Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Achievement whoring!

So, recently I've been trying to get as much achievs as possible as I have been slacking since I started playing! I just need some of you guys to point me in the right direction to get achievs that are easy, not much of a grind or/and simple gold sinks. (excluding the mounts)
    What reps are easy, etc.
    I know that the Cata reps are easy I just never played paladin at the start of this expansion and so am now starting to do dungeons and older tier raids etc.

Armoury link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/achievement

Cheers in advance chaps!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

i would do all the old meta achis from wotlk alot of points from thoes

The Cata exploration are easy ones for sure, and I grinded out the quests achievements for tons of points

10+ Year Old Account
    You still have 5 heroics not completed you can get 50 points (and a title) from doing them, ear your tabard in Cata instances as you don't have any of the cataclysm reputations exalted(Once Ramakhan is exalted you can buy a couple of mounts, you also get an acheive for buying them).
    Get yourself a dense embersilk bandage or heavy frostweave bandage duel someone then use it on them as soon as them or you lose you will get another.
    Can easily solo Ruins of An'Qiraj

Go for 100 mounts, and you'll get many achieves along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by scottydem View Post
    Go for 100 mounts, and you'll get many achieves along the way.
    This and 50 exated faction, Add loremaster and you are 10k +

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    This and 50 exated faction, Add loremaster and you are 10k +
    Yup quick and easy!

lol I like the 50 exalted reps...its REAL fast. lol.

Really though, exploration ones are really quick and easy and worth a few points, anything were you can wear a tabard for rep is easy money. A lot of the PvP ones are really easy with BGs. Mount collecting is one of the easier ones if you have plenty of gold and reps. Questing one isn't bad, but it is a time sink. Other than that Raid ones you can find a group for don't take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    lol I like the 50 exalted reps...its REAL fast. lol..
    actually, it really isn't as bad as it used to be. aside from the guild perks and the various banners, I really think that several of the old reps have been made to be ALOT easier, Timbermaw, for example. I don't know for sure but I swear that one has been nerfed pretty heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    actually, it really isn't as bad as it used to be. aside from the guild perks and the various banners, I really think that several of the old reps have been made to be ALOT easier, Timbermaw, for example. I don't know for sure but I swear that one has been nerfed pretty heavily.
    Hydraxion Waterlords, Brood of Nozdormu, the Goblins and the Bloodsail are annoying atm. Also Ravenholdt but thankfully you don't need that one for 50 but for 55. I guess you could totally avoid the really awful ones. Thorium Brotherhood could be annoying but I haven't even thought about that in a long long time.

Explorer + Loremaster.

Start out with that and work your way up to

Vanilla/BC/WotLK - dungeons and raids. Do this simultaneously with:

100 mounts and 40 reputations.

That should get you past the 9000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Explorer + Loremaster.

Start out with that and work your way up to

Vanilla/BC/WotLK - dungeons and raids. Do this simultaneously with:

100 mounts and 40 reputations.

That should get you past the 9000 mark.
    This

Also not to mention that I really like the revamped old world, quite some epic quest lines out there, going after loremaster + explorer was something I really enjoyed when achievement whoring

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing -> Dungeons/Raids -> Reputation -> Pets & Mounts

Sign up at openraid and join the chievruns for old content. In the meanwhile you can work on your quest achievements for gold and reputation achievements are not that hard too. Exploration achievements will come with the questing, except for Bloody Rare and Frostbitten, but those aren't too hard these days.
    I wouldn't really bother with the profession achievements until you are fairly progressed with the once I just mentioned. Ofcourse you should do all World Event achievements when they come along.

Deleted
    I have some handy tips for ya :

- Do all the Loremaster achievements. They will end up netting you with a lot of achievement points. It only takes about an hour or maybe two depending on the zone to get the achievements.
    - Whenever there is a World Event do all the achievements related to that event (unless you need multiple months or years to do so, such as one of the brewfest/children's week ones)
    - Do all the Molten Front dailies, every single day untill you have all the achievements
    - Start farming Molten Core, AQ40, The Battle for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple. It will take multiple weeks to get exalted, especially Molten Core, which will take you a couple of months. The Violet Eye (Karazhan) is doable in one or maybe two weeks if you clear it completely.
    - If you do the quests in cataclysm areas you will unlock the reputation tabards for all the cata factions. Use these and run random dungeons till exalted.
    - Do the Cataclysm, WotLK and TBC fishing and cooking dailies every day.
    - Level your professions.

