Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Yea, must be tough looking in a mirror. I want a playable class, shame about your vision.
    I thought you were either a particularly boring troll or just a melodramatic idiot right up until you used "I know you are but what am I" as a rebuttal to someone's objection to your core argument. Now I agree with you completely, because that's probably the single most persuasive thing I've ever heard anyone say.

I promise I'm not being even a little bit sarcastic.

I want neither. No DH, No Tranq. Case closed. Screw the 'hybrid' crap. It's not because we're already healing in two specs that the third one naturally becomes adept in it as well. Redisign VE so it becomes a smart heal so it at least becomes useful in 25-mans and I'm all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Yea, must be tough looking in a mirror. I want a playable class, shame about your vision.
    LOL ya shame on me for wanting raid utility and somewhat getting it with 2 raid healing CD's. A lot of people forget a shadowpriest is still a fuqing priest. We should be able to help out in healing intensive situations. It was nice being top tier damage for a bit but I'd way rather do 25k dps and 15k hps then 35k dps and 3k hps. IMO we are a hybrid class that is broken off of the only two healing spec class in the game, how is having healing spells that help the raid becoming an issue? Lastly, QQ is when you complain about an aspect of this game,...pretty sure I've been one of the few looking forward to these changes.

I may be crazy thinking of it this way but whatever, looking at the current symbiosis setup, there is probably no way a druid in a raid would be casting it on a spriest any way. There are far better things the druid can get from other classes. So as a spriest you probably wont really be worried about it any way. people need to read things fully and understand them better, AND this is still VERY early beta, no guarantee these will even be the final spells each other get, not steal, not trade, but SHARE.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    LOL ya shame on me for wanting raid utility and somewhat getting it with 2 raid healing CD's. A lot of people forget a shadowpriest is still a fuqing priest. We should be able to help out in healing intensive situations. It was nice being top tier damage for a bit but I'd way rather do 25k dps and 15k hps then 35k dps and 3k hps. IMO we are a hybrid class that is broken off of the only two healing spec class in the game, how is having healing spells that help the raid becoming an issue? Lastly, QQ is when you complain about an aspect of this game,...pretty sure I've been one of the few looking forward to these changes.
    Oh and so because we're priests we're automatically expect to heal? What kind of ridiculous reasoning is that?
    Why don't you ask the Retridin to heal his group then when they're in a rub...

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Dispersion can be very useful for a raid. Soaking on Ultraxion, Zon'ozz, solo soaking on warmaster, taking impales on madness....
    Are you implying that a feral can't do any of these without Dispersion?

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    ikr? If there's one thing feral druids need more of, it's survivability
    Erm, are you sure you aren't referring to GUARDIAN druids? You do realize that Feral is being split into Feral (cat spec) and Guardian (bear spec). Guardian is where all the survivability stuff is come Mists... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Erm, are you sure you aren't referring to GUARDIAN druids? You do realize that Feral is being split into Feral (cat spec) and Guardian (bear spec). Guardian is where all the survivability stuff is come Mists... :/
    No, check the mainpage for a (current) detailed list. Ferals (kitties) would gain dispersion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I see yout point, that's just not how the game work anymore. If you spec DPS, you are full DPS. Blizzard made this fairly clear when they removed the hybrid tax, as too many people where complaing about beeing subpair DPS just because their class could heal as well. I see this as a natural step towoards making you the pure DPS "class" (in this; spec) you suppose to be.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Oh and so because we're priests we're automatically expect to heal? What kind of ridiculous reasoning is that?
    What he/she said.
    Last edited by Drodoo; 2012-04-16 at 09:25 PM.

1) Bc last I checked a pally doesnt have two healing specs
    2) You obviously just care about DPS as opposed to saving a raid which in my eyes is a little more important than recount
    3) I never said expected to heal but assuming a healer goes down or you're on progression an extra raid CD or two (Tranq and VE) may be nice to have
    4) Other than Tranq it's not like we are going to be spamming flash heals on ppl or something so we aren't really healing, our damage is going to be used as heals
    5) Clearly having some utility other than being great DPS is lost on you
    6) Next Beta notes all of this could go away lol

