Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Livorno midfielder Morosini dies during Serie B game after collapsing on the pitch

Very sad story. RIP Morosini. Only aged 25.

Last edited by Unorthodox; 2012-04-14 at 04:09 PM.

may he R.I.P. but srsly what the f is going on why are so many people just dropping on the field???

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reports coming in from Sky news "Hospital officials in Italy have said a footballer who collapsed on the pitch today has died after a cardiac arrest."

Deleted
    You would assume they would have the best medical care available consider how much they pay for the players. A full medical every few months must surely be mandatory.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would of considered the Muamba case a while back that all clubs would send there players for screenings. I can see with Muamba and now this case it becoming mandatory.

Heart irregularities can go unnoticed and cardiac tests aren't really standard for healthy guys in their 20s. It's highly possible he was asymptomatic until the arrest. It's definitely a sad story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercethirst View Post
    may he R.I.P. but srsly what the f is going on why are so many people just dropping on the field???
    Nothing's going on because it's not rare at all, it's just not covered when it's not a major game.

This happens on a daily basis in even a small country, sports actually isn't THAT good for your health, especially when talking about pro sports / intensive sports.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You would assume they would have the best medical care available consider how much they pay for the players. A full medical every few months must surely be mandatory.
    It is as far as I know, but some things you just can't catch or predict in time. Just like the incident with Muamba, completely out of the blue.

This is a sad day, not because it was a footballer, but because it must have been horrific for him to go through, for his team to see, his family to go through and the fans to see. Again, I'm not saying this is any more special than kids dying in Africa or anything, both are sad. May he rest in peace, I'm 25 and just the thought of that happening at that age is scary.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-04-15 at 10:40 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    It is as far as I know, but some things you just can't catch or predict in time. Just like the incident with Muamba, completely out of the blue.

This is a sad day, not because it was a footballer, but because it must have been horrific for him to go through, for his team to see, his family to go through and the fans to see. Again, I'm not saying this is any more special than kids dying in Africa or anything, both are sad. May he rest in peace, I'm 25 and just the thought of that happening at that age is scary.

His mother died when he was 15, his father when he was 17, his little brother killed himself and his sister is the only one left and shes handicapped :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

On the topic of screenings I believe the Italians give medical screenings 2 or 3 times a season? So they do in fact have quite a lot going on trying to detect these kinda problems, I recall Mancini commenting after the Muamba incident that the FA should look at following the example set by the Italian league in terms of medicals.