Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you strafe properly you can shot over your shoulder while still running at 100% movement speed. When you backpedal you basically but a 50% snare on yourself. You don't have to strafe in a circle you can hold down strafe and go in a straight line while firing shots over your shoulder.

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 03:17 AM ----------

Naw man roots drag you back to the ground now you can't jumps stuns anymore they fixed that with charge buff. It was super fun when you jump stuff but they fixed it really blows.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do know that if you show your back to an enemy they get a flanking bonus and deal more damage to you. So when your doing your fancy jump shots every time you get hit in the back you take more damage. Also happens when you strife. I thought it was really noobish seeing all this back peddling, but recently saw a video where a developer was explaining why he was back peddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    You guys do know that if you show your back to an enemy they get a flanking bonus and deal more damage to you. So when your doing your fancy jump shots every time you get hit in the back you take more damage. Also happens when you strife. I thought it was really noobish seeing all this back peddling, but recently saw a video where a developer was explaining why he was back peddling.
    I do believe crit chance is increased when shooting at the back of an enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are certain traits for certain professions that increase damage when flanking, and certain abilities cause extra effect if you are behind or to the side of your target, but that's about it.

I find it stupid that they will punish people for not backpedaling in anyway tbh it's not hard to key bind and maybe with the limited keys binds in gw2. They will give tutorials on how to in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    I find it stupid that they will punish people for not backpedaling in anyway tbh it's not hard to key bind and maybe with the limited keys binds in gw2. They will give tutorials on how to in game.
    Why would you EVER turn your back on an enemy though? That's the sort of thing that gets your ass killed in any real situation, you wouldn't want to strafe and fire over your shoulder or what not you'd want to keep an eye on the person, it's like when you play Skyrim in first person mode, are you going to turn around and run away and turn around to shoot at them? NO you're going to back up while launching what ever you got.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I don't know why people say backpedaling is evil, it allows you to get more distance while still shooting them lol, sure circle straffing has its uses by so does backpedaling...
    Because in many games backpedaling you move at 1/2 speed while strafing you move at full speed while still being able to aim (well enough), so in many games its better to turn a slight angle and strafe away to get a similar faster effect as backpedaling while still being able to cast.

Wither a similar mechanic exists in this game where strafing is better then moving at 1/2 speed backpedaling or not has yet to been said so people are just assuming that going backwards is 1/2 speed until they get a chance to either test for themself or have someone confirm or deny wither strafing or backpedaling is better since the mechanics have not been explored yet in the game since no one bothered to try both ways and see which is more viable yet.

This is why backpedaling is bad and why strafing = good.

Just mute the video if you don't like the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Why would you EVER turn your back on an enemy though? That's the sort of thing that gets your ass killed in any real situation, you wouldn't want to strafe and fire over your shoulder or what not you'd want to keep an eye on the person, it's like when you play Skyrim in first person mode, are you going to turn around and run away and turn around to shoot at them? NO you're going to back up while launching what ever you got.
    One enemy in range. 2 closing in fast. You will want to take more damage from that one in range and survive instead of getting instagibbed the moment 2 others come in range.

One enemy with weak ranged and strong melee abilities. You will want to get out of range as much as possible to avoid damage.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-04-15 at 07:51 AM.

I can still see over my shoulder that why i don't miss them and backpedaling in skyrim sucks as well on the pc. If you could run forward then killing mobs higher levels then you would be possible because slows are in the game. They don't let you do it thou and i find it annoying. Even in real life you run faster while strafe shooting. It's a video game it's not that serious plus i mean whatever way you are facing you can still get hit in pretty much the same vital organs really won't make much of a difference tbh. In real life strafe shoot would be silly because you can fire a lot better face forward but strafe shooting does allows you to run faster then someone who is facing forward.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-04-15 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

If you dont like this Killswitch song you should just admit you music taste sucks
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    If you dont like this Killswitch song you should just admit you music taste sucks
    Different tastes in music than me?
    Must suck.
    My opinion > the opinion of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    One enemy in range. 2 closing in fast. You will want to take more damage from that one in range and survive instead of getting instagibbed the moment 2 others come in range.

One enemy with weak ranged and strong melee abilities. You will want to get out of range as much as possible to avoid damage.
    lol god i'd hope you'd say "screw this!" and just turn around and run away if you're about to get rocked by 3 people!! And how would they have weak ranged and strong melee in this? it's not really gonna happen in GW2 with the whole everyone is just as good in melee as they are at ranged...

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 10:25 AM ----------

Wow.... that hunter... just... *facepalm*
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    I still can't figure out what song that is. >_> It sounds like My Curse but the lyrics don't seem to fit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why games punish backpedaling by making it so much slower w/o punishing strafing in some way. If you were in any sort of real combat what would happen if you said hmm I'll just turn around let you hit my back while I run away trying to shoot you. Kinda be cool to have to think about not showing your back to enemies while in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I never understood why games punish backpedaling by making it so much slower w/o punishing strafing in some way. If you were in any sort of real combat what would happen if you said hmm I'll just turn around let you hit my back while I run away trying to shoot you. Kinda be cool to have to think about not showing your back to enemies while in combat
    Since we're bringing real life into this, why would you run backwards when trying to flee from an enemy? It's slower.

This is a video game, just keep real life out of it. None of this would make sense in real life. Falling 1000 feet from the air only to be perfectly fine if there's 3 feet of water to land in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're bringing real life into this, why would you run backwards when trying to flee from an enemy? It's slower.
    You don't backpedal when you're trying to RUN AWAY uou back pedal when you're trying to make the distance between you and the guy with the big sword last a little longer, if your goal was to get the hell out of there you're not gonna back pedal or strafe you're going to turn around and book it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Mesmers and boons/Conditions.

Mesmers transfer Conditions to boons on their allies.

And Boons on enemies to Conditions.

So basically if you want to fight a mesmer on even ground don't buff. should be fun to see it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

If you backpeddle you are a noob. Plain and simple. Strafing > Backpedaling in ANY situation.

Now please get back on the fucking topic.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

If you backpeddle you are a noob. Plain and simple. Strafing > Backpedaling in ANY situation.

Now please get back on the fucking topic.
    Have fun dying in GW then...