Dual Wielding Gurthalak?

I have two raid finder Gurthalak and I am wondering is it better to dual wield them or should I use one along with Pit Lord's Destroyer. Can both swords proc at the same time or can only one be on at a time.

Why Ataraxis? Experimental Slicer is easier to get, and mastery is better than haste at high levels of crit yes?

To answer other questions: Both swords can proc at the same time and the same sword can also proc multiple times.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

even though using 2 gurths of the same ilevel gimps the procs on the offhand, its probably still better than the pit lord mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Why Ataraxis? Experimental Slicer is easier to get, and mastery is better than haste at high levels of crit yes?

To answer other questions: Both swords can proc at the same time and the same sword can also proc multiple times.
    mastery is bottom stat once you have decent DS gear and 2pc t13.

Or you can play the superior spec arms, and stop kidding yourself with offhand main hand shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwind7777 View Post
    Or you can play the superior spec arms, and stop kidding yourself with offhand main hand shenanigans.
    yeah because that matters in LFR/normal or even heroic nowadays

Deleted
    Still dual Gurthalak looks sick!

15+ Year Old Account
    Or, he could play the spec he enjoys playing instead of rolling the fotm spec because everyone said he should. I don't know, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Or, he could play the spec he enjoys playing instead of rolling the fotm spec because everyone said he should. I don't know, I could be wrong.
    You tell him, it's all about having fun. Now.. back to some Frost Mage vs Deathwing I go ->>>>

+1

I have 2 different ilevel Gurths and it still doesn't compare to arms with 1.

You are incorrect on both accounts. Mastery is not better than haste with the 2PCT13 as the importance of rage generation increases significantly. Also, same versions use the same spell ID to trigger so they share the same dice roll. Having another gurthalak of the same version is completely pointless. Use the Pit Lord's Destroyer.

asharia, using different versions gimps the proc in the off hand. Using the same version has the same effect as negating the off-hand proc altogether.

---

Managed to edit this post instead of quoting it but I restored it, sorry 'bout that ~ Lohe
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-05-06 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wargameo View Post
    asharia, using different versions gimps the proc in the off hand. Using the same version has the same effect as negating the off-hand proc altogether.
    The off-hand weapon can still proc from white off-hand swings and the off-hand portion of Raging Blow so it is not completely negated.

10+ Year Old Account
    or you could play fury because you like it better than arms

the race is over, contents been nerfed
    if you are still struggling (or are not at least 5-6/7) and are in a "hardcore" guild, i'd suggest looking for a new guild or weeding out your roster

but on topic: i believe that it is just not worth dual-wielding Gurthalak. iirc, proc rate in the OH is lower and with as RNG as gurth can be sometimes, many people believe that just going with an OH that has stats on it is the way to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The off-hand weapon can still proc from white off-hand swings and the off-hand portion of Raging Blow so it is not completely negated.
    And WW offhands. I get alot of procs form WW, even managed to have 5 tentacles up once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Ahh I see. So in terms of logic, Im guessing moves that have a MH and OH roll can still proc two tentacles, even when equipping the same version. Whereas moves such as BT and Heroic Leap cannot, but can when using different versions.