Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wanna know what that Dev Menu does...

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yeah, at 14 I'd probably get my ass kicked by a 18 wow mob too
    the 80 downscaled to 18 character had much less problems with mobs, good example is the silver etin, about what was it, 10 min in? he 1 shots the mesmer with his aoe, but only does about 1/4 of the hp bar dmg to the other player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Because he was fighting against mobs 3 levels above him.
    I was talking about the Cutpurse which was a lv16 mobs. A mere 2 levels higher. And the Etin was only lv17, thats just 3 levels higher.
    Or do you think that if the Mesmer was 3 levels higher instead of being one-shot by that AoE it would just be a mild tickle? Sadly we do not get to see the Thief version or his build.
    Remember he is lv80 scaled down, his stats might be lower but he still has the trait points. If he invested into toughness and/or picked up some trait a long those lines he will be more resilient. So you are comparing a true lv14 to a lv18 who has all the traits of a lv80.

And then we havent even considered any possible conditions in play. Such as Weakness which as you can see in the video is ON THE ETIN at the time of the aoe. And what does weakness do? 50% chance that your attack deals less damage (glancing blow). Its entirely possible that the Thief took a Glancing-blow while the Mesmer did not. On top of the fact that the Mesmer took a crit.

So... yah.

i hate pvp, and i thought the pvp looked amazing. i didnt see any of the getting globaled in a stunlock crap that makes me hate pvp, looked like an actual fight. awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Considering you can cast while moving, there ain't nothing wrong with back-pedaling in this game. Though I will admit it's better to strafe, so it's odd to avoid that...

Unless you don't have the enemy targeted for some reason. O_o
    In Gw2 you have to aim at your target. It's not like WoW where everything heat seeks to the target.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i hate pvp, and i thought the pvp looked amazing. i didnt see any of the getting globaled in a stunlock crap that makes me hate pvp, looked like an actual fight. awesome
    Agreed. No playing "who has the better gear"-crap or the "who hardcounters who"-roulette. So much pvp got ruined just because of that. And im not just talking about WoW or even just MMOs.
    A good competitive game cannot offer stacking advantages. You spend more time? Good for you, that means you had more time to get good and learn the layout of the maps and whatnot. No need to also get flat out more damage and better protection.

That just makes it very unfriendly to new players or those who are simply not spending as much time, who are getting brickwalled by stacking disadvantages. And as such as more likely discouraged from even getting involved in pvp.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but this video is nothing new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    In Gw2 you have to aim at your target. It's not like WoW where everything heat seeks to the target.
    Last I checked, if you have a target, it "heat seeks" to your target.

If you don't have a target, then yes, you have to manually aim.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yeah, at 14 I'd probably get my ass kicked by a 18 wow mob too
    In WoW you can easily take on a mob 4 levels higher than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    Depends on class, spec, level and whether you're wearing heirlooms really.
    A tank or some class with self healing probably can.
    It's also harder to take on an 84 at 80 than a 5 at 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    Sometimes it's true. You should consider that raid bosses are technically 3 levels higher than you, however.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It was pretty decent, just a shame that their "best" players back peddle so much.
    I think you kind of have to sometimes since there isn't any jump shotting and stafing isn't always the best route to take.

15+ Year Old Account
    That video was awesome, i've not watched a video that long and been interested all the way through for a while regarding guild wars, i guess it's cause i was watching someone who actually knew how to play. The pvp looks awesome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillingr View Post
    It's so nice to see someone other than a derpy Englishman making silly remarks about the game.
    O_o

What's wrong with a "derpy" Englishman?

first video I see and damn does this look good, I think its time to leave blizzard behind (except maybe starcraft 2 lol XD)

I never got into guild wars cuz it felt clumsy but nowthis look just plain awesome. casting on the move might finally make me play casters!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Last I checked, if you have a target, it "heat seeks" to your target.

If you don't have a target, then yes, you have to manually aim.
    Certain projectiles are heat seeking, but can be blocked by terrain. Some (most?) projectiles are non homing, but aim for where the enemy is going so you can avoid them by changing direction if you're far enough away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    this is the Youtube version (since some people had issues with the Game Informer player) of the video posted elsewhere on the forums, but i believe that this video should be seen as after watching a lot of press videos, people's perception of combat has been skewed some. this is probably one of the best videos showcasing GW2 available atm.

the driver is GW2 dev Jon Chapman playing with other GW2 devs Johnathan Sharp, Isaiah Cartwright and Karl

i believe that this video was taken after the CBT3 test but before the changes seen at PAX East, at least as far as i can tell due to the staff aoe skill Chaos Storm, which looked very toned down at the PAX East presentation than in this video. it is still in beta so there will be some graphical glitches, i spotted at least 3, so let's not harp on them as the devs obviously saw them.
    thank you so much for sharing this as it gives further insight for me on exactly how gameplay is pretty much destroys all the videos i've seen of press beta'ers going giddy following the school of "if the cooldown is up, hit it!!"

that video you linked shows exactly what Daze/Stun/Control effects are meant to be used for in gameplay terms, reading stuff made me wonder "what's the point of a 1 second daze?!" for example.. the video shows why

it's akin to an interrupt

again thank you for the video as it certainly helped me put the puzzle together better.. def can't wait for the first BWE!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    never played GW1 but im looking for a new mmo to play and im hearing good things from GW2,

will there be an open beta any time b4 the release date?

really thinking of getting GW2 and having no monthly fee is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Certain projectiles are heat seeking, but can be blocked by terrain. Some (most?) projectiles are non homing, but aim for where the enemy is going so you can avoid them by changing direction if you're far enough away.
    Oh come on I left wow to escape auto targeting and that homing projectile crap and now you telling me its in GW2 as well. I wonder if I can still get my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    never played GW1 but im looking for a new mmo to play and im hearing good things from GW2,

will there be an open beta any time b4 the release date?

really thinking of getting GW2 and having no monthly fee is amazing
    No mention of an open beta. Just closed betas, and BWEs that are guarenteed access w/ pre-purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Zem View Post
    Oh come on I left wow to escape auto targeting and that homing projectile crap and now you telling me its in GW2 as well. I wonder if I can still get my money back.
    Then Tera may be the game to play. I'm sure there are a lot of other things GW2 does well to justify money spent, though.