Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mayron's UI V6 - All Comments and Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Mayron's UI .Version 6

Hi, I've started playing World of Warcraft again and I've done a lot of improvements on my UI. Works for 1920x1080 and 1680x1050 resolutions. It has 2 Layouts: Healer and DPS. I appreciate all comments as they help me to improve my UI.

Special Features

Quick Swap Menu
    There is a button underneath the Mini-Map which only shows on mouse over. This opens the UI Quick Swap Menu. As explained in the image below, this lets you change between the Healer and DPS layout as well as switch profiles quickly to display class colors or portraits on the unit frames.

Click thumbnail for bigger picture!

Increase and Decrease Button
    These buttons only appear on mouse over. They are located ontop of the action, behind the cast bar. These increase the size of the action bars automatically.

Click thumbnail for bigger picture!

DPS - 25 Man

DPS - 5 Man

Healer - 25 Man

Healer - 25 Man OOC

DPS - Idol

DPS - Questing

DPS - 25 Man

All instructions and extra information are on the download page:

Download at WoWInterface: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ingandDPS.html
    Last edited by MayronWoW; 2012-04-14 at 05:19 PM.

Pretty slick, will give it a try once I have some spare time ;-)

Deleted
    Sorry but showing thread these days = useless - may change maybe in mop.

Pretty slick I might have to try it out, and customize it a bit of course to go with my non standard AB layout I like.

I really like it. Looking forward to the 1680x1050 version, as I'm on an old clunker system.

Really, really like it.

Im not able to get that dialog box for setup to pop up.. I've already tried everything possible..

Any other way to get it done?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

That's odd. Well you can type /reflux switch MayronUI-Hres

The command is case sensitive. No idea why it doesn't work for you but I will look into it.

Also thank you for all your comments and I should be done with the 1680x1050 version today Prag. Will reply when its finished.

Edit: The addon is called MayronSetup which needs to be turned on for the dialog box to appear however if you have that turned on then I'm not sure as I have tested the addon many times.
    Last edited by MayronWoW; 2012-04-14 at 05:29 PM.

looks solid.. im very picky on my ui's i think ill have to give this one a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I really like it. Looking forward to the 1680x1050 version, as I'm on an old clunker system.

Really, really like it.
    Ok its finished now Prag. The UI now supports 1680x1050

nvm hehe xD
    Last edited by khronz; 2012-04-14 at 07:39 PM. Reason: mistake

I've had 2 people who have said the dialog box does not appear on login. Make sure you tick load out of date addons and all addons are turned on on first login for setup. I've just installed and setup the UI myself following all the instructions carefully and the box showed up for me so I can not find anything wrong with it. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for this rather simple question, I know absolutely nothing about lua code or editing addons at all. If I have specific addons to my class will this overwrite them or is there a way to keep it? I've never cared for custom UI's since there's always something I don't like but this is almost exactly my UI but mine doesn't have matching skins and everything for each specific addon. Also, I use 3 bars at the middle/bottom of my screen, can I change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Sorry for this rather simple question, I know absolutely nothing about lua code or editing addons at all. If I have specific addons to my class will this overwrite them or is there a way to keep it? I've never cared for custom UI's since there's always something I don't like but this is almost exactly my UI but mine doesn't have matching skins and everything for each specific addon. Also, I use 3 bars at the middle/bottom of my screen, can I change that?
    Do you mean that you have addons that you want to add to the UI? Yes you can do that and they will work the same as always. I would recommend creating a new profile to them and call it the same as the rest of the UI. If you want to import the settings you can use the addon file found in the Saved Variables in your old WTF folder. Hopefully that's what you meant.

The action bars are created with Bartender so you can alter the bars very easily. Type "/bar" in game and just alter it to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoXV8 View Post
    Ok its finished now Prag. The UI now supports 1680x1050
    Wow, that was fast! I'll try it out tonight. Thanks so much for your work!

God i suck at installing the addon! I followed the installation guide and this is what i got:

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-04-14 at 10:56 PM.

I dont know why some people are having this problem, but I have managed to help one person out with this issue already.

The MayronSetup addon is meant to show a dialog box on login which asks you which resolution your using so that it can setup the UI for you. Make sure it is enabled and that the load out of date addons is ticked. I've just tested this myself by downloading the UI and it works for me. I can not see any reason it would not work.

Please check this first but if the problem persists then use one of the 2 commands for which resolution you are using:

1920x1080:
    /reflux switch MayronUI-Hres

1680x1050:
    /reflux switch MayronUI-Lres
    Last edited by MayronWoW; 2012-04-14 at 10:50 PM.

I dont know why some people are having this problem, but I have managed to help one person out with this issue already.

The MayronSetup addon is meant to show a dialog box on login which asks you which resolution your using so that it can setup the UI for you. Make sure it is enabled and that the load out of date addons is ticked. I've just tested this myself by downloading the UI and it works for me. I can not see any reason it would not work.
    Won't help... maybe i installed the extracted parts to wrong directions? Could you take the time to tell where each one of the file goes?
    The commands will not do anything for me!

Btw there is no "Quick Swap Menu" either, if that helps!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-04-14 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    Won't help... maybe i installed the extracted parts to wrong directions? Could you take the time to tell where each one of the file goes?
    You take out the Interface, WTF and font folder from the UI pack and place them in the World of Warcraft folder directory on your computer. Then just rename the folders like the instructions tell you. Sorry but I find it hard to figure out what you've done wrong but if the commands do not work then there is something very wrong you've done a long the way. It would have to be something to do with the WTF folder. Make sure you renamed the files corrrect. the ACCOUNTNAME folder needs to be your original account name. not your battle net account for example.
    Last edited by MayronWoW; 2012-04-14 at 10:59 PM.

You take out the Interface, WTF and font folder from the UI pack and place them in the World of Warcraft folder directory on your computer. Then just rename the folders like the instructions tell you.
    Gonna retry... doubtful tho... i'm pretty sure i didn't mess up!
    EDIT: Nope... nothing changed... thanks for trying tho!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-04-14 at 11:06 PM.

I'll just have to use the DPS version for when I'm on my tank. Looks really nice though, will give it a shot.