Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    You are claiming they lost a baseline ability (divine hymn) then saying that when they get it back, that it is crap... Umm. I don't see your problem. Spriests rarely used divine hymn. You are getting it back via druids. Your teammate gets your cool ability that might help you win a BG or make it so you don't have to be a designated soaker on a fight. Where is the downside?
    The downside is
    1) that we are required to have a druid (that picks us) to do what we already do (Dh)
    2) what we already do is flawed (Dh) and so they drop that ability druids and give us another via druids that is equally as flawed

  2. #42
    Everyone has an extra button in their spellbooks, called "symbiosis". You pull this out onto your bar, and when the Druid casts symbiosis on you, this button turns into whatever spell the Druid grants you. On the Druid's bar, their symbiosis button now turns into whatever ability they get from you. In the case of a Feral casting symbiosis on a Shadow Priest, the Priest's symbiosis button would turn into Tranquility, and the Druid's symbiosis button would turn into Dispersion. The Priest's Dispersion button stays the same; you don't lose the ability. The Druid also keeps their Tranquility button. Your raid now has two characters (at least) with Dispersion, and two characters with Tranquility.

    You lose nothing.

    You do not lose Dispersion.

    You do not lose Dispersion.

    You do not lose Dispersion.

    I think you miss the point. Priests lost a baseline ability for this crock. I get Dispersion. They get Dispersion. I get Tranquility. They get Tranquility. Tranquility is not used by Feral in PvP, and it certainly won't be used by a Shadowpriest, who has the added benefit of losing 15% damage mitigation and damage to even cast it. The end result is Feral gets one of the best PvP cooldowns in the game and the Priest gets nothing.

    They raped Shadow out of Divine Hymn because they didn't want them running around in Raids with Divine Hymn AND Tranquility. Getting balanced around some other classes new ability is pretty hilarious.

    Instant cast for instant cast imo. I'll take Cyclone tyvm.
    When was the last time you were brought to a raid for your Divine Hymn? Also, Ferals are most likely to be casting their Symbiosis on Shaman, Warlocks, or Rogues, for Feral Spirits or for abilities that help them switch targets.

    Also, they're most likely removing Divine Hymn from Shadow because it is overpowered, not because they don't want to give us two of the same spell. You think you have it bad, Mages are getting nothing but Healing Touch, and Warlocks only get Rejuv.

    If we're talking PVP, well, if you let a Druid (or a Priest) channel Tranq (or DH), you deserve to lose.

    I don't like the idea.
    I'm Shadow and I dps. In my raids the situations for me to DH are minimal.
    In all fairness. I prefer not to since I know I do a hell of a better job just doing what I'm supposed to do.
    While I understand the viewpoint they're using I don't want to be forced to heal. Not even occasionally. Period.
    Selfish? Maybe, but I trust my healers.
    You do NOT want the ability granted by Symbiosis to grant DPS. Remember how much DI (or rather, not having DI) sucked?

    Also, Earth to forums: Feral Druids aren't tanks anymore, they're only DPS. The new tank spec is called "guardian". They get Fear Ward, not Dispersion.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-04-15 at 11:51 PM.

  3. #43
    I don't know Shadowpriests are still melting face in beta.

  4. #44
    How does beta VE compare to the old [Divine Hymn plus old VE] by shadow priests?

    One more important thing to consider. Feral Druid using Symbiosis on Shadow Priest:
    -Feral gets Dispersion
    -Shadow gets Tranquility
    --Shadow still has his *own* level 87 ability. (Getting Spectral Guise to be actually useful is another matter, and it's very likely that it will be buffed from its current state.)

    Not just from Priests, but I see all sorts of classes QQing about why Symbiosis gives Druids a better spell than their recipients do, ignoring the fact that they have their own level 87 ability on top of Symbiosis.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Well, Shadow Priests, we finally see why we lost Divine Hymn. In exchange for a Feral's ability to steal our class-defining ability (Dispersion), we get our Divine Hymn (Tranquility) back temporarily. Not only do they get the better of the swap, but we also lost a baseline class ability so they could. In PvE, you get your Divine Hymn when some Druid feels like you should have it. In PvP, you basically get to take a guaranteed, no-lube ass-raping. Cat gets Dispersion and you get an ability that you can't even use, because casting it will drop your form AND it gets Skull Bashed immediately.

