Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rivett Clutchpop - The Jade Forest Gear Vendor

Hello guise whilst questing for the Hozen I discovered a goblin gear vendor in Grookin Mound (after becoming neutral with the hozen).

Here is his location

He sells gear and weapons at iLevel 372

So if you have some gear you would like to replace then this guy can help you out!

ya they added him so if u r missing appropriate quest rewards for a certain slot u can just grab sumthing from vendors like this as you level along.

I'm glad they added him. I'll be wanted to upgrade some of my offspec healing gear as I go along to try out the new dungeons. I wonder if other zones have a similar NPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there was (still is?) another Vendor with the similar items in Dawns Blossom. But yes, it's good idea to have these kinds of vendor, I wouldn't mind if they go live.
    My rogue had huge problems after dinging 80 with green Wrath-questgear. The Cata mobs are multiple times stonger than those in Icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim is back yay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    Nazgrim is back yay
    All that hard work in Grizzly Hills and Vashj'ir has finally paid off for Nazgrim

I like this idea a lot. Although, with the new class specific quest rewards, it's probably difficult to miss an item.

Maybe impatient players can get the gear before questing to do it faster? I don't know.

Blizz had stated that these are guna be in each zone so that you can gear up an off spec because they enjoy the idea of spec specific rewards from quests. There is one in the first hub in VotFW also

These vendors are great, I've copied over some of my ungeared alts for the beta, and this i372 stuff let's them not suck completely lol
    In case anyone was wondering, this gear is all i372 (as OP said), the quest rewards in Jade Forest are generally i378. Some of the quests towards the end of the zone start giving out i384 stuff (also including the occasional blue for the longer quest chains). Items from the Temple of the Jade Serpent instance are i425 blues. Quest rewards in the next zone, Valley of the Four Winds are i384s, with some i390s showing up later as well. I've even gotten a i404 blue from somewhere, but I forget where.

Deleted
    Would it be too much to ask for a set of screenshots of the sets? I'd love to see how these look!

probably usefull for trinkets and nonset stuff for 2nd spec

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Blizz had stated that these are guna be in each zone so that you can gear up an off spec because they enjoy the idea of spec specific rewards from quests. There is one in the first hub in VotFW also
    So this isn't just a Beta thing?

Of course it is. People would be going nuts if they were giving away free gear on release.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I like this idea a lot. Although, with the new class specific quest rewards, it's probably difficult to miss an item.

Maybe impatient players can get the gear before questing to do it faster? I don't know.
    I doubt this will make it to live. Maybe there'll be one at 90, but not every zone.

This is likely just in case the quest reward system bugs out, or in case you missed an upgrade or two and sold them by accident.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Does the gear visually look unique at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Of course it is. People would be going nuts if they were giving away free gear on release.
    It's not free. It costs gold, and it's lower level than quest gear. It's really no different than buying greens off the AH. It's intended to be an option if you want off-spec gear, since quests now automatically give you gear for the spec you're playing as instead of having gear for every spec spread across the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I doubt this will make it to live. Maybe there'll be one at 90, but not every zone.

This is likely just in case the quest reward system bugs out, or in case you missed an upgrade or two and sold them by accident.
    There was already a blue post about it, this is intended to be live. To my knowledge they were supposed to be weaker than the other quest rewards however (and they may end up being weaker, as can be seen by the "Faded" prefix to all of them). They are intended to give you gear for your offspec since quests will only offer spec-specific rewards.

EDIT:
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...specific-loot/
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-04-18 at 04:12 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Magnadon View Post
    Would it be too much to ask for a set of screenshots of the sets? I'd love to see how these look!
    All new gear from the beta (not *just* these vendor sets, but literally ALL GEAR) so far has the exact same placeholder graphics. Whether it's cloth, leather, mail or plate, it all looks like one of the grey cloth sets (I think it's twill?), and all 2h weapons look like the starter lowbie Blood Elf staff, and all 1h weapons look like a board with a nail in it (seriously).

i know im being hopefull, but is any of this stuff disenchantable?
    I see Stupid people!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    i know im being hopefull, but is any of this stuff disenchantable?
    Shhhhhh don't even bring that up or they'll realize their mistake. XD