Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Also wrong and a myth, broscience or whatever you call it. There is a "low carb" diet where you cut down on carbs completely, resulting in a protein and fat rich diet. In such diet, your body will use protein for muscle/nerve tissue build/maintenance while fat is used for energy. When your body is done with burning the fat from meals, it will burn fat from fat reserves and/or some protein from your diet, not your muscles.

You dont "need" carbs. They make life easier (as in preparing meals will not be as difficult and less hassle), but they are not mandatory.
    Not necessarily.

Take something like Paleo eating, where their carbohydrate intake is rather minimal, and they prefer fat intake, for instance.
    Yes, they get a large portion of their energy from fats.
    Yes, they still eat some carbohydrates (usually vegetables).

It's no bro-science or false to claim that the body needs carbs. It's completely true. If your brain gets 0 carbs, you die. That's simple human biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Not necessarily.

Take something like Paleo eating, where their carbohydrate intake is rather minimal, and they prefer fat intake, for instance.
    Yes, they get a large portion of their energy from fats.
    Yes, they still eat some carbohydrates (usually vegetables).

It's no bro-science or false to claim that the body needs carbs. It's completely true. If your brain gets 0 carbs, you die. That's simple human biology.
    Naturally, but we're talking about small amounts, i.e. few grams a day and not usual 100-300 grams of carbs (thats like 400grams of potatoes, pasta or rice).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Naturally, but we're talking about small amounts, i.e. few grams a day and not usual 100-300 grams of carbs (thats like 400grams of potatoes, pasta or rice).
    Yeah. Just trying to make the distinction. I've basically come to the conclusion that things like health/fitness/nutrition, it's better to be overly thorough than give someone the chance to misinterpret what you were attempting to say and just be wrong/do something dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah. Just trying to make the distinction. I've basically come to the conclusion that things like health/fitness/nutrition, it's better to be overly thorough than give someone the chance to misinterpret what you were attempting to say and just be wrong/do something dangerous.
    Very fair point.

It is also highly individual what you should eat and when and how much. Some people might have liver disorder or kidneys or whatever without knowing it, making this and that diet very dangerous. People also have different biorythm, and thats where PSMF/IF might not work for some or even be harmfull.

General population looking for a nutritional advice on internet should be VERY, VERY, VERY sceptical of what they take in and accept. It also goes for what I call "broscience", and the internet term "fuckarounditis" where you see people "curlin' dat bicep" hours on end, admiring them selfs in the mirror

#DeathToThoseThatBicepCurlInThePowerRack

Theres a vey simple formula for fitness.

70% diet/nutrition

20% rest/recovery

10% exercise/working out

Its not rocket science just a sound plan and will power/dedication.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like Coke.... a lot, i changed from regular to Coke Zero a few months ago and i started loosing a lot of weight, i had to actually start eating more, so i didn't get too skinny because im quite active... thats how bad sugary drinks are for you.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

stop eating and you will lose weight... true story

So much incorrect information in this thread. There is no scientific prove muscles weight more as fat, they do however take in less space.
    Secondly training with weights will increase your metabolism for the whole day, even in rest. So it does burn calories.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    98% of that weight is most likely body fluids....which you'll probably gain back instantly once you eat and drink normally for 2-3 days.
    At first that's what I thought, but it's been over a week and I have only gained 1 or 2 pounds back >_>
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

I've always felt that exercise does more for your heart and stamina than anything else, though I guess it's one thing if you climb up and down stairs or something all day every day for a living. If you are just going to the gym or something, it's really not going to do much for your weight if you eat like crap still. Granted, everyone is different, but, though I'm not a doctor, eating less/healthier is generally going to do a lot more for your weight than exercise by itself will, not that exercise is a bad thing.

#DeathToThoseThatBicepCurlInThePowerRack
    If gyms would stop putting mirrors right infront of the rack, people would stop doing it...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If gyms would stop putting mirrors right infront of the rack, people would stop doing it...
    mirrors are there for the technique spotting. Squat technique is something you don't master straight away, and even experienced "squatters" check themselves in the mirror on the way down and up to see if they are doing it right. A poorly executed squat will mess up your back quite badly, and if you do it bad/long enough, permanently

Deleted
    Well you are not making any muscle gains, but if your goal with the diet was just to lose stomach fat, well then congrats

You are 24. I used to lose weight just sleeping at that age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Mirrors are vital for any proper workout.

Can't tell if you're doing it right, if you're focusing properly, if your back is straight etc.