These steps will get you a couple of k achievement points. After this you'll mainly work from achievement to achievement. ^^ I hope it helped.

PS. Jealous of your battlemaster.... don't worry tho, a couple of days till I get mine.
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2012-04-16 at 01:04 AM.

As I was getting many achievements I started wondering what achievements were the most common I miss, so I made a web-tool to find them.

Here the most common you miss (it also tells you the most common pets and mounts you still don't have):
    http://madachiever.com/search.php?ch...resh=1&lang=en

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Snamor; 2012-04-21 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Hydraxion Waterlords, Brood of Nozdormu, the Goblins and the Bloodsail are annoying atm. Also Ravenholdt but thankfully you don't need that one for 50 but for 55. I guess you could totally avoid the really awful ones. Thorium Brotherhood could be annoying but I haven't even thought about that in a long long time.
    Brood is easy if you have a couple of friends. It's just not quick, but requires little weekly effort over a few weeks.

Solo, you can farm the first AQ40 trash pulls over and over til you don't get any rep from trash (2999/3000 neutral); farming the trash alone is also a quick way to get three of the four AQ tank mounts (red will take longer, obviously).

Numbers are fuzzy 'cause it's been a while, but as I recall:

AQ40 bosses weekly - 2700 (Twins and C'Thun)
    AQ40 boss insignia turn-ins weekly - 4500
    AQ20 bosses 2.5 times weekly - 875 (350 each clear...twice a week, three times every other week)

You get a faction ring at neutral from Anachronos, and upgrade it at each new rep level (250 rep per upgrade).

Five class armor quests also get you 500 rep each, and I think they can be repeated.

Thorium Brotherhood is now the easiest faction rep in the game. It could be completed very quickly before (Wrath onwards), and is faster now since you can get to Revered by questing, then turn in Dark Iron Residue to exalted. But even more so because the rep gains from turn ins have been multiplied four times.

Dark Iron Ore used to give just 75 rep, but now gives 300.
    Fiery Core and Lava Core are worth 2000(!) each (used to be 500).

Buy 21 Lava Core/Fiery Core, and go turn them in. Done! Or get that many in a couple of Molten Core clears on your way to Hydraxian rep.

[Of course all of this will go faster if you have the guild perks or the human racial.]

Quote Originally Posted by Snamor View Post
    As I was getting many achievements I started wondering what achievements were the most common I miss, so I made a web-tool to find them.

Here the most common you miss (it also tells you the most common pets and mounts you still don't have):
    http://madachiever.com/search.php?ch...resh=1&lang=en

Hope this helps
    Cool tool, i didn't knew about it, kinda curious what the % is based around though, highly doubt 18% of the characters on the armory have Rivendare's Deathcharger for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Cool tool, i didn't knew about it, kinda curious what the % is based around though, highly doubt 18% of the characters on the armory have Rivendare's Deathcharger for example.
    Thanks! What happens is that these percentages are calculated picking the other characters in the database. It currently has 500+ characters, and most of them are mains of people who like doing achievements and collecting pets. I've just checked and the average achievement points is 9500, and I doubt this is the average achievement points in WoW! When I have time I want to do something to automatically introduce characters in the database, now the only way to have more "realistic" data is introducing characters manually.

Both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition is easy rep. Fairly easy. Go get em
    Shatari Skyguards is like.. an evening of grind to exalted.(atleast with help)
    Thorium Brotherhood is really easy, go buy some fiery core off AH and you're set(2200 rep EACH)
    And most of the Cata reputations should come easy if you just wear the tabard and run heroics.

So those factions should be easy to get and should grant you some Achievementpoints