Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Anime] Recommend me some good Anime movies

Hello everyone,

Recently I've begun watching a lot of anime, and boy is that something I've been enjoying.
    I've watched a few series and a few movies, and I would like to know if there's any movies that you can recommend me, which I should watch.

Here is some anime movies I remember watching (so you don't recommend those ^_^)

• Howl's Moving Castle
    • Spirited Away
    • 5 Centimeters Per Second
    • Tales from Earthsea
    • The Secret World of Arrietty
    • Princess Mononoke
    • Ghost in the Shell
    • Akira
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    • Steamboy
    • Metropolis

Beyond the clouds the promised place and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, great watches!
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    I only know My Neighbor Totoro

Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star(steer clear of the Gary Daniels live action version) Vampire Hunter D 1&2 just a few off the top of my head

Lot's of Ghibli up in here.

Summer Wars (Think the first half of the Digimon movie, but better.)
    Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0.
    The End of Evangelion
    Vampire Hunter D
    Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
    The Animatrix
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan Gurren-hen
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan Lagaan-hen
    Paprika
    Porcco Rosso (Also Ghibli, also good.)
    Memories
    Millenium Actress

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I love The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, have you seen the series? If so, then you HAVE to see the film.
    A lot of people who dont like the series like the movie so thats a plus too.

I liked a movie called Onigamiden, not the best anime movie but still fun to watch non-the-less.

Here's a trailer:

10+ Year Old Account
    if you liked Girl Who Lept Through Time, check out Summer Wars, by the same company and it's amazing :P super cheezy and predictable, but I loved it.

Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22: WARNING: if you're not good with Cliffhangers, don't start watching this yet, the end of 2.22 is..... fucking hell, RELEASE 3.33 already!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Oh I forgot, it's not *technically* a movie, it's labeled as an OVA, however I highly recommend Hotarubi no Mori e, it's really beautiful and sad.

Fate stay night unlimited blade works imo, is pretty boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I thought that was just people who liked the general themes in the series, but rage quit at Endless Eight :P

I watched the film before the series, I actually only watched it because my friend accidently ordered two when it was released here in England. to save him the hassle of mailing it back, I bought it from him.

I'm actually still watching the series now, I'm only the 4th episode of Endless Eight :P
    I sat till the third one wondering if i was doing something wrong or if i had the episodes out of order it threw me for a loop but then when i found what was going on i skipped to the one where things start to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Fate stay night unlimited blade works imo, is pretty boss.
    If you're not familiar with the fate series though it's probably going to be pretty damn confusing

OT: Grave of the Fireflies. The 2 gurren lagann movies
    Lots of other good ones mentioned by other people in this thread

Deleted
    Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0
    GitS movies.
    Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Kara no Kyoukai 1-7
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha movie
    End of Evangelion (TV series first)
    Redline
    Sora no Otoshimono (TV series + OVAs first)
    Disappearance of Haruhi (TV series first)
    Tengel Toppa Gurren Lagann movies Gurren-hen and Lagann-hen (replacement of the TV series)
    Trigun: Badlands Rumble (TV series first)
    Vampire Hunter D
    Break Blade 1-6
    Afro Samurai: Resurrection (TV series first)

You should read the Visual Novel for Fate/Stay Night instead of watching the anime TV series / movie.

Deleted
    I have to wonder if the title and theme of this thread is ironic?

Deleted
    Kara no kyouakai, 7 movies + epilogue and then it is a sort of recap movie on the 5 first movies. they are not in chronically order so some people think they are abit confusing and the recap is chronocally.

Urotsukidōji (Legend of the Overfiend) was one of the first Anime movies I've seen, and remains among the top of my list. Be warned, however: it is NOT for the feint of heart.

Deleted
    not anime person...gungrave anime tv show..dont know why not said yet but cowboy bebop tv show plus movie..

10+ Year Old Account
    Grave of the Fireflies.
    Black Lives Matter

DBZ: Wrath of the Dragon.

All that DBZ awesomeness, with a little Zelda tribute thrown in.