Is Execute Wonky?

Sorry if this has been covered previously, i searched and found nothing.

I have an issue with Execute being clunky at best in BGs.

My latency is 24, and I'm always at 50+ fps, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Any ideas? is this a common problem?

Deleted
    Mmm... I think the only possible problem is that anyone below 20% gets healed to more than that. That's where the place where clunkiness may come.

Thanks. It's more like it doesn't go off right away, as if there is lag for this ability in particular. This is when Execute is active and available.

15+ Year Old Account
    All abilities with similar mechanics (such as Kill Shot) have these issues, there is no way to get around it.

Deleted
    I'd prefer it if Execute was usable for a second or so after a target was under 20% hp. Shouldn't be too complex to flag a player with this.

Actually it could create some interesting mechanics like increase healing done with certain spells on a player flagged as having had low health recently, or increasing the potency of a CD if activated when flagged.
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-04-14 at 08:59 PM.

I used to have a bit of an issue with this too in PvP and while raiding. What seemed to help me the most is to change my CLT (custom lag tolerance, under your combat tab in interface) to my normal MS +300.. This gives you a few extra milliseconds to "que" up an ability before the GCD is up, helping you get your abilities off.. I got the tip from one of landsoul's videos and it has helped me a lot. Hopefully it helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusifix View Post
    I used to have a bit of an issue with this too in PvP and while raiding. What seemed to help me the most is to change my CLT (custom lag tolerance, under your combat tab in interface) to my normal MS +300.. This gives you a few extra milliseconds to "que" up an ability before the GCD is up, helping you get your abilities off.. I got the tip from one of landsoul's videos and it has helped me a lot. Hopefully it helps you!
    Yeah, adjusting the CLT is very helpful in regards to some abilities, especially execute since it takes a second or so for execute to be available (data sent to client to enable execute) once a mob / player is at 20%.

I still remember back in TBC when sudden death was a proc to be able to use execute regardless of mob health, ahhh yes.. nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Yeah, adjusting the CLT is very helpful in regards to some abilities, especially execute since it takes a second or so for execute to be available (data sent to client to enable execute) once a mob / player is at 20%.

I still remember back in TBC when sudden death was a proc to be able to use execute regardless of mob health, ahhh yes.. nostalgia
    We didn't even have sudden death at TBC, I assume you mean WotLK. Execute at WotLK was terrible, it was just another ability that hit for average damage. At vanilla, tbc and cataclysm, it is a badass ability that kicks...pve bosses' asses and if you are lucky, some players too. Sadly the clunkiness comes from the fact that below 20% is very easy to break even with dps passivve hot ticks, making us and other classes that have this ability spend precious 1-2seconds trying to press/hope for execute hit.

I think Mortal Strike criticals should enable the use of Execute. That, or when the target is stunned/knocked down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusifix View Post
    This sounds promising, thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I think Mortal Strike criticals should enable the use of Execute. That, or when the target is stunned/knocked down.
    would be a little overpowered if the execute damage stays like that in the current beta :P

No problem! Hope it works for you!

I dont see why it aint made like SWeath, can use it at anypoint but above 20% it gives a slight backlash or does ALOT less damage or somthing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Sadly the clunkiness comes from the fact that below 20% is very easy to break even with dps passivve hot ticks, making us and other classes that have this ability spend precious 1-2seconds trying to press/hope for execute hit.
    Meanwhile a mage just ice lances you for double your highest execute crit, from range, while jumping around.
    Or a DK just howling blasts you through BoP from range dealing more damage than a CSmashed Execute.
    Or a feral sneezes and you die through shield wall.
    Or a Ret accidentally 60k hammers you in the opener.
    The list continues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I dont see why it aint made like SW: Death, can use it at anypoint but above 20% it gives a slight backlash or does ALOT less damage or somthing :P
    If it wasn't for the Machosism talent (gives back mana if you don't kill someone with SW: D) I'd much rather SW: D worked like Execute. Nothing's more annoying than using SW: D on a player below 25%, but they just get Healed up before you land it. You end up doing sod all damage and putting it on cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2012-04-22 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Damn smileys