Eminence change and Arena

Recently blizz said they will change it so that serpent stance now has the "50% of damage converted into a heal" rolled into it.

What implications would this have for arenas now that monks can deal damage and provide minor heals? Would this mean that one could be a mistweaver with the purpose of dealing damage Rather than heal? Or would a lack of burst damage hold it back. Could that be fixed by having a class with a burst buff (I.e. bloodlust/heroism) in the same team?

Their current philosophy is to make the statue used for intense situations, like a cd. Soon it will get a cd, so it is an overall nerf since they just toned down mistweaver damage.

Not to mention its steady healing, it won't heal threw any kind of burst damage also if you are not doing damage you are not healing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Lemme rephrase what I mean: how viable would, say, a frost mage/mistweaver monk/resto shaman be in a 3v3?

Or for that matter: a mistweaver monk in a non-healing role.

Lemme rephrase what I mean: how viable would, say, a frost mage/mistweaver monk/resto shaman be in a 3v3?
    Depends on the damage a mistweaver would put out at launch. From the intention, not a lot.

Or for that matter: a mistweaver monk in a non-healing role.
    That's like asking how much off healing can a boomkin or elemental shaman can do.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think of a Smite spec Disc Priest. It will be roughly that.

The advantage is that the Monk can't get spell locked from the minor healing/damage. The disadvantage is that the Monk needs to be in melee range.