1) Bc last I checked a pally doesnt have two healing specs
    2) You obviously just care about DPS as opposed to saving a raid which in my eyes is a little more important than recount
    3) I never said expected to heal but assuming a healer goes down or you're on progression an extra raid CD or two (Tranq and VE) may be nice to have
    4) Other than Tranq it's not like we are going to be spamming flash heals on ppl or something so we aren't really healing, our damage is going to be used as heals
    5) Clearly having some utility other than being great DPS is lost on you
    6) Next Beta notes all of this could go away lol
    I agree that having utility is a plus but why does it automatically have to be a heal? I mean, I hate being 'forced' to do anything. And if druids give this to me it's because they expect me to use it, otherwise they can just take another target and be done with it. To reiterate on a previous comment I made. I trust my healers so I can do what I'm specced for. Melt faces, and this has nothing to do with recount, I don't even use it so.
    Still, your last comment is very valid, next build it can all change so for now let me rant a bit :P

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    I promise I'm not being even a little bit sarcastic.
    Mostly because this is a situation for irony, not sarcasm. Have a golf club!

I detest Blizz's new "narrow focus" plan which strips away so many tools...

I agree that having utility is a plus but why does it automatically have to be a heal? I mean, I hate being 'forced' to do anything. And if druids give this to me it's because they expect me to use it, otherwise they can just take another target and be done with it. To reiterate on a previous comment I made. I trust my healers so I can do what I'm specced for. Melt faces, and this has nothing to do with recount, I don't even use it so.
    Still, your last comment is very valid, next build it can all change so for now let me rant a bit :P
    LOL ya i really am just ranting too. I dont know I just kind of like the idea of having to break out an emergency fight saving CD,...makes it feel more epic to me I suppose lol. We never know what kind of damage there's going to be next patch,....an extra cd may be necessary. Would be awesome if they gave us increased damage during Vampiric Embrace so that we don't feel as if it is too "heal-y."

Well VE in its current form on Beta would need serious retuning since if it heals evenly across your group the potency diminishes hte more people you have. Calculate in that a lot of overhealing and you end up with a cooldown that doesn't effectively do what it's supposed to do. VE on live suffers from overhealing as well but since it's not a real CD noone cares about it. Well that and the fact that the healing portion is too low to notice. Still VE onlive is party wide so the healing from it is rather effective at times (read: specific encounters). Imagine the same over 25 people and you get the same scenario. If it could be turned into a Smart heal I'd be all in favour for that.

No, check the mainpage for a (current) detailed list. Ferals (kitties) would gain dispersion.
    Yeah, they gain dispersion, but they no longer have survival instincts, nor can they talent into Thick Hide come mists. Only Guardians have SI and Thick Hide in Mists.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=RandomGamer;16424254]Is OP under the assumption that symbiosis won't let him use dispersion ?[p/quote]

No.

I think the complaint is that his spec lost an AoE heal and in return for Symbiosis, his spec gets an AoE heal.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I think the complaint is that his spec lost an AoE heal and in return for Symbiosis, his spec gets an AoE heal.
    Technically he traded an AoE heal that drops him out of shadowform for an AoE heal that doesn't drop him out of shadowform.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    You aren't dependent on the druid because Symbiosis isn't about you. It's a druid ability, not a priest ability. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you.
    You aren't dependent on the Warlock because DI isn't about you. It's a Warlock ability, not a priest ability. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you.

Just as DI was given to the raid member it benefits most, Symbiosis will be given based on what the RL thinks will most benefit the group for the upcoming fight. Need an extra healing CD give it to the spriest. Want another tank CD, give it to the tank. Want a mage to cast healing touch rather than dps, give it the mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. symbiosis can be cast only on friendly targets, enemy druid cant cast it on you to get new ability from you, in world pvp it gets pretty nullified cause druids 87 spell is worth nothing, unless they are not alone, so druids have bigger reason to whine than you..
    2. tranquility is nature spell, that means you can cast it while in shadowform and when you get interrupted you can cast rest of your abilities immediately cause it will lock only nature school spells, meaning its almost not even worth interrupting, cause you will be able to cast freely until interrupt cd is back on..
    3. spriest looks very good atm, the shadowy apparations is still kindda weird spell and seems to me like a waste of gcd in pvp if the enemy is not melee because of how slow the apparations are, but 35 secs cd on psychic horror? cmon, so OP, not even mentioning VE.. im loving my priest now
    4. dunno why you think dispersion is so good for feral druids... when they do it, they cannot dps, meaning its pure defensive cooldown and the mana they get from it is soo good for them, right? if it was resto druid with dispersion, i will not argue, but feral druid? depending on the amount the tranquility will heal for, priest might even get better advantage than druids do..
    Last edited by Boogar; 2012-04-17 at 02:13 PM.