    If you're not pissed, there's something wrong with you.
    Divine Hymn is the new Holy only cooldown. We really shoulda seen this coming with the changes to the holy tree mid Cataclysm. Not only did Shadow lose it, but Discipline did as well. And the new VE may not be as powerful but it is on a much, much shorter cooldown than DH and if you use it at the right time it can be quite a good spell.

    And I'm not sure why the panic. The Symbiosis buff has changed so many times in the past week for different classes. It's nowhere near finalized. But I do hope they keep Tranquility for Shadow symbiosis because even if it's changed I seriously doubt they will give back DH to the other priest trees. And like someone else said above, it's THE DRUID'S spell, not ours. They really should be getting the better skill.

  6. #46
    Assuming they make VE a good raid healing cooldown (because right now it's not, especially for 25 mans), also having Tranq if and when druids give us Symb will be redundant and boring, and I for one am not happy with that choice. Why couldn't Symb give Shadowpriests something we don't already have, like a CC (cyclone) or mobility (Dash), or stealth. Why would we need another raid healing cooldown?

    Also, I'm glad the OP is as mad as he is, and I hope he takes it to the official boards. Shadowpriests need love, and Blizz won't give us love unless they see that we're not happy with the job they're doing. And one thing I don't understand is why would anyone mock someone lobbying for buffs for their own class?

    Priest A: Priests suck! Give us some buffs Blizz!
    Priest B: Shut up, dude.
    Priest A: ....

    Even if you disagree with the guy's opinion, why would you spend energy typing up a post telling him he's an idiot and that he should quit posting? What do you get out of that? Some kind of bullshit moral high ground, the satisfaction of being right (even if you are)? Just ignore him, don't waste your time, and conveniently forget to thank him if and when he gets your class buffed because he was proactive while you were passive.

  7. #47
    If wowhead is right the tranquility symbiosis is a nature spell which will allow a shadowpriest to channel it while in Shadowform. Shadowform only locks you out of holy spells, not healing spells in general. Not to mention if it's kicked you'll have every other spell still available. Seems like a pretty dang useful pvp heal. Your opponent either lets you get off a big heal. Or interrupts it and leaves you free to heal/dps unmolested by interrupts for a few seconds.


    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=113277

  8. #48
    So the best solution to this problem would be to re-roll as a druid. Then you can have all the CC abilities you want on your priest that druids have PLUS dispersion AND tranquility! And heck, since you'll be a druid might as well snatch up whatever other useful abilities from other classes that you can.

    All sarcasm aside...even if they didn't add in symbiosis you would more than likely still be losing divine hymn anyways as shadow. In case you haven't looked yet the shadow spec does not have either divine hymn or hymn of hope. Blizz was re-designing priests to where holy priests get divine hymn and disc. priests get hymn of hope. And this was announced fairly early on before symbiosis was even announced I believe. I think they announced it when they announced druids would have 4 specs to choose from. I'd dig through to the post but way too tired atm.

    Basically, you're complaining about nothing because regardless you were losing that ability. Second, you should be grateful blizz is even giving you the ability to use tranquility from a druid giving it to you to use...technically symbiosis lets you re-gain an ability. For PvP, it's a great chance for you to help replenish your allys health after you've fended off a wave and are defending your base...how many times have you cleared enemies from your flag and needed a quick heal up? To say it's useless in pvp shows you don't really know how to pvp if you're not gonna use certain abilities because you deem them useless. Like divine hymn was any better? Still had to channel that ability...

    Your argument is so full of holes you would have been better off not bringing it up. I could go on and on but it's late...I just wanted to point out that priests are not getting screwed over and you are just trying to say they are because you feel the need to complain about something and make every little change seem like it's horrible. If it was really that bad then you would try to change it by submitting your thoughts and feelings on the WoW forums, not complaining on MMO.

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Kirse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    418
    I do not have a druid, and I love symbiosis. I just think that it's an awesome idea, and I am happy for druids.

    I also understand that priests, such as myself, need a touch more work (divine hymn is my fave healing spell and I'm losing it as disc), but your feelings on this matter really shouldn't be influenced by what other classes get. Jealousy...tsk.

