All are 50. Just wondering for when Im bored and wanna try farming champ mobs and other hard stuff which would be better? Vanguard/Shadow in tank mode with healer companion or playing healer myself with a tank companion?
    Player tank healer companion seems to be optimal setup IMHO. Companion tanks won't get out of aoe effects and don't have many good defensive cooldowns while healer players would run out resources keeping companion tanks up. Healer companions have slow heals but don't seem to have any resources to run out of. In terms of perceptions I love my juggernaut plus quinn. The juggernaut absorbs damage like a champ and quinn heals him up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Player tank healer companion seems to be optimal setup IMHO. Companion tanks won't get out of aoe effects and don't have many good defensive cooldowns while healer players would run out resources keeping companion tanks up. Healer companions have slow heals but don't seem to have any resources to run out of. In terms of perceptions I love my juggernaut plus quinn. The juggernaut absorbs damage like a champ and quinn heals him up just fine.
    I would vote for shadow, but that's cause I am an assassin. With self heals and a companion healer it takes forever to kill me, though I have almost full rakata too so I take almost no damage outside or OPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I would vote for shadow, but that's cause I am an assassin. With self heals and a companion healer it takes forever to kill me, though I have almost full rakata too so I take almost no damage outside or OPs.
    There is something fundamentally bad ass about tanking in light armor (although they get buffs from talents) and with a double edged lightsaber. Props to bioware for dreaming up this spec.

When Iam bored I go to Voss and tour the place kill some champions and get some good credits aswell, I swear that planet has so many champions mobs they are praticaly in every corner, I also do some "planet bosses" like the ones in Nar shaada, Tatooine, Balmorra, Quesh, Taris etc

My powertech colummi can tank any champion with Mako healing him, but after 1.2 it got super boring since they nerfed the 21/2/18 so I run the normal tank spec and while I have the extra survability, also makes it way more boring since lost alot of damage and the cool rail shot reseting mechanic.

Surprisingly enough my lethatlity oprative with Lokin healing can also take everything both are full rakata so I guess pretty much any geared AC can do it with a healing comp.

While the planet bosses disable your companion they do no damage because of level scalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single trooper or merc DPS. That will decimate anything. I solo Old Enemies now after they gave me the 'sacrifice companions health for 40% health'.

Gonna stick with my Vanguard. Hardly even take any damage although i might need to change my spec around as my DPS is brutal takes forever to kill anything. Also I like him best as I dont think any MMO has ever had a ranged tank before so its different than your normal "I has a sword I beat on you now" class, even if they are glowing swords still a sword.

Although I might consider rolling a DPS if they can do just the same. Playing something different might be fun as well.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-04-15 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    A single trooper or merc DPS. That will decimate anything. I solo Old Enemies now after they gave me the 'sacrifice companions health for 40% health'.
    Old enemies is H2+ since 1.2 anyone can solo it now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Old enemies is H2+ since 1.2 anyone can solo it now
    They nerfed it?? Bahh, I was looking forward to soloing it now. I could get him to about 25% but then I would die :/

my healing speced sage using a full geared out tank pet is pretty badass. Its boring playing a heal/stun/interupt bot but it gets the job done. I tried using my tank classes for hard mobs but I keep suffering from retard AI syndrome on my healing companions so i dont trust them anymore. Wish I had a Operative/Scoundrel to try out since i heard they got buffed in last patch but dont feel like leveling one. And all healers seem just the same like they are in WoW so I dont think which healer I use would matter anyways.