Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanchollie View Post
    I'm a really big believer of UFOs,and I would like people to tell me here if they have seen or or think they have seen a UFO to say so here and describe it and the encounter.I saw one one outside my bedroom,a single bright Goldenn light moving slowly on the horizon,and it was not anything I have seen before.Please don't be afraid to speak out!
    I'm sure most people that want to see UFO's have seen UFO's.

UFO's to me are like religion. People desperate for something to be true will interpret what's infront of them to satisfy their needs... even if it's demonstrably untrue or extremely unlikely.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only "UFO" I have ever seen was about six years ago. I was driving home late from work and there was a light moving in the sky about a half a mile in front of me and only about 150 feet off the ground. The light was moving along a cross road that I was approaching. At the corner of these two roads is a vets office. There, it stopped and hovered for a few seconds and a light shined down in a spotlight fashion. I kid you not it lit up a large portion of the yard and building and I could see it from where I was as it was a very dark night and they don't have any bright security lights like that on normally. After about 5-10 seconds the light stopped shining and the UFO moved away. It is all woods in that area with no street lighting so I couldn't get a look at the UFO's profile so it very well could have been just a helicopter with a spotlight. When the light appeared dim to me could have just been when I could only see a small portion of the light and it wasn't pointed at a target I could see and then only appeared bright when I could see the target, but it was fairly freaky since I couldn't hear a helicopter at all when I stopped and turned the radio off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Common misconception: UFO = Aliens.

OP says they are a big believer of UFO's... ya so what? Why wouldn't you be, people can't identify what's in the sky all the time.

Have people seen alien crafts zipping around? Not sure there is not enough good evidence to convince me.

Do I believe it's possible? Hell Yes.

Have I seen a UFO? no, but I've got my eyes on the sky.

I'm a really big believer of UFOs,and I would like people to tell me here if they have seen or or think they have seen a UFO to say so here and describe it and the encounter.I saw one one outside my bedroom,a single bright Goldenn light moving slowly on the horizon,and it was not anything I have seen before.Please don't be afraid to speak out!
    If you can provide any sort of evidence beyond photoshopped pictures, or incredibly blurry pictures, or first-hand accounts of rednecks with an IQ less than 50, then I will believe you.
    Until then, no I will not believe that "aliens" fly through the sky, then disappear within a few seconds, making no noise. Something moving that quick would make noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    If you can provide any sort of evidence beyond photoshopped pictures, or incredibly blurry pictures, or first-hand accounts of rednecks with an IQ less than 50, then I will believe you.
    Until then, no I will not believe that "aliens" fly through the sky, then disappear within a few seconds, making no noise. Something moving that quick would make noise.
    If they can develop the technology to travel through space as easily as we travel down our roads, then I'm sure they know how to develop a super-muffler.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This is going to end up the same way all "who has seen a ghost" threads end up... people calling each other stupid.
    Hm?

I thought every thread is supposed to end this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Something moving that quick would make noise.
    <snip>
    Sorry, but had to just because someone mentioned the lack of memes

~ No memes, please.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-04-14 at 01:02 PM.

Might've just been sunlight reflecting off of an airplane...

Deleted
    I too belive in UFOs, but I don`t belive, that they can fly to Earth cos they must be very-very- VERY far to us and there is no chance, that they can even come to close to us..

Deleted
    I've seen tons of unidentified flying objects, I try not to get too caught up on it considering how many I've seen that obviously aren't alien in nature anyway.

When i was like 7 I remember waking up in the middle of the night and looking out of my window. I kept seeing loads of blue and red lights in the sky. I ran to me mum n dad screaming we were being invaded by aliens. My dad being a lovely chap gave me a clip and informed me its planes with their lights on.

Still makes me chuckle :P

Deleted
    I saw one.
    It was dark, and outside my house appeared a crazy crop circle
    Then i holed myself and my family in the basement to protect us, saw them whilst looking under the door frame, they didnt know how to use handles... LOLS!

Oh wait.. that was signs...

Nvm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists is that it has never tried to contact us.
    So true. Depends on what you mean by UFO - have I seen a flying object that I wasn't able to identify? Sure, I've seen what look like satelittes and shooting stars but have I ever seen an Alien craft? Nope

I can tell you right now that no aliens have been to Earth, because as soon as they pick up our television signals and see Jersey Shore they will determine there is no intelligent life on Earth. That or that our race communicates with Beeps.

All joking aside yes I've seen a UFO, but not one from another planet. Just an object in the sky that I couldn't identify.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear glasses, so I see UFO's all the time.

Nah, haven't seen any. Though I'm open to the idea that they exist.

Deleted
    I was once abducted by aliens, they were green, had three eyes and anal probed me.

I kid you not.

Deleted
    I'm on internet so I'll admit. Yes I have.
    But I never talked about it (and never will). They'll think I'm crazy or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. But maybe if I really wanted to see UFO's, I might start seeing them. You see what you want to see and all that.

UFOs....a few times.

First one was when I was a little kid. Playing in the yard, something caught my eye moving across the sky (4pm ish still light out). Had to have been really fast and REALLY big. Definitely didn't resemble a plane, it was more along the lines of a disc shape. Plus my parents saw it and my dad being ex military aircraft mechanic was somewhat dumbfounded.

Most recent I can remember was two weeks back. It was dark with low clouds, the brown ones you see when the city light reflects off them, lightly raining. Another disc shaped object up there, looked like it was just inside the bottom layer of clouds, through the rain haze. I stopped walking and just watched it for a bit to make sure I wasn't seeing things or that it was an advertisement blimp or balloon. It was not and I reconfirmed that the next day. The clouds shifted a bit and I lost sight of it.

A few more occasions I can barely remember with equally strange things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have definitely seen a "UFO", but I believe it was some sort of top secret military test craft. I go often to upstate New York to hang out with friends in a cabin etc. This particular time was within a hundred miles or so of an airbase. We were hanging out by the fire being extremely loud etc paying no mind, but for some reason i decided to look up and behind my shoulder. And flying VERY VERY low to the ground, maybe 15 feet above the pine trees, was a Triangular object flying at very slow speed and in complete silence. It had three lights on its bottom at the points of the triangle. This thing was so silent that no one else noticed it

It WAS headed towards the airbase.....It was too large to be UAV and traveling far to slowly to be any sort of full scale plane with what we currently know we use as propulsion systems. I highly doubt it was of extraterrestrial origin.

**EDIT** The treeline was approximately 50 feet behind us so this thing was EXTREMELY close to us and yet completely silent. I would recon they saw the campfire and were testing whether we would notice them....
    Last edited by Aurust; 2012-04-14 at 01:54 PM.