  10. #50
    LOL.

    Spriest Hymn is so damn weak anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Spriests are just glad they won't get asked to use it anymore. And you're pissed because symbiosis is gonna "steal" dispersion? THEY TOOK YER JERB!!!!

  11. #51
    Stood in the Fire Kirse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by mormolyce View Post
    lol.

    They took yer jerb!!!!
    they took his jerb!!!

  12. #52
    I haven't read though the whole thread (just the first page) but have someone talk about this problem? -

    If they have away Hymn from us, why did they give us Tranq? that just doesn't make sense, if they want shadow to use hymn, then leave us with hymn. If they do not want us to use hymn, they why give us Tranq? thats the same thing. We already have the new embrace as a healing CD, we dun need another one.

    If you say it's for 5ppl instance balance, does that implies that shadow priests aren't allow to go 5man with a druid?

    I'm not greedy, give me something like typhoon will do (hmmm, or am I greedy? i just want the push away since we dun have mind control to make enemy jumping down cliff anymore (no I am not going to take that talent, not a chance))

    P.S. our 87lv ability is crap also, give us the cascade or even that feather from heaven and put that shadow thingie into the talents

  13. #53
    How can you be pissed that you get Tranq instead of Divine Hymn (heals for shyt in shadow), if Tranq does a little more healing than Hymn than it's an upgrade. Save the raid with a healing CD or QQ because I still probably think Symbiosis takes away dispersion,........seems you've made your decision.

  14. #54
    Dont feel bad shadow priests, all hybrid classes with healing spec that have not specialized in it lost healing abilities.

    edit: also I wonder if you can actually use tranquility in shadow form as it at least used to prevent only holy spells from being cast. Tranquility being a nature spell.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

  15. #55
    Post your concerns on the official forums and try to do so without sounding like a spoiled child. Coming here and suggesting that Blizzard is run by 'incompetent retards' is stupid, plain and simple, and does nothing to help your cause.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyulan View Post
    Dont feel bad shadow priests, all hybrid classes with healing spec that have not specialized in it lost healing abilities.

    edit: also I wonder if you can actually use tranquility in shadow form as it at least used to prevent only holy spells from being cast. Tranquility being a nature spell.
    The tooltip on Shadowform says casting Holy spells break you out of Shadow so I would assume/hope that Tranq being Nature will leave us in Shadowform.

  17. #57
    what I am pissed at is that BZ say that "hybrid class should not heal", and take away a bunch of our heal, then they couldn't not find a skill to symbiosis for shadow and stuck in Tranq, that is against "hybrid class should not heal" which they've say earlier on. And more over, we already have vampire embrace, why would we need another healing CD?

    Most importantly, divine hymn is a lot more favorable to priest than Tranq

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    what I am pissed at is that BZ say that "hybrid class should not heal", and take away a bunch of our heal, then they couldn't not find a skill to symbiosis for shadow and stuck in Tranq, that is against "hybrid class should not heal" which they've say earlier on. And more over, we already have vampire embrace, why would we need another healing CD?

    Most importantly, divine hymn is a lot more favorable to priest than Tranq
    Coming from experience and knowing that every time I have had to emergency DH it has healed for nothing, all Tranq has to be is a little better and we become a no-brainer target for Symbiosis. Not sure why ppl QQ about gaining utility considering that has been one of the biggest QQ topics for us over the years.

  19. #59
    I think you have a bit of "all about me" complex going on. They "raped" shadow out of divine hymn because they are changing all classes by removing several off spec abilities.

    PVE - What makes you think the druid in your raid will be casting symbiosis on you? Maybe if there is an excellent use for dispersion, but definitely not to give you a channeled raid cooldown that you won't want to use anyway because of loss of DPS time.

    PVP - So in your proposed scenario, where you and some feral druid licking his chops to skull bash your tranquility then lawl away while he disperses, you're engaged in a shadowpriest feral mirror match? Did I miss something? Is the meta game in 3v3 arenas now SPriest, Feral, X?

    I think you just wanted to be mad for some reason, and this is the best you could do.

    Also: The list of spells on this site for symbiosis is GOING TO CHANGE. Guaranteed.
    Last edited by DestructicusMAX; 2012-04-16 at 03:10 PM.

  20. #60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •