Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But... I DON'T WANT TO SHARE. > Stupid druids, U NO GET MY TELEPORT NOR UNENDING RESOLVE. Give me Barkskin or Typhoon and I just might consider giving my precious...

Quote Originally Posted by Warsfeil View Post
    it will most probably changed and as a warlock i dont want to get Rejuvenation while i am giving 2 defensive cd and soul swap.
    You aren't trading.

I think we all get that were not actually swapping abilities, but it still feels like giving away some of the unique flavor that is a warlock to an inferior class, i.e. a non-warlock.
    Those thoughts come from the same evil place that prevent me from ever giving d.i to a mage.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2012-04-14 at 08:46 PM.

I think a lot of people are confused about this fact, in MOP all classes get an additional spell called symbiosis in their spellbook, this is where the spell that is given shows up, you can place that on your bar like any other spell / ability, once a druid uses symb. on you , it transforms into the spell depending on spec etc... it's not something that will take away soul swap and give you rejuv. for example, just clearing it up since people are constantly saying that even though several people in this thread tell them otherwise .

There are quite a few selfish posts here o.O

I know it's been said already, but as a raider, I'm happy to share things that help my team! And as someone who played a warlock for a long time then switched to a druid when my team needed a healer, there have been fights where I've missed having my lovely little circle. I mean, you're not losing anything. Two people are gaining things. Soooo what is there to complain about? I mean, there are many times when I'm healing and wishing people had more ways to keep themselves alive when healing gets tough, or when someone gets out of my range and I can't get to them for whatever reason.

The only one that is a little weird to me is giving out soul swap. I mean, only affliction can use it, but a feral druid can still get it from a destro or demo lock. Just seems a little off to me, but it also makes sense for a feral druid to get xD (in fact, can my boomkin have that, too?)
    Last edited by Samania; 2012-04-15 at 05:35 PM.

Would be ridiculous (in a good way) if resto could take life tap... but it's seems pretty useless for guardian D:

Quote Originally Posted by Biiru View Post
    Would be ridiculous (in a good way) if resto could take life tap... but it's seems pretty useless for guardian D:
    They trade health for rage
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I am concerned that like the present Dark Intent there will be good, bad and downright ugly choices.
    There is simply no need for yet another single-target buff which is hugely dependant on the choice of target to determine whether it is fantastic, mediocre or just plain awful.
    Blizzard openly agreed about that problem with Dark Intent, but then seem determined to repeat it for the sake of novelty.
    Another class or not is irrelevant when they obviously cannot learn from their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I am concerned that like the present Dark Intent there will be good, bad and downright ugly choices.
    There is simply no need for yet another single-target buff which is hugely dependant on the choice of target to determine whether it is fantastic, mediocre or just plain awful.
    Blizzard openly agreed about that problem with Dark Intent, but then seem determined to repeat it for the sake of novelty.
    Another class or not is irrelevant when they obviously cannot learn from their mistakes.
    The problem with Dark Intent had to do with performance disparities. Symbiosis is almost entirely utility related, and I think most of us can agree that it's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Dark Intent had to do with performance disparities. Symbiosis is almost entirely utility related, and I think most of us can agree that it's a good thing.
    Depends on how useful this become with the fight mechanics in mists.

What if certain combos are so useful that stacking 5 druids in your raid to get the best out of symbiosis for your 5 other classes would become the norm.

I think it is a very interesting spell, and would love to see it make it all the way to live. If it does though, with each patch during mists I will bet that one or two match ups will be miles ahead of the rest depending on that tiers fights, and how useful certain combos are in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    What if certain combos are so useful that stacking 5 druids in your raid to get the best out of symbiosis for your 5 other classes would become the norm.
    The direction Symbiosis is taking so far doesn't lend itself very easily to this situation. On the contrary, it does add more flexibility and builds further on the "bring the player not the class" philosophy. Being able to add an extra personal defensive cooldown here or there would have been useful at times on fight like Ultraxion or Zon'ozz. Having an extra person with a battle rez would have been useful at various times. Things of this nature are more along the lines of the probable situation the ability will find itself in, which, again, I think is a very positive thing.

I think the ability currently set to enter the game in Mists that has the biggest implication in this department is our very own new ability Demonic Gateway. The impact an ability like that can have on raid mechanics makes me a bit nervous.

Doesn't this spell have a cooldown. I could see some major exploitation in both PvE and PvP to get as much cooldowns as possible. And no, a 6 second cast is not enough to prevent switching utility spells between classes.

In raid at least, compared to Rejuvenation (lame) other specs (mainly tanks) get huge benefits, defensive cooldowns. I have a feeling we will be passed over completely.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Imo simple fix, dont let it be used in arena / possibley rbg.
    this seems great for pve.. kinda
    i'd just skip it if i cant use it in bgs, there are healers in raids to keep my ass up

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    chicken + demon = demonchicken? -> chicken on fire ? -> KFC + hot sauce
    i want this more than anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Daeluin View Post
    And there is no performance difference between a raid-heal, a personal oh-s*** button, and a single-target HoT ?
    Will someone honestly choose rejuv over tranquility unless they have no other choice ?
    No they won't.
    And that is exactly where the problem lies and will never be resolved.
    Some classes will never be a viable target because they will be so low down the priority that it is almost certain that someone better will be there.

I think it is a very interesting spell, and would love to see it make it all the way to live. If it does though, with each patch during mists I will bet that one or two match ups will be miles ahead of the rest depending on that tiers fights, and how useful certain combos are in pvp.
    If an ability of a single class is their sole reason for inclusion then that is poor design and going to back to when a shammy was the sole source of heroism/bloodlust and they would be brought in irrespective of skill, but as a buff source.

There will be good, poor and simply non-viable choices for the ability and therefore it is horribly broken in exactly the same way that Dark Intent in its current form is, and will remain so.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-04-16 at 05:25 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Doesn't this spell have a cooldown. I could see some major exploitation in both PvE and PvP to get as much cooldowns as possible. And no, a 6 second cast is not enough to prevent switching utility spells between classes.
    Can't be used in combat, IDK about a cooldown though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    i'd just skip it if i cant use it in bgs, there are healers in raids to keep my ass up
    What you're forgetting is that on a fight that puts a lot of stress on the healers, every little bit of self healing or damage reduction is important. Sure, it won't be useful for every fight, but the person who will be getting Symbiosis will always depend on the fight.

And to the people who don't want to "give away" their spells, you won't lose yours. Your spells will get copied, not stolen. Blizzard isn't stupid enough for that.

Also, looking at the list of the skills Symbioses currently grants (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...aid-Blue-Posts), I don't see anything that would give you a reason to stack Druids, but I might be wrong there.
    Last edited by mmoca1087cf74f; 2012-04-16 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    What you're forgetting is that on a fight that puts a lot of stress on the healers, every little bit of self healing or damage reduction is important. Sure, it won't be useful for every fight, but the person who will be getting Symbiosis will always depend on the fight.
    Rejuvenation, while arguably better than Healing Touch (100% useless in raid) still would ostensibly require a global. You are better off DPS'ing than the small self-heal provided by Rejuv. If you need an "emergency" self-heal, healthstone. That's off the GCD.

As it is right now, the tank cd's are what will be used the most for PvE. For PvP, it will make arena comps pretty interesting.