Deleted

Android Phone Wont Connect to Wifi

Wasnt sure where to post this, so I apologise if its in the wrong forum.

Basicly I got a new Android phone today. I put in the Local network details and wifi worked fine for about 2 hours or so. Now, all of a sudden, it wont connect. It Says "disabled" on my network in the options. Ive tried changing the wifi "sleep" to never, but that doesnt solve it either. If i disconnect or "forget" the network and reconnect, it briefly connects, but then says disabled again next to it. I'm not sure how to fix it.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.

Anybody experienced a similar issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Arazor View Post
    Wasnt sure where to post this, so I apologise if its in the wrong forum.

Basicly I got a new Android phone today. I put in the Local network details and wifi worked fine for about 2 hours or so. Now, all of a sudden, it wont connect. It Says "disabled" on my network in the options. Ive tried changing the wifi "sleep" to never, but that doesnt solve it either. If i disconnect or "forget" the network and reconnect, it briefly connects, but then says disabled again next to it. I'm not sure how to fix it.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.

Anybody experienced a similar issue?
    Have you tried this on different networks?
    Have you tried turning off the phone/removing battery and restarting?

A quick google search yielded the following:
    The solution is to use a static IP for your WiFi connection, to do this:
    •From your android device, goto Settings > Wireless and networks > WiFi Settings > Click menu button (left) and select advanced.
    •You'll see an option "use static IP" under IP settings section. Enable it and enter the following parameters.
    1.IP address : 192.168.1.253
    2.Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    3.Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    4.Dns1: 8.8.4.4
    THIS is NOT a SOLUTION but only a workaround.
    Last edited by Latitude; 2012-04-13 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    Have you tried this on different networks?
    Have you tried turning off the phone/removing battery and restarting?

A quick google search yielded the following:

THIS is NOT a SOLUTION but only a workaround.
    Thanks for the reply. Just tried everything there plus some extra and I'm still having the same problem. It keeps connecting for a brief moment then instantly changing to disabled.

Isnt the catch to most android style phones the ability to not need to connect to home networks via unlimited data plans? Regardless a number of things could cause this, notably my xbox was doing this a while back and b4 it had occurred my wifi was shut off on the router. Now upon turning it on I had ip conflicts ip's hanging etc, the wired and wireless have some differences you can change on your router brand dependant, i suggest heading to the routers webpage for help and if that fails the phones manufacturer forums etc.

Have you tried out restarting all the setting, this might happen somethimes to android phones, when also you have several aplication that might be blocking other features and setting. My phone runs android and I installed zenok free antivirus app for the phone. and also chating apps, I had to restar it several times to get the wi-fi and other features going. It´s importand to learn how do deal with it otherwise yo´ll bet crazy.